Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1.    #1  
    VZW snatches the NFL away from Sprint.
    Verizon Strikes Deal to Carry NFL's RedZone Channel - WSJ.com

    This really stinks, I would listen to games on my Pre as well as watch NFLN when I was away from my TV.
    I wonder how much VZW is going to charge?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I wonder how much VZW is going to charge?
    Haha, that sounds about right.


    That's a really bad thing for Sprint. =[


    Wait what makes you think it will stop the Sprint/NFL connection?
  3. #3  
    wait does this mean we lost the nfl app? the radio broadcasts and video?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Haha, that sounds about right.


    That's a really bad thing for Sprint. =[


    Wait what makes you think it will stop the Sprint/NFL connection?
    Because it's exclusive.
    And yes, kiss the radio and video bye bye.
    I'm going to have to look into the Fieldpass.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Because it's exclusive.
    And yes, kiss the radio and video bye bye.
    I'm going to have to look into the Fieldpass.

    I'm still confused. It says the NFL Redzone is exclusive. I see no reason that this affect the Sprint NFL app at all.
  6. piaband's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #6  
    I dont care. It was a cool novelty app, but it was pretty pointless to have this on my Pre. It wasnt very useful.
  7. #7  
    hmm i don't see the words exclusive anywhere.
  8. #8  
    i used it every sunday for the radio calls.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    I'm still confused. It says the NFL Redzone is exclusive. I see no reason that this affect the Sprint NFL app at all.
    Try this link.
    NFL Plans Mobile Version of RedZone Channel - WSJ.com
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    I dont care. It was a cool novelty app, but it was pretty pointless to have this on my Pre. It wasnt very useful.
    I used it every Sunday. And, sometimes checked on news stories during the week.

    I kept up with my favorite teams without having to waste a Sunday afternoon glued to a tv.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    I dont care. It was a cool novelty app, but it was pretty pointless to have this on my Pre. It wasnt very useful.
    To you but some of us used the NFL Mobile app but it's moot now.
  12. #12  
    i don't see exclusive anywhere. nor do they say it will be gone from sprint.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I see no connection between the two. The NFL Mobile on Sprint is NOT the RedZone channel.

    Two different entities. The mention in the article is referencing the price of plans for similar (though different) packages
  14. #16  
    besides for the overeacting title, kinda like this thread. i don't see where they say the sprint app is over..
  15.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    besides for the overeacting title, kinda like this thread. i don't see where they say the sprint app is over..
    I slugged it this because it seems so many Pre owners want to get rid of the NFL (and NASCAR) app.
    I'm hoping with Flash coming to the Pre, I can get the Fieldpass and use that on Pre.
    I used to have NFL Sunday Ticket on DTV but it's almost $400 a season for the games in HD.
    I bet VZW charges about $20 a month for the NFL Mobile, they have to recoup the money they're paying the NFL.
  16. bjs188's Avatar
    Posts
    188 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    #18  
    I wouldn't get too excited. Verizon FiOS had NFL RedZone Network all last year, and Sprint NFL app still worked. But if it is gone, that would suck, but not worth switching to VZW and Pre Plus just for that alone. With radiotime app I can stream game coverage on my phone
  17. #19  
    Honestly being a big football fan, and a big redzone fan, I may end up going to Verizon for that alone! That is huge for Verizon.
  18. #20  
    if they take away my sprint nfl app, i'll die. It was the best way to keep up with my home team while i'm away at school...


    edit: but it appears that its just the redzone channel on verizon. the title of this thread is all wrong.

    edit: it appears NFL IS done with sprint http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ting-ways.html
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 03/09/2010 at 11:50 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions