Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    got this this morning

The current status of your repair is:

Please contact store where repair transaction originated to provide authorization.

Thank you for visiting bell.ca.

Back to homepage

hopefully it's just a 40$ repair charge, not a freaking 300$ replacement charge
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    bell doesn't "do" warranties
    so if i want my cell back i need to pay 40$
    or pay 170$ to have the usb crack repaired....

calling palm atm and hopefully they will be more help than bell

emailed exec. offices and cc SVP CS
    hopefully this will help resolve the problem fast

the palm rep said the cracks aren't a defect and arent covered, I then pasted a post from a tech support user in the palm forums...
    the rep didn't know what to do and transfered me to his supervisor mehehe :P
    spvisor said bell-mo. asked palm to redirect anything not of technical nature back to bellmo

so i'm back at waiting, hopefully Mr Myers will get involved and get me a replacement fast

more to come once things move...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mr Myers answered the email this morning (quick reply, 8:09AM his time)
    He said someone from his own team will contact me shortly to do everything possible to resolve the problem

Bell does care, once you escalate past the call center managers...

Thanks again ToniCipriani for the help
    Last edited by caryopsis; 07/16/2010 at 10:02 AM. Reason: follow up 2
    well, it's been over a week now, no email
    no call
    no voicemail
    no email reply
    Last edited by caryopsis; 07/27/2010 at 02:24 PM.
    Email him back and say nobody contacted you...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I'm also playing the waiting game with Bell, my first replacement was defective out of the box (no external speaker) and I'm now at about 6 weeks waiting for the next phone. Other than the waiting, I haven't had any issues at the Bell store with warranty issues. Brought my original in with a defective power button and microphone, they ordered a replacement immediately, no questions. 6 weeks waiting for that replacement, defective external speaker...back to the Bell store. Ordered another replacement immediately, no questions. I haven't taken them up on loaner offers because I've always found ways to still use my Pres such as they are with patches and Bluetooth headsets. I've never been one to sing Bell's praises but luckily for me, I haven't had as much aggravation as the rest of you.
    Exec office sent an email (reply from last weeks email)
    HE was super fast in replying when using his own email
    he's gone to see a tech guy for pre's to see what he thinks

If I can't get a replacement under warranty they are offering me with credit to compensate...

more info to come soon

------------------------------------------------------------

worked things out with bell
    getting a credit instead of replacement because I tried to stop the crack on my own (just let it crack next time... :S)
    around a 70% drop in repair costs, still decent considering what I did etc...
    now I need to buy a case that will protect and prevent that USB crack from apearing.

suggestions?
    Last edited by caryopsis; 07/29/2010 at 12:41 PM. Reason: update and resolved
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12