1.    #1  
    These sources are from engadget:
    Sprint Says First 4G Handset Will Launch By Summer Velocity - Forbes.com
    WiMax to Cover 1 Billion Plus in 2011, Surpassing Expectations - Mobile and Wireless from eWeek

Apparently 800 million people worldwide will be covered with WiMAX (4G kinda) by the end of the year. Sprint promises to have a WiMAX mobile device by the first half of 2010.
    Over or under a 75% chance that the next pre has WiMAX, hopefully before the holidays?

Also, maybe those rumors about Wally World allowing WiMAX towers across America is true!
    Last edited by tman9476; 02/19/2010 at 02:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Um get it right WiMax is provided by more than just Sprint/Clearwire.... So in total WiMax is planned to cover more than 800 million around the world not just by sprint. It currently covers more than 600 million per the article around the world in 147 countries with god know how many providers....
    Palm really needs to make their next phone with WiMax. Otherwise I might have to jump ship to a WiMax capable phone (well, given that its coverage is in my area)
    The first 4G Sprint phone will be the HTC Supersonic.

Description from article posted by tman9476;

" This universal "need for speed" means businesses and government agencies--not just consumers--will likely adopt Sprint's 4G phone when it debuts, says Alves. He declined to disclose additional details about the handset, but online reports point to a touch-screen phone running Google's Android operating system, designed by Taiwan's HTC. Since Sprint's 4G network is not yet nationwide, the handset is said to be "dual-mode", automatically switching to Sprint's 3G network in areas where 4G isn't available. "

HTC 'Supersonic' to ring in WiMAX on Sprint, Android-style -- Engadget

HTC Supersonic for Sprint possibly spotted in the very, very ugly wild -- Engadget
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker11 View Post
    Palm really needs to make their next phone with WiMax. Otherwise I might have to jump ship to a WiMax capable phone (well, given that its coverage is in my area)
    You will be jumping ship into the ocean as there are NO 4G capable phones on the market right now. The first one will be the HTC Supersonic and it is not being released until mid 2010 and it will run Android.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I will absolutely use my Sprint Premier annual upgrade to move to a WiMax phone since I live in Baltimore/Washington area and it's been here for forever. Love my Pre but dual mode 4G and 3G and HTC and android is just too sweet to not jump to. And given my battery life recently has been measured in single digit hours, a new smart phone couldn't be any worse
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcging View Post
    I will absolutely use my Sprint Premier annual upgrade to move to a WiMax phone since I live in Baltimore/Washington area and it's been here for forever. Love my Pre but dual mode 4G and 3G and HTC and android is just too sweet to not jump to. And given my battery life recently has been measured in single digit hours, a new smart phone couldn't be any worse
    I am with you on this one. As much as I love my Pre, the Supersonic specs are impressive to say the least, including the 1Ghz Snapdragon processor, 512mb of RAM and a 4.3 inch OLED capacitive glass screen, expandable memory (up to 32GB) and 4G capable, this will be a tough phone to beat.