1.    #1  
    I know it's been said a million times... That CDMA can not do data and voice at the same time. I had never read any of the posts until this week.

You can say we're nuts... But up until sometime I am guessing last week, we could get both here in the Kansas City area. Yesterday my son who has a Sprint HERO mentioned that he could no longer access the web while on a call. I laughed at him and said well atleast I can with the Pre. BUT... Sure enough I couldn't either.

We both know we've done it before.. No matter what everyone else says. Just a few days ago I was talking to my wife... Minimized the call and searched for a business location for her and talked to her the whole time.

Is there a chance that some testing could have been going on here in the heart of Sprint.

Thoughts...... And No... I havn't been smoking any bad stuff....
    your wifi must have been on
  3.    #3  
    Maybe at times...... But I can think off the top of my head at least 3 times where wifi access would have been out of the question. It's one of those things that you do'nt initiate that often. But there have been several times when surfing the web (of course only Pre Central) and calls come in. I guess we've been lucky... But no longer.
    The current CDMA standards don't allow for simultaneous voice and data (I think EVDO rev. B does, but it isn't being implemented by Sprint in favor of the switch to WiMax, and Verizon to LTE). It simply isn't possible. You must have had a WiFi connection available. Texting yes, web browsing no.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    If your browsing you can receive a call in. While you are on the call you won't be able to load any new pages or refresh the page that you are on successfuly.
    Quote Originally Posted by giblet View Post
    If your browsing you can receive a call in. While you are on the call you won't be able to load any new pages or refresh the page that you are on successfuly.
    +1 Would be cool if you could.