Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Just wanted to share... details and history and full review to come.

Home internet (Provider: Clear) (WiMAX)

Internet Package: Unlimited
    cost: 45/mo

do i like it: **** yea

http://www.speedtest.net/result/738646979.png
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post

5 back to back tests w/ comcast 45.00 per mo.
    winner winner chicken dinner.
    Holy crap... I don't believe it. It's just TOO high to be a metered WiMax connection. Pics of the setup?
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post
    Holy crap... I don't believe it. It's just TOO high to be a metered WiMax connection. Pics of the setup?
    Not wimax.......Broadband FTW!

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    winner winner chicken dinner.
    That movie was cool!

Follow the link below.

Not wimax.......Broadband FTW!
    Then why post in the WiMax thread? Because you have an extremely high connection that is wired and has nothing to do with the topic at hand other than it being an Internet connection?
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Wimax is um...wireless? Comcast is...not.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post
    Then why post in the WiMax thread? Because you have an extremely high connection that is wired and has nothing to do with the topic at hand other than it being an Internet connection?
    Uhm because I felt like it!

Actually my point was that for the same money my comcast blows the wimax out of the water w/ 4 other machines on the network, while theres no way you get those speeds (9mbs) on wimax unless you are the only machine using bandwidth

Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    Wimax is um...wireless? Comcast is...not.
    Really!!!!

Who give a crap if its wireless or wired.... My machine is wireless. since I allready have a cable coming into my house why would I want to go wireless for the same money......Uhm why?

broadband = 45.00 per mo.
    wimax = 45.00 per mo.

Difference being one has a wire and double + the speed for the same money, seems like a no brainer too me!

Follow the link below.

i have high speed internet and mine is not even close to that speed lol thats unreal man !

oh yeah 22slow do you have a copy of that fade patch that just removes the fade in the messenger ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Good luck carrying many-mile-roll of wire when u actually do get out of your house. Comcast FTW! ..?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Its like comparing desktop to pda/smartphone - why do you need the 2nd if 1st is cheaper and faster? ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0xel View Post
    Good luck carrying many-mile-roll of wire when u actually do get out of your house. Comcast FTW! ..?
    For 45.00 you only get home OR mobile not both! Read the first post the op stated Home service!

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    For 45.00 you only get home OR mobile not both! Read the first post the op stated Home service!
    I can take my modem anywhere in the footprint. To add the usb-modem unlimited 4g stick its only 10/mo more.. = 55/mo for 10Mb/s Home + 10Mb/s mobile usb stick

27607 raleigh nc doesnt have much for hi-speed residential internet providers.

59/mo RR Cable (TWC) 10Mb/s (same as my 45/mo)

Verizon FIOS has not hit this part of the triangle yet.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Its still wireless. He could technically pick it up and take it anywhere with coverage and an outlet.

This is great news for people in more rural areas that get totally overlooked by broadband companies. They will be able to get affordable reasonably fast internet. And with a lower cost of infrastructure due to the size of a single wimax tower so it can be actually affordable for the company to provide the service to these areas.