Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    as of 2/11/2010, Sprint 4g is very inconsistent. Sprint will start throttling your "unlimited" 4g connection after you have used about a combined total of 5 gigabytes of data download/upload usage, it is even stated in the new brochures which you can find at a local Sprint Store.

At the expensive $59.99/monthly rate, Sprint is outrages for even considering and implementing a automated service, which is handled by Clear/Sprint's computer servers based out of Southern California & Kansas City (Clear/Sprint's respective main headquarters), to dramatically downgrade the quality of your wireless internet connection and reduce raw download speeds.

The reality of the situation is Sprint sells consumers on false expectations. This is one of the reasons why Sprint will keep on bleeding subscribers like a stuck pig because consumers will expect Sprint to live up to their advertised "unlimited 4g" with "speeds up to 10 times faster than 3g" (which is about 10 megabytes per sec.) In return for consumers hard earned money, Sprint provides consumers with less than half the advertised download speeds & downgrades the "unlimited" 4g service to as tolerable as dial-up speeds.

Sprint receives an F for FAILURE on the launch of their 4g services.

http://i49.tinypic.com/mru6mt.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/69p84h.jpg
    Last edited by 4gtester; 02/12/2010 at 12:38 AM.
    cool story bro.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Yeah, total bummer.
    You made an account just to post that? Well aren't you dedicated.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    That Sprint's advertising promises more than it delivers is no surprise but I admit that they need some limit to bandwidth that each user accesses. I hate to say it but tiered pricing may be in the future of America if people need more data.

I don't use 5gigs on my phone. I didn't even do it when I tethered my old phone as my main internet line. To extrapolate on the all you can eat plan. I don't want to pay $80 for someone else to use 12 gigs and me use 4 but I don't want to pay $60 to use 4 gigs either.

Tiered pricing will eventually result in me paying more $$ than I want to though. :{
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4gtester View Post
    glad you noticed
    Oh c'mon. I provide a reply to your post thinking there will be a good discussion.

Don't be a ****, even if you are bated.
    i smell a f a n b o y in the room !! i like turtles !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #8  
    Regardless if you use 5 gb on your phone or not, sprint is exercising false advertising.

False advertising usually leads to lawsuits, except for Sprint because in your 2 year contract to sign up, you waive your rights as a consumer to get what you pay for.

It's pretty sad when a company as big as Sprint can advertise these claims, not deliver on it, without any consequences.

Here is the link: sprintpcs.com/common/popups/popLegalTermsPrivacy.html

"No Trial By Jury
    TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OR OTHER PROCEEDING."
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Oh c'mon. I provide a reply to your post thinking there will be a good discussion.

Don't be a ****, even if you are bated.
    That was intended for Rudementry.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i smell a f a n b o y in the room !! i like turtles !
    I have Sprint and love my pre. I feel my posts are valid & lucid. Just wanted to give a heads up on 4g, tread carefully.

I pay alot of $$$ for 4g & I expect to get my money's worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4gtester View Post
    I have Sprint and love my pre. I feel my posts are valid & lucid. Just wanted to give a heads up on 4g, tread carefully.

I pay alot of $$$ for 4g & I expect to get my money's worth.
    To be fair, it's not Sprint's network. Clearwire is a separate company and their primary shareholder is sprint, but they are also in partnerships with cable, so there is no way they are going offer a service that competes with cable modem service...
  12.    #12  
    I know 4g runs completely separate from the 3g sprint network.

The moment I bring valid points about the 4g service, all the f a n b o y s start pouring in to issue insults. It's pathetic.
    so tell us just how long have you been on this 4g and how many payments have you made and just exactly what r you testing . considering its a new tech. and its not up everywhere and its basically beta . shouldnt you have expected all this stuff from the service . i know i would have expected it like i expected the trial and growth of the palm pre so whatever dude. there was no insult thrown execpt your ranting as far as i can tell . have a wonderful time with your 4g service . i will wait until your done testing and see ifits any better . because it takes time to prefect anything when its brand new lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    well it is my understanding that is how it is now with data cards only that data usage on phones and smartphones is still unlimited, so if that is how it will be when 4g rolls out nationwide then I can understand that. Sprint will have to cap data cards to keep people from limewire'ing us to death lol. Now if they start capping phone usage that will suck, hopefully that's not what's going to happen and it'll be a smooth transition of course if they need to hurry up with a 4g WebOs phone too
    Quote Originally Posted by psvillars View Post
    well it is my understanding that is how it is now with data cards only that data usage on phones and smartphones is still unlimited, so if that is how it will be when 4g rolls out nationwide then I can understand that. Sprint will have to cap data cards to keep people from limewire'ing us to death lol. Now if they start capping phone usage that will suck, hopefully that's not what's going to happen and it'll be a smooth transition of course if they need to hurry up with a 4g WebOs phone too
    they already cap phone usage with data but its with people that abuse it like with tethering mostly .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  16.    #16  
    To answer your question:

I started service when it launched in Baltimore, Sep. 2008

Just reach over your head & grab it. QUOTE" Get 4G Now! Speeds Up To 10 Times Faster Than 3G. Only From Sprint" END QUOTE
    and your just now coming on to a palm pre web site to rant about it now come on man.

and did you catch that with speeds up to 10 times faster ,thats not a promise off those speeds all the time. and how can you accuse them of doing things like slowing speeds down without proof they are doing it purposely. sounds like heresay . anyways if you want people to listen give a detailed description not a rant .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I'd like some numbers please. During your testing have you been throttled when over 5GB?
    I'll be asking some people about this and see if I can get any hard data.

I get annoyed when people say the Wimax service is still in beta or still being tested. It's been rolled out in hundreds of markets nationwide and it's marketed pretty heavily by Sprint.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    I'd like some numbers please. During your testing have you been throttled when over 5GB?
    I'll be asking some people about this and see if I can get any hard data.

I get annoyed when people say the Wimax service is still in beta or still being tested. It's been rolled out in hundreds of markets nationwide and it's marketed pretty heavily by Sprint.
    Yoshk is right. It's in production service. Though baltimore was one of the first markets deployed, and most of my friends in the business say it was botched in terms of design and backhaul. The later markets are supposedly engineered better.
  20.    #20  
    update: attached some #'s from speedtest.net & pingtest.net
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast