Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If they do get rid of the NFL on Sprint, I bet a lot of Sprint customers would be filing for breach of contract.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I think its only the redzone channel - which was pretty terrible. It basicly would switch games to any team that was about to score.

I don't think it'll have any inpact on what Sprint offers
    premature reporting. doesn't seem like this effects sprint at all.
    and good point with the radio time app.
    The inside spin is that Sprint decided not to continue the partnership with the NFL. Probably Verizon bid higher to the NFL and Sprint folded. Who knows what really happened.
    maybe Sprint can focus on other things... Like wimax instead of burning cash on nfl sponsers.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    maybe Sprint can focus on other things... Like wimax instead of burning cash on nfl sponsers.
    Let's not forget that Clearwire is building wimax, Sprint is just contributing $.
    Sprint must update several parameters and parts of their infrastructure in order for wimax.... Right? It's coming summer 2010 in most of Florida.. Woohoo!
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    premature reporting. doesn't seem like this effects sprint at all.
    and good point with the radio time app.
    Verizon Wireless, which also becomes the NFL's official wireless service sponsor, will provide fans with unprecedented access to America's favorite sport regardless of whether they are in the stands, at home, or on the go.

Among the programming that will be available for the first time during the regular season will be the wildly popular NFL RedZone channel from the NFL Network, which airs live look-ins of every key play and touchdown from Sunday afternoon games. Fans also will be able to watch live streaming of NBC's Sunday Night Football and NFL Network's Thursday Night Football. In addition, fans will receive the NFL Network channel, which airs seven days a week, 24 hours a day on a year-round basis, and is the only network fully dedicated to the NFL and the sport of football.
    It says nothing about being an exclusive partnership. In fact, Engadget reported a few months ago that the NFL was looking to bring the Red Zone channel to multiple carriers.

While yes, Verizon is now the official sponsor of the NFL, all that really means is that we'll have less Sprint commercials and more Verizon ones during games. It says almost nothing about whether or not NFL Mobile will continue to be available on Sprint. I'd bet there's a good chance we'll eventually get the Red Zone channel on Sprint's version of NFL Mobile as well.
    As long as it still has the play by play and shows the field with the drives Ill be happy. But I will have to admit I think its funny everyone wondered how much VZW was going to charge. Their billing system and what they charge people is why I love sprint so much.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Couldn't this mean that we still keep our NFL app and VZW just get's the redzone exclusively? They are two different channels. I'd prefer the redzone over the NFL channel application, but I still like our NFL app.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It says nothing about being an exclusive partnership. In fact, Engadget reported a few months ago that the NFL was looking to bring the Red Zone channel to multiple carriers.

While yes, Verizon is now the official sponsor of the NFL, all that really means is that we'll have less Sprint commercials and more Verizon ones during games. It says almost nothing about whether or not NFL Mobile will continue to be available on Sprint. I'd bet there's a good chance we'll eventually get the Red Zone channel on Sprint's version of NFL Mobile as well.
    NFL switches wireless sponsors, Sprint’s out Verizon’s in | Sprint Connection | News and views on Sprint Nextel
    Well, I never said it wasn't possible that it would affect Sprint's deal, just that nothing in the press releases about the new Verizon one.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12