1.    #1  
    Believe it or not, I am still on a Treo 650! It does everything I need it do do. I have unlimited vision for $10 and a $30 voice plan with 900 anytime minutes w unlimited text messaging and 5% off my monthly bill. I've had this 650 since 2007 and it has been dead reliable and I use it a lot, everyday, 365 days a year. I have been paying TEP ($3 /mo) and ESRP ($4/ mo) ever since the 650 came out. I have been out of contract with Sprint for many years (probably 8 years). It was only a few weeks ago I dropped the TEP because of the $100 deductible. I have never filed a claim under TEP (never lost a phone).

Last week the keyboard starting acting up on the 650 and 2 of the keys stopped working. I called Assurion to get a replacement 650 but they said they had none. Assurion connected me to Sprint to see if they can get me a 650 but Sprint had none either. Sprint offered me a 700P or 755P but told me I have to change plans. I said I do not want to nor can I afford to change plans and double my monthly bill. My point to Sprint was that if they cannot get me a replacement 650, I will go on Ebay to buy one and then I would request that the premiums I have paid for ESRP be refunded. The Sprint Rep offered me the 755P with the EVDO plan (with the same coverage as my old plan) but discounted so that I will not pay more than what I am currently paying which is $40/mo (less 5%). If that is indeed true then I will accept. My dilema is how do I get assurance that when the time comes to activate the 755P, the promises made will be carried out? The promises are supposedly noted in the logs by the Sprint emplyeee who I spoke to ( I have his name and login id). When I called back later, another Sprint employee told me the notes are indeed there but when I asked for a copy of the notes to be sent to me, she said they cannot do that. For all I know, Sprint can deny it all.

I need your advice on how I should proceed. I have received the 755P. I have not called Sprint to activate it yet because I have a queasy feeling about all of it.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Paranoid much?

Just go for it. If you have to pay the normal fee like the rest of it, then so be it.
    I would look for a 650 or 700 locally, like on Craigslist or in the paper. Once you get the phone, you can activate it yourself online or by calling customer service. Since it's the same phone, you won't have to change any of your plans.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    just put up a thread in here and buy one from someone in these threads lol they are all palm users and many are repeat users with palm. im sure someone has a phone in here for you !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    The main issue is the data plan change. Your 10$ data plan only supports Vision (1XRTT) devices. The 700 and higher are all Power Vision (EVDO) devices so the data plan would have to change. Since all the old data plan add-on codes have expired pretty much everyone is having to switch to the newer plans which include data.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    The main issue is the data plan change. Your 10$ data plan only supports Vision (1XRTT) devices. The 700 and higher are all Power Vision (EVDO) devices so the data plan would have to change. Since all the old data plan add-on codes have expired pretty much everyone is having to switch to the newer plans which include data.
    This is the reason. There is a slim chance that you may be able to get it to work, but it will probably not work, and you will probably have many more issues with billing in the future using non-standard additions like this. It was these many different additions and such that caused the many billing issues in the past.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the replies. I understand the plan has to change because the 755P is a EVDO device. The issue is Sprint promised me that the new plan will be discounted so that I will not pay more than what I am currently paying. That was the condition that I accepted the 755P. The question is how likely will that promise be honored and what can I do to insure it is honored. In case it is not honored, I want to go back to a 650 which I can get on Ebay for $30. Will that be possible?
    You can go back to a 650 but not on your old plan. Once you change from a plan that Sprint no longer offers, you will not be able to go back to it for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudedvision View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I understand the plan has to change because the 755P is a EVDO device. The issue is Sprint promised me that the new plan will be discounted so that I will not pay more than what I am currently paying. That was the condition that I accepted the 755P. The question is how likely will that promise be honored and what can I do to insure it is honored. In case it is not honored, I want to go back to a 650 which I can get on Ebay for $30. Will that be possible?
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."