Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    that's two words mushed together.

i (obviously) prefer to watch sports on my HDTV, but i work 8 hrs a day in a car and am not often off on weekends when such events are on. couple that with the problem that i'm a displaced jet's fan in new england, and i rarely get to see my team, or even hear them on local radio. this was a nice work around for me.

i'm not a petty man, but this might honestly make me attempt to switch and bail on my contract, er...agreement.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    First of all, it's not a "contract". It's an agreement.
    I'd be really interested in what you think the difference is.

Hint: There is none.

Nowhere in your agreement does it state the price that you pay every month. It's basically only your word that states you will pay what the salesman offered you.
    You quite clearly didn't read the fine print before signing. You agree to pay the price that you pay at the time you received your equipment discount.

What the agreement DOES say is that you can cancel for a materially adverse change in said agreement. Losing a feature as such could quite possibly be materially adverse if you truly wanted the feature that bad. The NFL app is, indeed, tangible.
    Read your own first sentence and ask yourself this: If the NFL app isn't specifically named as something you'll receive in your contract (Yes, it's a contract, and what the sales rep told you doesn't mean jack.), then how is Sprint not offering the NFL App a change in the agreement?

Hint: It's not. The NFL App is not one of the terms of your agreement with the carrier and as such losing it is not a materially adverse change in that agreement.

If you complain loudly enough, yes, you might get a rep to let you out of your contract based on this, but it will be because you made yourself a nuisance, not because you're entitled to it legally.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    Am i the only one who prefers my HDTV setup to catch the game or race i want to watch? lol.

to those knocking the Nascar app, technically, Nascar is the largest spectator sport in US, so it makes advertising sense for sprint to keep their deal with Nascar.
    I can understand how some people will be upset that they'll lose live audio, but I'm one of those who is indifferent to the whole thing. Part of that may be due to the fact that I live in an NFL town and don't need streaming audio.

On the whole, I didn't think that much of the NFL app. Other sites give the same information and feature better navigation.

My only concern is that it weakens Sprint. I've been very happy with their service for over 10 years. Coverage is fine, service is good, and the rates have always been MUCH lower than other carriers. I can't help but wonder if this is another push on a downward slope for them.

On the other hand, Verizon paid 3x what Sprint was for the NFL exclusive so you knew the NFL would jump at that kind of cash. However, Verizon customers may see a small rate increase to help pay for that pricey exclusive...
    Last edited by semprini; 03/11/2010 at 08:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Will this have any effect on "NFL Network" through the Sprint TV app? Wonder if it will block the Thursday and Saturday games if we still get the channel?

Anyone that pays the crazy high prices for Sunday Ticket and Superfan (extra $100 for the season I think) can watch every game as well as RedZone using the NFL SuperFan app. Also Radio Time will stream any local games and that way you also get pre and post game which you did not get on the NFL Mobile app.
    Those who need streaming audio of the games, may be able to listen to the games through the RadioTime app or maybe even one of the other streaming radio apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by ev99wutang View Post
    Those who need streaming audio of the games, may be able to listen to the games through the RadioTime app or maybe even one of the other streaming radio apps.
    My hunch is they'll be blacked out. You're going to have to have a list of every station in the team's network and check each one to see if they're not blacked out.
    Knowing the NFL, I'm not getting my hopes up.
    What I'm probably going to do is subscribe to the NFL Fieldpass on the web and use that on the Pre since hopefully by then we'll have Flash.
    Good riddance NFL app who I opened once on accident. What a waste of an app and a boring sport. Can we now delete this NFL app?

When are we going to get a real NHL app???
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    Hint: It's not. The NFL App is not one of the terms of your agreement with the carrier and as such losing it is not a materially adverse change in that agreement.
    Actually, it is a change. Go look at your service plan. Click on the Sprint TV part. It's lumped in with data. Now look at the list of features for that part of your plan.

NFL Mobile: Football at your fingertips with the latest stats, news, injury reports, post-game video highlights, fantasy analysis and more.

Right there on the bottom. It's a material part of your plan, advertised as included with your data, TV, GPS, email and music. If they remove that option, it is indeed a material change, and you can cancel your service because of that. You can, if you wanted, cancel your service with no ETF if they raise the access charges by a penny. It's not what you agreed to, you're paying more than you signed up for.

NASCAR is a completely different thing than the NFL app. Sprint paid the NFL fees to license and use the name and broadcast rights. Contract came due, both parties decided not to renew for whatever reason. NASCAR, however, is owned by Sprint, it's part of their company, not a license from NASCAR. The full name is Sprint NASCAR Cup. Used to be Nextel, and Budweiser before that. Sprint won't remove that app until they decide that NASCAR isn't worth the investment anymore, and they sell the name to another company. They can then choose to keep licensing the sport as a third party, or cut ties the day the sale is final.
    Last edited by fussnfeathers; 03/11/2010 at 10:03 AM.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    My hunch is they'll be blacked out. You're going to have to have a list of every station in the team's network and check each one to see if they're not blacked out.
    We got that. They'll be streamed just like they were last season.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    We got that. They'll be streamed just like they were last season.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Doc, if you're right, I will be thrilled beyond belief.
    As a test, what about baseball?
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Actually, it is a change. Go look at your service plan. Click on the Sprint TV part. It's lumped in with data. Now look at the list of features for that part of your plan.

