1.    #1  
    The GSM Association issued a press release regarding Voice over LTE, including handset manufacturers who have signed on.

Handset manufacturers and equipment vendors supporting VoLTE include Acme Packet, Alcatel-Lucent, Aylus, Camiant, Cisco, Colibra, Communigate, Comneon, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Genband, Huawei, LG, Motorola, Movial, Mu, NEC, Nokia, Nokia Siemens Networks, Qualcomm, RADVISION, Samsung, Sony Ericsson and Tekelec.

Palm is not on that list. I guess Palm will not be releasing an LTE handset anytime soon. Palm always seems to be behind the curve with hardware.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    The GSM Association issued a press release regarding Voice over LTE, including handset manufacturers who have signed on.

Handset manufacturers and equipment vendors supporting VoLTE include Acme Packet, Alcatel-Lucent, Aylus, Camiant, Cisco, Colibra, Communigate, Comneon, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Genband, Huawei, LG, Motorola, Movial, Mu, NEC, Nokia, Nokia Siemens Networks, Qualcomm, RADVISION, Samsung, Sony Ericsson and Tekelec.

Palm is not on that list. I guess Palm will not be releasing an LTE handset anytime soon. Palm always seems to be behind the curve with hardware.

Any thoughts?
    and... Htc, rimm and guess whoelse apple is not even on that list. lte is not even ready for prime time. These list don't mean anything anyway, I rember when andriod was announced and sprint and tmobile were the only carriers who signed on but now look android is on the big 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    and... Htc, rimm and guess whoelse apple is not even on that list. lte is not even ready for prime time. These list don't mean anything anyway, I rember when andriod was announced and sprint and tmobile were the only carriers who signed on but now look android is on the big 4
    I would say that the missing companies will be using a 3rd party chipset like Qualcomm.