1.    #1  
    anything new on the cdma 1.4 ) updtae foe bell users?
    we got the short end of the stick with bell up here. NO advertising, only for samsung Olympic phones, hell the Pre is barely even mentioned in their literature. They never actually stock them in my local one anymore, 30 days wait for you if you want one, and now we must be the ONLY carrier to not get that update during the month promised. Now I blame Bell for this and not palm, it Bell's fault that the Pre is not doing as well as it should up here, Palm needs to get better carrier partners everywhere though it seems.
    Yep its Bell... they did a bit of promo with the Pre then they killed it all after they made to move to GSM and got Iphone which like every other carriers in Canada they just pushing Apple.

here in Canada its either you have a Blackberry or Iphone... nothing else matters... no other smart phone will survive in this market..

personally i hate Apple..... and Blackberry need a change...

Palm needs to do something for us Canadian... and please no more BETA app catalog
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    Yep its Bell... they did a bit of promo with the Pre then they killed it all after they made to move to GSM and got Iphone which like every other carriers in Canada they just pushing Apple.

here in Canada its either you have a Blackberry or Iphone... nothing else matters... no other smart phone will survive in this market..

personally i hate Apple..... and Blackberry need a change...

Palm needs to do something for us Canadian... and please no more BETA app catalog
    Exactly...
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Yay Canada!
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    I'd just like to add that I am getting extremely irritated over the lack of the full catelogue and I blame Palm for the lack of it. Though I blame Bell for not making it anysort of priority for Palm. Europes even got a release date while we have nothing. Europe has become a higher priority and that makes me sad, damn you bell and your mismanagement of this awesome phone
    Europe = ~731 million
    Canada = ~35 million

Math says you are at the bottom of the pile. I'm Canadian myself, I know how you feel but you just need to get used to it. Sorry folks.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    yes yes... We get it... Canadian are getting shafted... Howevery what I don't understand why is Palm having Bell controlling the updates and App catalogue? Unlike Blackberry when I can just download the new software and update the damn thing. If Palm leaves Bell in charge of customer service/ Phone service ie Pre update we will wait a while... Which sucks... Is there anything Palm can do to help us with his... Btw I switch from Rogers to Bell just for the Pre.... Now Milestone is looking attractive...
    I think bell might be waiting for 1.4.1, since 1.4 has alot of issues, and i think they did that with 1.3....
    true, that appeared to be what they did with 1.3.5, due to the exchange issue. It would still be nice to hear an official word on the matter though.
    Quote Originally Posted by schmuck View Post
    we got the short end of the stick with bell up here. NO advertising, only for samsung Olympic phones, hell the Pre is barely even mentioned in their literature. They never actually stock them in my local one anymore, 30 days wait for you if you want one, and now we must be the ONLY carrier to not get that update during the month promised. Now I blame Bell for this and not palm, it Bell's fault that the Pre is not doing as well as it should up here, Palm needs to get better carrier partners everywhere though it seems.
    Exactly.

The Pre was launched here August 25. During the launch month these are what I saw:

- Few days of ads in the Metro on the front page
    - Demo stall was set up in Eaton Centre (big mall in Downtown Toronto) for about a week
    - Demo units in Bell stores on lighted stands (usually placed at the back of the store, only seen one occasion it was put at the door)

Then the HSPA network launched November 4th, and of course the iPhone and BB9700 became spotlight. Everyone seems to have forgotten the Pre existed.

That's two months of launch, and one month of advertising by Bell. Now it's just a bargain corner phone along with some POS texting phones, free on 3-year. Even the demo units are gone all replaced with an Omnia II or Galaxy, although you still find some larger stores might have one still running OS 1.1 or something. I did a good deed to one and actually updated it to 1.3.5.1. But I think I went back a few days later the keyboard died on it, and nobody in the store seemed to care.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 03/02/2010 at 10:14 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Any one from BC, particualy the Lower Mainland? If we get enough people together we can bombard a bell store with complaints and maybe get ourselves out of the contracts.
    that's sooo damn true about Bell...
    however they are testing 1.4 or so they say.. Some fat guys playing around with a Pre in Canada that have 1.4 ..
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison.del View Post
    Any one from BC, particualy the Lower Mainland? If we get enough people together we can bombard a bell store with complaints and maybe get ourselves out of the contracts.
    North vancouver....
    Yeah, I don't understand why Canada didn't get as many Palm products or advertising up here. The only commercial I saw on tv for Palm was regarding the Pixi, and it's not even here. I mainly think they believe they'll get more money from selling Iphone's and BB. That's why they're getting all the show time up here.

Recently Bell has put themselves in other stores (like the Source - old name is Radio Shack) so people can test out what the Pre is like. I walked into one of those stores and the only phone on to play with was the Pre, but no one came up to me to tell me about the product. We have 2 other major carriers in Toronto, with more carriers on the way, and none seem to feature the Palm Pre. I'm wondering if the carriers don't care for Palm products, since they're only selling us the older models of Palm (Centro, Pro, etc....). I'm even more surprised that the Pixi (or any of the plus versions) haven't even made it's way north.

The government has just stepped in to say international phone (and cell) companies are free to sell cell phones to generate some money in this country. They even have the go ahead to buy current companies too. That might mean Bell could get bought out or receive some heafty competition. Then we might see some more Palm Pre, pixi, pre+ and pixi+. That would be cool.

It's all about the dollar bills!
    Its here...pre says i can update now...i am gonna wait until i get home and dr. first.

its about time!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jerwey View Post
    Its here...pre says i can update now...i am gonna wait until i get home and dr. first.
    its about time!!
    Care to back that up with some screen dump action?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    check the main news feed from dieter!!
    done downloading, now installing
    Quote Originally Posted by caryopsis View Post
    done downloading, now installing
    how long did it take to download?

It;s really really really slow for me.. I did online internet speed test, so i know it's not that...