Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    AT&T shows in ads that verizon cant do it. Since Sprint is also CDMA, can Sprint do voice and data simultaneously on Palm Pre? How are sprint data speeds in general compared to AT&T/Verizon??
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
  2. #2  
    This has been posted numerous times, no.
  3. jesmann's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #3  
    Sprint can not do voice and data at the same time on network. With Wifi connected you can use data via wifi while on a call.
  4. #4  
    no ... just in case it wasn't clear from the previous posts.
  5. SDash's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    #5  
    if you have skype over 3g and webos multitasking, maybe...

    maybe in update 1.5
  6. #6  
    My Pre is the only phone I've used on Sprint's network that would not allow simultaneous data and calling usage. I love this phone, but I miss a few things that I could do on my much slower Motorola Q9c.
  7. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RaAkhenaton View Post
    My Pre is the only phone I've used on Sprint's network that would not allow simultaneous data and calling usage. I love this phone, but I miss a few things that I could do on my much slower Motorola Q9c.
    Pre has nothing to do with this. It's a CDMA limitation, not a Pre or Hero or BBerry limitation. If you're on a wifi connection, you CAN use both data and voice simultaneously. By data, that doesn't include text messaging. Text can be sent while on voice so long as it doesn't have a pic/video attached (MMS).

    OP, search is your friend.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  8. #9  
    I haven't really found a time yet which this is very useful. I talk to people but it's not like "hey look up this for me" while I'm out. It's more like, "hey lets meet up at J landing in 15" and they I proceed to use google maps and anything after.

    ..I actually got yelled at by someone who caught me looking up something while talking with them (connected wifi), it is a pretty rude thing to do, not that AT&T and Apple cares about civility.
  9. #10  
    Plop!

    Quote Originally Posted by RaAkhenaton View Post
    My Pre is the only phone I've used on Sprint's network that would not allow simultaneous data and calling usage. I love this phone, but I miss a few things that I could do on my much slower Motorola Q9c.
  10. #11  
    As for data speeds, BGR did a whole series about it a few months ago...

    Carrier Wars: T-Mobile results, wrap up Boy Genius Report
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

    Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
  11. MBaraz's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #12  
    Can't do voice & data which means you can't do voice & GPS which is REALLY irritating when you are lost and the crappy GPS can't help much but you can't call to say you are late. Won't somebody come up with a decent smartphone. The Pre bites.
    Michael
  12. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaraz View Post
    Can't do voice & data which means you can't do voice & GPS which is REALLY irritating when you are lost and the crappy GPS can't help much but you can't call to say you are late. Won't somebody come up with a decent smartphone. The Pre bites.

    What kinda phone do you have? Lemme Guess...an iphone. Which means your w/ att which means sh** service which means Pre RULES!!!
  13. #14  
    how does the mobile wifi spot work? For instance, is it setting up a separate wifi network, meaning you could simultaneously talk and surf the web?
  14. MBaraz's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigatoni1374 View Post
    What kinda phone do you have? Lemme Guess...an iphone. Which means your w/ att which means sh** service which means Pre RULES!!!
    I hear you... but I have a Palm Pre on Sprint... and there are at least 15 reasons I could enumerate why this phone is a step backward from the Treo. If the damn Treo didn't reboot every few calls I'd go back (again). I had high hopes for the Pre but I am soooooo disappointed. It is slow and feature bare. I keep getting told to use Classic... that seems counterintuitive to use old programs on a platform that has a completely different interface.

    The iPhone is so-so and I do not disagree about AT&T. But the Pre has failed to live up to some low standards
    Michael
  15. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I haven't really found a time yet which this is very useful. I talk to people but it's not like "hey look up this for me" while I'm out. It's more like, "hey lets meet up at J landing in 15" and they I proceed to use google maps and anything after.

    ..I actually got yelled at by someone who caught me looking up something while talking with them (connected wifi), it is a pretty rude thing to do, not that AT&T and Apple cares about civility.
    why is that rude if you're still listening to them and having a conversation with them?

Posting Permissions