webOS Nation Forums >  Carrier Discussion >  North American Carriers (CDMA) > Spending limit program charge!!!
Spending limit program charge!!!
  Closed Thread

Old 02/10/2010, 03:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hey has anyone checked their latest sprint bill , sprint is now charging $5 for having a spending limit account.Mind u guys this charge has been added and effective on jan 10, 2010 so all of u pre and pixi owners will be CHARGED.I think this is some <hooey> because sprint is trying to get by and charge everyone some ridiculous fee for having a spending limit which u do not have an option to have or not.I got my pre in december before jan 10 and no where on my contract states that i would be charged 5 bucks a month.So i called up sprint asking about the NEW charge and the only option was for me to either sign up for auto pay which i don't want to do or I can cancel my service with no early termination fee (sounds fishy).So i am asking for u guys to raise hell on some <hooey> because sprint isn't even in the position to be adding sneaky fees.The rep i was on the phone with told me that it was some kind of fee to have lower deposit fees i didn't even need a deposit when i signed on ,she stated that if i paid my bill on time for 18 months straight that i would no longer be charged.It gets more interesting because if it some kind of deposit fee and i pay it on time why wont i be REFUNDED my money???I want to start a petition but i don't, but if sprint cant waive this stupid i have no choice............Voice your opinion and let me now what u guys think

Last edited by pogeypre; 02/11/2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02/10/2010, 03:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frk106 View Post
Hey has anyone checked their latest sprint bill , sprint is now charging $5 for having a spending limit account.
This has been discussed ad nauseum in the threads about getting out of your Sprint contract free in January.

Oh, and not all of us have a spending limit applied.
Old 02/10/2010, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

I know exactly what thread your talking about the fee which u are referring to is sprint adding .40 cents to there regulatory whatever this is new
Old 02/10/2010, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Dude, if you're that upset you can try to use this to get out of your contract. This has been done before, so don't take no for an answer and you may get some satisfaction.
Old 02/10/2010, 03:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

no they are both part of the same movement by sprint and its their right to charge whatever they want if you dont like it pay your etf and go somewhere else
Old 02/10/2010, 03:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
Dude, if you're that upset you can try to use this to get out of your contract. This has been done before, so don't take no for an answer and you may get some satisfaction.
no it wont get you out of a contract anymore if you tried like a month ago it wouldve but not now
Old 02/10/2010, 03:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
no it wont get you out of a contract anymore if you tried like a month ago it wouldve but not now
Actually, they give you 30 days from the date of the change, so in effect, today (2/10/10) should be the last day to cancel your contract without on ETF because of this.
Old 02/10/2010, 03:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

um dude i dont want out of my contract i love my pre but im not going to be paying some <hooey> charge and they gave me the option to walk out of my contract without a fee but i don't want to i WANT MY PHONE.

Last edited by pogeypre; 02/11/2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02/10/2010, 03:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
um dude i dont want out of my contract i love my pre but im not going to be paying some bull**** charge and they gave me the option to walk out of my contract without a fee but i don't want to i WANT MY PHONE.
then stop complaining
Old 02/10/2010, 03:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

actually if u read your subscriber agreement you would know they can't charge u whatever they want it's not what u signed on for when u chose sprint as your carrier im looking at my contract right now and none of this is on there last time i checked you honor your contract right or wrong
Old 02/10/2010, 03:34 PM   #11 (permalink)

thats why for a while you could get out of your contract but you didnt so you cant
Old 02/10/2010, 03:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

did u take time to read the post i clearly stated they are giving me the option to use auto pay or i can opt out of my contract without the etf
Old 02/10/2010, 03:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

they will probably let you use auto pay
Old 02/10/2010, 03:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

problem is i don't want auto pay this i've had sprint for a minute and never would they charge u for account spending limit which i didn't even have the option of having or not its a whole bunch of bs
Old 02/10/2010, 05:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

Yea I have the same problem. I've been with sprint/nextel for over 4 years. Somehow now that my credit it better than it was before now they decide to hit me with this mess. I called them up and used the fee increase to $.40 to go month to month and be able to cancel my contract with no etf. Now to find a comparable deal elsewhere...
Old 02/10/2010, 05:54 PM   #16 (permalink)

Though it sucks Sprint does have the right to change the fees and allow you to accept them or leave. It's no different than my cable company who recently raised their rates.

The only company that's rates are even close to comparable is T-Mo. If they have good coverage where you live that might be an option.
Old 02/10/2010, 06:06 PM   #17 (permalink)

Whoa!! The thread you are referring to also included the fact that Sprint was going to add a per line charge for accounts that had an ASL (Account Spending Limit) on them. (Not all Pre and Pixi owners have ASL accounts - I have a Pre and don't). Since you are obviously a Sprint customer (as I am), you should have received a letter in November (which I did) explaining the increase in all the charges, and that you had the right terminate your contract without an ETF. I admit the letter looks like a bulk mailing piece of junk mail, but it was sent out none the less.

So you have a few options.

1) Pay the additional charge per month;
2) Work with Sprint so that you can have the ASL taken off your account;
3) Cancel your account without the ETF, and move to another carrier.

Whatever you do, it's your choice.

But one thing to remember is that you're not going to get a groundswell of support for your response to the increase, especially since it doesn't affect the majority of users. It has been discussed, as you were told, ad nauseum, in this forum, as well as in PreCentral and Crackberry. It's just a simple fact of life that 1) Sprint can do whatever they want to with regards to your rates, and 2) if it changes your contract terms, you either suck it up and live with it, or move on down the line.

Quote:
I know exactly what thread your talking about the fee which u are referring to is sprint adding .40 cents to there regulatory whatever this is new

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
Old 02/10/2010, 06:11 PM   #18 (permalink)

But if Sprint changes the contract, which they can do, you can opt out of that contract without any penalties. It's business, pure and simple. Go back and reread the thread about it, and you'll see that it was discussed to the nth degree.

Quote:
actually if u read your subscriber agreement you would know they can't charge u whatever they want it's not what u signed on for when u chose sprint as your carrier im looking at my contract right now and none of this is on there last time i checked you honor your contract right or wrong

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
Old 02/10/2010, 07:20 PM   #19 (permalink)

How long have you been with sprint? If you pay your bills on time for the 18 months it will get taken right off. Also.. all companies do this.. Prices go up as the price of doing business goes up... The thing about this charge is that IT CAN BE TAKEN OFF.. the regulatory charge for non ASL account holders can not.
Old 02/11/2010, 11:19 AM   #20 (permalink)

I had sprint since december I haven't had the phone for two months yet, when I purchased my plan I didn't even need a deposit. Who determines whether or not you need a spending limit account? The main issue the really bothers me is when the rep told me if I pay my bill on time for 18 months I wouldn't be charged 5 dollars every month, but then why isn't it refundable if it's supposedly some kind of deposit.

Last edited by pogeypre; 02/11/2010 at 01:28 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
palm, palm pre, pixi, pre, sprint

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0