Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    Sorry no. The 120$ does not cover water damage or board-level damage. A broken screen, yes. A charging port broken off the main circuit board, no.
    Since the phone has a 1-year warranty the best option is actually the $4 a month ERP (Equipment Replacement Plan) since it's the "Insurance" part of the TEP plan.

Phone Protection Solutions
    He was referencing the fact that the 120 is for a refurb replacement from sprint, nothing to do with the insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queueyou View Post
    He was referencing the fact that the 120 is for a refurb replacement from sprint, nothing to do with the insurance.
    A dog chewing on a phone is most likely going to cause damage to the board inside the phone. That would be considered damaged beyond repair and would not be covered under wither warranty or a replacement in store, it would have to be covered under ERP or TEP through Asurion.

If that store is replacing DBR phones, it will be stopped when they audit and come back with a ton of DBR handsets coming from that location.

Don't even think of relying on that situation. It isn't in the terms of the warranty, or any of Sprint's policies. If a store won't replace your phone and it doesn't fall under the categories I posted and subsequent deductibles, then don't be angry when they won't swap your phone. Don't blindly believe what someone says on a forum just because they say so, especially when others are saying otherwise and printed information says otherwise.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superdog87 View Post
    If the damage to the phone was not intentional (water, physical, lost...) then you qualify for advanced exchange most of the time.
    Too bad they did away with the self service advanced exchange tool back in December
    i have TEP but man asurions phones are terrible! if i ever got a asurion phone i would replace it as soon as possible! their phones are garbage! TEP is only good for the liquid damage. asurions customer care is the worst! its a necessary evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    Too bad they did away with the self service advanced exchange tool back in December
    Many of the self service exchanges being done were for phones that should not have been eligible for them and should have gone through Asurion. Even with charging those customers for the difference in the price of the phone, it caused a lot of unnecessary overhead to manage.

Unfortunately it is another example where people are taking advantage of the system and the entire thing is removed to get rid of the problem few because it is too much work to manage. Advanced exchange is still available at many Sprint stores.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I dropped my inusrance after being unemployed for a while and trying to cut cost . After getting a job back I tried to add it back and they told me NO. this is great. I added the inusrance back . I had used this insurance in the past and its worth it. Not just replacments but repairs. I had a button issue with my PRE and went to the sprint store. they told me if I had the insurance they would fix it OR just give me a new one but there was nothing I could do other then send it in for repair and pay for the repair. Glad to have the insurance back.
    i had a issue w/ the volume button, w/ no insurance and they replaced it with a warranty. if they had told me i had to pay for the repair, i would have told them to go pound sand given that i was under warranty. why would you accept an answer that you had to pay when you were under warranty (unless you know you broke it)?
    so how would you get a refurb Pre for $120? i think that sounds much better than the $100 deductible. I had to pay it last time when I dropped my phhone nad the digitizer broke.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12