NFL Mobile: Football at your fingertips with the latest stats, news, injury reports, post-game video highlights, fantasy analysis and more.

Right there on the bottom. It's a material part of your plan, advertised as included with your data, TV, GPS, email and music. If they remove that option, it is indeed a material change, and you can cancel your service because of that. You can, if you wanted, cancel your service with no ETF if they raise the access charges by a penny. It's not what you agreed to, you're paying more than you signed up for.

NASCAR is a completely different thing than the NFL app. Sprint paid the NFL fees to license and use the name and broadcast rights. Contract came due, both parties decided not to renew for whatever reason. NASCAR, however, is owned by Sprint, it's part of their company, not a license from NASCAR. The full name is Sprint NASCAR Cup. Used to be Nextel, and Budweiser before that. Sprint won't remove that app until they decide that NASCAR isn't worth the investment anymore, and they sell the name to another company. They can then choose to keep licensing the sport as a third party, or cut ties the day the sale is final.
    I agree... This could be another opportunity for bunches of people to leave Sprint, just like the regulatory fee change... The NFL app and content were clearly advertised by Sprint and called out in the billing statements...
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Doc, if you're right, I will be thrilled beyond belief.
    As a test, what about baseball?
    We carry the games that are available and streamable to the Pre/Pixi. Pretty much any sport. For instance, WFAN streams Mets games so we'd carry the Mets games. WFAN streaming schedule

The blackout rules work like this. Local broadcasters have the rights over national broadcasters to broadcast a game. So, if a game is being played locally, it will be broadcast on the local channels, but not necessarily on the national channels (ESPN, Fox Sports, etc). RadioTime carries literally all stations in the US (some of them can't be streamed to the Pre/Pixi because of format incompatibility). This means that we carry those local channels and, subsequently, whatever game they are streaming. Most of them don't have separate online versus OTA programming schedules so the online stream is just a rebroadcast of whatever is going out over the air which is how MLB games become available. Just download the app and keep an eye on the "Sports" category. Whenever a game is available, it'll show up in the listings.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    Good riddance NFL app who I opened once on accident. What a waste of an app and a boring sport. Can we now delete this NFL app?

When are we going to get a real NHL app???
    you know what? you're right.
    hey guys, he's right. we don't need an NFL app. stupid boring game. NHL. that's what the masses are craving.

thanks, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    From the looks of it we will still have a NFL app, so I don't know why you all are complaining.
    Maybe a little less features, but still it's something.

This just means Sprint won't be supporting NFL anymore.
    As long as it works to some extent then I am ok... but I didn't want it to be a totally worthless app and Sprint leave it hanging around taking up space. Honestly, I wish we could treat it like all the other apps and delete it when we want to.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    We carry the games that are available and streamable to the Pre/Pixi. Pretty much any sport. For instance, WFAN streams Mets games so we'd carry the Mets games. WFAN streaming schedule

The blackout rules work like this. Local broadcasters have the rights over national broadcasters to broadcast a game. So, if a game is being played locally, it will be broadcast on the local channels, but not necessarily on the national channels (ESPN, Fox Sports, etc). RadioTime carries literally all stations in the US (some of them can't be streamed to the Pre/Pixi because of format incompatibility). This means that we carry those local channels and, subsequently, whatever game they are streaming. Most of them don't have separate online versus OTA programming schedules so the online stream is just a rebroadcast of whatever is going out over the air which is how MLB games become available. Just download the app and keep an eye on the "Sports" category. Whenever a game is available, it'll show up in the listings.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Oh, I've had Radio Time on my Pre for a long time, it's on my bottom wave, that's how much I use it.
    I tried it during the NFL season instead of Sprint's NFL Mobile because of the better sound quality, it was silent during the game (WQAM in Miami), then after the postgame started, it returned.
    I know MLB and the NFL have different rules, but I'm skeptical I'm going to be able to listen to live radio of a MLB game.
    Thanks for a great app, I use it every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    Sprint should sponsor something like UFC and other cool sports.
    I 2nd this.That would be crazy. I will miss the live team audio. But I will try "radio time" Thank for reminding that i have this.
    This is almost as bad as when Fox News Channel live on Sprint TV was talen away.
    according the serivce agreement:
    If a change we make to the Agreement is material and has a material adverse effect on Services under your Term Commitment, you may terminate each line of Service materially affected without incurring an Early Termination Fee only if you: (a) call us within 30 days after the effective date of the change; and (b) specifically advise us that you wish to cancel Services because of a material change to the Agreement that we have made. If you do not cancel Service within 30 days of the change, an Early Termination Fee will apply if you terminate Services before the end of any applicable Term Commitment.

is it a chance to quit from Sprint without early termination fee?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post

Uhhh.. it's actually the NASCAR Spring Cup Series. Sprint does not own NASCAR. It just sponsors the highest level of professional competition within NASCAR. NASCAR is actually a family-owned and operated business.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234