1.    #1  
    This happened yesterday. I got on the You Tube App on the pre and was looking at the video's I check out daily. Usually I have to watch it in 5 second spurts or just pause it and wait for the whole video to download and then watch it. But it actually downloaded fast enough for me to watch it while it downloaded. This was a first. I have never been able to stream video's from You Tube fast enough to watch them on my Pre before. I got on the forums and started to look around for an answer but didn't find any. Closest thing I came to was someone stating how 4G was going to start throttling speed after 5Gig's a month was used. I thought the Pre was only a 3G phone and since day 1 I have never had such a fast download speed. The boost seemed constant throughout today also. Basically what I'm asking is this:
    Is there a way I can find out if my area (Indianapolis) got a network fix or extra satellite coverage or something to explain the sudden boost in network speed? Has anyone else around this area got the boost also?
    The Pre does NOT have the 4G radio in it, so it can't do 4G, impossible. There are threads about this.

But there is a patch that 'unthrottles' download speeds'.

Maybe you installed that?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

placebo?? lol no

probably just local tower upgrades
    Quote Originally Posted by itstwoam View Post
    This happened yesterday. I got on the You Tube App on the pre and was looking at the video's I check out daily. Usually I have to watch it in 5 second spurts or just pause it and wait for the whole video to download and then watch it. But it actually downloaded fast enough for me to watch it while it downloaded. This was a first. I have never been able to stream video's from You Tube fast enough to watch them on my Pre before. I got on the forums and started to look around for an answer but didn't find any. Closest thing I came to was someone stating how 4G was going to start throttling speed after 5Gig's a month was used. I thought the Pre was only a 3G phone and since day 1 I have never had such a fast download speed. The boost seemed constant throughout today also. Basically what I'm asking is this:
    Is there a way I can find out if my area (Indianapolis) got a network fix or extra satellite coverage or something to explain the sudden boost in network speed? Has anyone else around this area got the boost also?
    I found your post interesting. I doctored my phone yesterday and after I get everything going again I also was thinking that youtube was playing better and when I download MP3's they were downloading quicker and smoother as well. I convinced myself that doctoring made my phone better than new, but it's possible that there were some network upgrades or something. Or maybe it's just a coincidence, I'm in Missouri.
    I'm in Houston and I too noticed yesterday that my youtube streaming was going unusually faster than normal. I didn't think anything of it at the time because I had my daugters to deal with. My first thougt was that I was getting a lower red video but then I went and playedsome of the higher red videos that I had previously seen and voila. Maybe there were some updates done from Sprint that we are unaware of.