Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. #21  
    it's hard to believe no one would offer you anything...I threatened to leave back in january with the whole get out with no ETF thing and they gave me a $10 credit/month for a year to get me to stay....but if you look at the total cost of the 2 yr contract, ull prolly make back that $450...not to mention for starting a new line w/ sprint you can prolly do better than $200 for a bb....try going into a store or calling some more and give some reasons that you are thinking of leaving for cheaper plans and see where that gets you. I just can't believe they're telling you to go to ATT.
  2. #22  
    I don't think it's fair that palm is giving us phones with so many problems I'm hating my pre right now.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    I don't think it's fair that palm is giving us phones with so many problems I'm hating my pre right now.
    and that has to do with this thread because?
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    and that has to do with this thread because?
    |
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    and that has to do with this thread because?
    Because he has problems with his Pre, so everyone needs to know about it. I like turtles too.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    |
    love your answer
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Because he has problems with his Pre, so everyone needs to know about it. I like turtles too.
    i should have realized that i can be so stupid sometimes
  8.    #28  
    I guess my situation requires further detail. My family has an AT&T Plan and they recently moved so they canceled their service for all but one line on AT&T. It was more or less a sudden, unexpected move, so we didn't see it coming two months ago (when the plan was refreshed). Now, two months later, they realized they need to leave and canceled two of the three lines (the other two were month to month). The third line is the one I would like to move over to Sprint.

    Quote Originally Posted by rfceo View Post
    If you were to compare apples to apples. Staying with Sprint and keeping your Pre. vs Switching to at&t and a similar data/messaging plan, Sprint over the coarse of the 2 yr contract is going to save you far more than your termination fee. The retention department at Sprint may be able to do something for you as someone else has mentioned.
    Personally you could not pay me enough to switch to at&t.
    I agree, I can't afford the AT&T data + messaging plan, hence why IF I do end up going over, I'll have to give up my data. However, I might BARELY be able to afford the Everything Data plan by Sprint, if they were to accomodate for the $450 lump sum of switching over. Which is why I'm struggling to stay with them.

    It's kind of odd how Sprint is easily willing to let me go while I am struggling to keep giving them my money...

    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I think its totally fair for sprint to not offer to pay part of the termination. Why would you get into an ATT contract 2 months ago? You made your bed sort to speak.....
    I agree, up to an extent. I do agree that they are under no obligation to provide me compensation for another carriers termination. However, if notified that someone else is trying to lure me away, the least they could do is try to retaliate? As for getting into the AT&T contract, I mentioned earlier in this post that it is actually my family and not me who did it, and had to leave unexpectedly.

    I agree that I did "make my own bed" (encompassing my family's situation and whatnot), however, the fact still remains that AT&T is willing to fight for my money before they even have it, while Sprint, even having my money, refuses to bat an eye for me.
  9. #29  
    you should have only got one line... just leave sprint, they should not pay your eft for at&t you say you can barely afford your sprint plan right now, then maybe you don't need it, let alone 2 lines... either way your going to spend alot of money at&t is going to be more over time and sprint you just need more money at the start
  10. #30  
    Why not look at going with an Simply Everything Plus package? It drops the cost of Sprint down by a few bucks a month. You need to get the name and user ID of a Sprint employee to get on the program, but there was one guy who had freely posted his all over the internet so people could do just that. I have three blackberrys that I'm paying about $130/month for and have EVERYTHING that Sprint offers (including Any Mobile Anytime). Whatever you spend up front to move from AT&T to Sprint will more than be made up for by the increased services you'll see from Sprint. After all, you don't see Verizon, Tmobile or AT&T mentioning Sprint too much when they are trashing each other in their ads. Reason: none of their plans can come close to giving you the bang for the buck that Sprint does.

    And you don't have to get a Tour, get a Curve.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsjordan View Post
    you should have only got one line... just leave sprint, they should not pay your eft for at&t you say you can barely afford your sprint plan right now, then maybe you don't need it, let alone 2 lines... either way your going to spend alot of money at&t is going to be more over time and sprint you just need more money at the start
    I stated that I can barely afford it if I pay both lines on Sprint, one line for me right now, is fine. I agree that I have to pay a lot of money for Sprint up front, but more money for AT&T over time, so I guess it's about a quick death, or a long drawn out death.
  12.    #32  
    Looks like i'm staying with Sprint.

    I finally talked to a nice guy who sounded like he truly cared about my business and having me stay with Sprint. (unlike the other 20 people I spoke to).

    I was offered $100 credit, plus a buy back of my old AT&T phone (for $60). I then brought up the $20/month and they offered me a $10/month credit to take care of that.

    Ultimately, I am very happy.

    As I said, I don't want them to slap $450 into my account, I want them to try to do SOMETHING so that switching my line over to Sprint didn't force me to eat scraps for the next 6 months. Obviously I'm exaggerating, but you understand that $450 is a lot of money.

    Getting $60 for the old phone, $100 credit and $10/month off is a strong argument for wanting me to stay with Sprint, and I plan to do just that.

    Thanks to all here for your opinions and your feedback.
  13. #33  
    Plan?? Plan to do just that?? You mean after all this.... you didn't agree to that offer right then and there? Kudo's to sprint for coming through for you, even if they made you work for it instead of giving it to you.

    I swear if they played hard to get they would end up with more business, anyone with a contract would know the secret handshake and everyone else would want to know what it is.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty B. View Post
    Plan?? Plan to do just that?? You mean after all this.... you didn't agree to that offer right then and there?
    hahaha. It was just a manner of speech. I definitely did it right then and there. I was just typing my post while I was still on the phone. I am currently finalizing the details and working out the kinks.

    Hurray for Sprint for making me call two days in a row and deal with, literally, over 20 reps (and managers) until I finally got a good deal.
  15. Giblet's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    #35  
    The company still thinks that you made your own bed and should have to sleep in it. They still think that you are an ***** for signing up for 2 contracts on 2 separate carriers for sure.

    They gave in because it was at the point where it was more expensive to keep dealing with you.

    This situation is 100% your fault and you should feel thankful that Sprint did anything for you and not complaining that it took so long to happen.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions