Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NFL app was like NFL.com or ESPN website. Animated field and your pick of teams audio.
    The NFL Network was just that Live Video of the NFL Network and it was good enough to watch a game.

We might need an underground patch....lol
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Feel like the Veterans Stadium Implosion

http://z.about.com/d/philadelphia/1/...implosion4.jpg
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1 View Post
    I love the NFL app! This news is aweful. Damn Sprint!!!
    I second that! Sucks bigtime, that's one of the reasons I got the Pre in the first place.

Reports of when and how this is going to happen from SprintUsers:

Beginning 3/31/10, when customers access the application NFL Mobile Live, they will be prompted to download the new application Sprint Football Live.
    While we won’t be offering NFL Mobile, starting 3/31 we’re proud to introduce the Sprint Football Live application, offering play-by-play professional football information and college football too. This application is free to customers with any data plan.

So what will Sprint Football Live include?

Pro Football Draft

Live Draft Tracker
    In depth analysis and bios on nearly 500 top prospects
    Exclusive blogs from top Draft prospects Sam Bradford and Ndamukong Suh
    Draft Predict-a-Pick: 32 picks in 32 days
    Regular Season Football

Pro and college football coverage
    Live Game Center
    Real-time stats and scores
    Breaking news
    Game previews and recaps
    Expert insight and analysis from source likes Pro Football Talk and Sports Blog Nation
    Even more content will be confirmed before the start of the college and pro football seasons

Will customers still be able to get NFL audio and NFL video?

Live NFL game audio and video will not be available at this time.
    Customers will be able to follow all the live play-by-play action with the Live Game Center for both pro and college football games.
    Additionally, Sprint offers live stream of ESPN college football games and other great video coverage on ESPN Mobile TV and NBC Sports on Sprint TV.
    How can customer get the Sprint Football Live app?

Starting 3/31/10, if a customer goes to download NFL Mobile Live, they’ll be prompted to download the new application Sprint Football Live. Customers can also text “FOOTBALL” to 7777.
    The installation of the new application will replace the NFL Shield/NFL Mobile Live link on certain phones.
    On some iDEN and Sprint feature phones/non-smartphones, the NFL Shield/NFL Mobile Live link will remain on the phone and direct the customer to download the new app. Once the download is complete, advise customers to remove the old NFL Mobile Live link.
    Which phones will support the new Sprint Football Live app?

The plan is for all current devices that support NFL Mobile Live to support the Sprint Football Live application. See full list on sprint.com/NFL on 3/31/01.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Why does all this stuff have to be exclusive. Sure it is nice starting out but in the end it is bad for the customer. We should take a play from the Canada folk. Like with the cable there, a lot of the choices are "ala-cart" Where you pick the channels you want in YOUR lineup. Here in the US it is this is what you get - yes or no. Want one channel or one app on a phone, you need to pick the company that has it. Then if you want something else sorry, only the other company has it. OR you have to pay for several things to only get one, the one you want.
    NFL Mobile- whatever, just another letdown.

Maybe this fall we can also vote for a service strike. Need lower rates for cell phone, cable, sat, land line, power & gas, water. NO base rates. We just start at zero and pay for only what we use or want.

Sorry for going on. I'm just getting older and more tiered of the bs.

We want them!!!
    so does that mean that sprint will delete the app now?
    Quote Originally Posted by twbrooklyn View Post
    so does that mean that sprint will delete the app now?
    I would guess so. Probably not delete, more of an update to the current app. Icon change and such.

Ahhh......corporate sponsorship. Partly why I don't race DH bikes anymore, I got so sick of Red Bull and SoBe everywhere I looked.
    i chose to listen to the jets live audio through my pre this past season rather than have to plug in all the necessary cables and antennas for my sirius radio. looks like it's back to all the wires. too bad.

if this htc supersonic doesn't pan out, i'm all done with sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Yes... either a 40 cent monthly rate increase or removal of the NFL features should allow you to get outta contract ETF free. It all depends on the rep that you get, how well you can articulate what the agreement actually states, and possibly how many times you'd want to call back... because one of those reps WILL understand.
    NFL Mobile isn't anywhere in your contract, so losing that service/app is not a change to your contract.

No such luck.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    This is TERRIBLE NEWS!! I'm so sad. Having the NFL App and the NFL Network was what finally pushed me to get the Pre and switch to Sprint. The NFL Network was pretty much the only channel I watched on Sprint TV.
    What I will miss most is getting those alerts everytime the 49ers scored (not very often, but I could at least track the games).
    This does suck. Now I have to watch the "Verizon Wireless" halftime show during the Texans games! This blows big time.
    In season it was one of the most used apps i had. Listened to Giant and Jet games all the time i will miss it.

Fred
    If they split... can we take the NFL app off our phones for real... Or are we stuck with a busted app?
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    From the looks of it we will still have a NFL app, so I don't know why you all are complaining.
    Maybe a little less features, but still it's something.

This just means Sprint won't be supporting NFL anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    NFL Mobile isn't anywhere in your contract, so losing that service/app is not a change to your contract.

No such luck.
    First of all, it's not a "contract". It's an agreement.

Nowhere in your agreement does it state the price that you pay every month. It's basically only your word that states you will pay what the salesman offered you.

What the agreement DOES say is that you can cancel for a materially adverse change in said agreement. Losing a feature as such could quite possibly be materially adverse if you truly wanted the feature that bad. The NFL app is, indeed, tangible.

Furthermore... anything is possible with cell phone companies, especially Sprint. There's probly tens of thousands of call center reps all over the world... just hang up and call back and try again. If you really want to cancel your service, hit redial all day long, and they will cancel you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkoont View Post
    Just saw it on the news. Verizon will be stepping in to replace sprint. And they said Verizon will fully stream the draft so it might not be available on Sprint.
    Gee, Imagine watching the draft on TV?
    Sprint should sponsor something like UFC and other cool sports.
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
    Cool. One less useless app.
    Am i the only one who prefers my HDTV setup to catch the game or race i want to watch? lol.

to those knocking the Nascar app, technically, Nascar is the largest spectator sport in US, so it makes advertising sense for sprint to keep their deal with Nascar.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast