1.    #1  
    I wanted to know what peoples thoughts were regarding the Pre and pixi only available currently on cdma providers in the USA. and if this limits the devices.

I say this primarily because CDMA cannot do voice and data simultaneously. We all know that webos, number 1 feature is kick *** multitasking, and not being able to do voice and data at the same time kind of limits multitasking abilities. yeah i know you can use wifi, but there's many times its not available.

Since ATT has been responding to verizons anti iphone ads (Idoesn't) with ads targeting verizons inability to do simultaneous voice and data. (luke wilson game show ad). Imagine what kind of ads ATT is gonna be able to pull against cdma carriers (mainly verizon) when they get webos multitasking, and gsm ability to do voice and data at the same time.
    no because cdma networks also have faster data so i think the faster data is worth being able to call and browse
    Has not hurt me yet, no one yet has used a lifeline and called me from a game show.
    I for one can't stand CDMA. But since my mom pays my bill (in high school) I cant complain.
  5.    #5  
    I think im just a little concerned, for sprint and verizons ability to attack Iphones lack of multitasking as an indirect way to attack ATT; once webos comes to ATT. We all know that when verizon attacks iphone inability to multitask they are indirectly trying to hurt ATT and not Apple(apple is not a competitor to verizon). Once WEbos comes to ATT, they might flip that multitask argument back at Cdma carrier.

Kinda like; you had a device capable of amazing multitasking but a network that couldnt. we have a network that could multitask but a device that couldnt. Well now we got a device that can multitask along with a network also capable of multitasking.

Understandingly that many wont need to use phone and data at the same time, and no one expects a person to call them from a game show lol. I would barely use it execpt for one situation and that would be having pre/pixi on touchstone in car, using navigation and talking on phone at same time. that would be awesome.
    You can browse and talk at the same time if you're on wifi - good enough for me.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Doesn't bother me. Hate AT&T anyways. With their shoddy service in the SF Bay Area and their high pricing, it's either Sprint or Verizon(which might be the same price, but I at least feel like I get my moneys worth) for me.

On the other hand though, if WebOS could be pushed out to every major carrier, I'd think Palm would be in decent shape. I know a bunch of AT&T people that would love to get one but they don't wanna switch.
    I prefer the way CDMA handles voice. I can have 1 bar and it sounds as good as if I had full bars. You can't say the same for GSM.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    God knows why palm would sell th pre this way. if it has come with sim card slot like all other phone on the market, I am sure its sales would have at least 10 times as much as it is today. I would have bought this phone if it is available with a sim card slot. The purpose is to sell the phone, why limited itself by going backward. I really do not understand the logic here! my company would have bought at least 1000 of these pre on the first month of its launch in north america! Instead I stayed with my old treo 680 and my iphone for now until Palm come to sense to do the right way again!
    even if there is no carrier to buy the pre, I am sure the rest of consumers would still pick the pre if it come with the sim slot.
    AFterall, Palm still has the best data management softwares, iphone did not come even close with its easy to use, its convenience.
    Good luck Palm, hope the CEO wake up tomorrow with a proper frame of mind!!
    Jon Rubinstein wake up. I am sure if they start to sell the pre with the sim slot, the sales will pick up immediately.!
    I can't believe these luke wilson ads are actually working and people are asking this question...I really thought these ads were AWFUL, but apparently they are more effective than the palm ads...oh btw...just turn on wifi and you can talk and surf at the same time...not that complicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I prefer the way CDMA handles voice. I can have 1 bar and it sounds as good as if I had full bars. You can't say the same for GSM.
    It really depends on what phone you have. My E51 I can talk with 1 bar, UMTS or GSM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    no because cdma networks also have faster data so i think the faster data is worth being able to call and browse
    You mean unable?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    You mean unable?

As for browsing speeds, it's really dependent on network. Bell and Telus here advertise their HSPA network as an upgrade (3G+) to their CDMA network (3G). The HSPA network is capable of doing 21 Mbps.

But I somewhat agree with you that the CDMA network isn't exactly slow. Only thing is that I completely hate CDMA for the lack of SIM cards. What is this, early 90s, where the network has absolute control on what I can or cannot use? With GSM/HSPA I can just plug the card to any phone I want.