View Poll Results: Has Luke Wilson convinced you that you need to talk and surf at the same time?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I need this option now!

14 21.54%
  • No, would never use this option/wifi is enough.

51 78.46%
  1.    #1  
    Just out of curiousity, am I the only one who finds the Luke Wilson ATT commercials incredibly annoying and ineffective? I rarely have the need to talk and text at the same time, and when I do, I find that I usually have my wifi on and I am able to do so with my pre. I also think it's annoying while talking to have put the other person on speaker phone and pull the phone away from my ear while I look up something. I would just as soon hang up, look up the info and call the other person back. Just wondering what others thought
    Yeah, he's annoying. He's condesending to Verizon, where the Verizon commercials are funny, really funny. Like the guy with his map in front of the TV. And the guys in the diner trying to get a signal.
    While I find this extremely convenient, I rarely talk & surf on my Pre even when I have wifi. With the mainstream of wifi in most stationary places, there may not be a need for this. But I don't talk on the phon much, so I can imagine the realtor or salesperson who needs to email while conversing with their client or the mom who wants to make sure their friends got the latest video of her son taking his 1st steps.

why can't Sprint just put to EvDO radios in...one for voice & the other for data?
    Can you use an internet phone setup (VOIP, Skype...) and surf at the same time? Mind you, I have no idea what I'm talking about here, just wondering out loud.

I like Luke Wilson...except in the AT&T ads...he was good in Legally Blonde! Since I use Verizon, I don't really like the disparaging remarks. But it's no big deal, every carrier has it's pros and cons, and I don't think it's really a great use of my time getting too worked up over who is the best, who says they are the best, who has the most perks, etc. Right now, Verizon works best for me since my phone is company supplied and they are sold on the big V...If I was choosing all on my own, I'd probably be thinking about switching to Sprint...especially after the Pre2 or C40 (sounds like explosives doesn't it?) comes out.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    It might be nice one day a month but generally not a problem for me. I can always call back.

Just to hi-jack and get on my soap box. I cannot believe how "instantaneously needy" we have all become. Imagine being out and about with just a cell phone - gasp. Or even this - no cell phone.

There are many features that may be nice to have and would be useful but that doesn't make them essential. Just my $.02.

I'm done.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    It might be nice one day a month but generally not a problem for me. I can always call back.
    Exactly my thinking. Defiantly not worth the extra money AT&T wants for it each month.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    Just out of curiousity, am I the only one who finds the Luke Wilson ATT commercials incredibly annoying and ineffective? I rarely have the need to talk and text at the same time, and when I do, I find that I usually have my wifi on and I am able to do so with my pre. I also think it's annoying while talking to have put the other person on speaker phone and pull the phone away from my ear while I look up something. I would just as soon hang up, look up the info and call the other person back. Just wondering what others thought
    i thought this was gonna be a thread about time warners talk&surf bundle lol.. it comes in handy at times.. but usually when it does, i'm at home with a wifi connection.. i mean.. it's not like ones gonna use that while they're driving... and all the restaurants i go to are usually on a good side of town and near shopping centers so at 8 out of 10 places i'm able to connect to a wifi network.. soooooo.. yeah.. no biggie.. for now at least.. dun dun duuuuuuun
    sounds like a cool feature, i'm not willing to pay extra for, i hardly talk on my phone anyway so it would be pointless. plus doesn't our phone have like a proximity sensor, it turns the screen black if it feels something close to it while on phone? idk about you guys but when i'm on the phone and need to look up a contact somtimes the screen goes black because it can't tell it's my finger and not my face lol

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    sounds like a cool feature, i'm not willing to pay extra for, i hardly talk on my phone anyway so it would be pointless. plus doesn't our phone have like a proximity sensor, it turns the screen black if it feels something close to it while on phone? idk about you guys but when i'm on the phone and need to look up a contact somtimes the screen goes black because it can't tell it's my finger and not my face lol
    Bluetooth, Speakerphone, and corded headsets.
    __

And I never addressed the original question: Luke Wilson and those commercials are almost as bad as the creepy lady....almost!
    You need to add another option in your poll... Yes I wish I had it, but not because of those idiotic (misleading) commercials.
    If I had it, I might find a way to use it once, maybe twice, a month... certainly not enough to warrant switching to a cruddy network and paying more for a phone I don't want.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Would be useful for me but would not pay extra for that.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Yeah, he's annoying. He's condesending to Verizon, where the Verizon commercials are funny, really funny. Like the guy with his map in front of the TV. And the guys in the diner trying to get a signal.
    It's like AT&T is shouting a child-like "I KNOW YOU ARE, BUT WHAT AM I?!!" temper tantrum with these commercials. It's sad and makes AT&T look (even more) petty.

Have yall seen the "Big Red" Verizon commercial? It's effing hilarious!! And catchy.

PS. Ironically, I have AT&T DSL and am very happy with the cost and service, lol.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Well I do hate the whole AT&T vs Verizon commercials as they are getting REALLY old (not just the Luke ones). But I will have to admit that I would like to chat and surf at the same time. Would add to the versatility of the phone/carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Verizon take shots at AT&T so why is it wrong that AT&T fire back?
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    Luke Wilson makes Verizon look good through the sheer fact that they were smart enough not to hire him for advertising. Not only is he not funny (never has been) but him talking makes me sleepy.
    I'm on Sprint so with wifi on I'm able to talk and surf. With my Bluetooth headset on it's actually kind of cool and sometimes very useful.

For example I was having a conversation with a friend who mentioned that she needed a certain length ethernet cord for her computer, so I did a search on Amazon found the 15ft cord she needed for cheap and emailed her the link to the page without missing a beat in our converstion.

When I told her I found one and had already emailed it to her, she was astonished that I did this on my phone while we were talking.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation