1.    #1  
    It is possible to use a Sprint Palm Pre on a Verizon network?

Edit:

I should add that the phone is not under contract, so ESN swapping isn't an issue.
    maybe maybe not ? thats a good question lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Technically yes, it would work. Getting Verizon to activate it on their network is another story.

But why would you want to use a Sprint phone on the Verizon network and pay more for the same service?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Does anybody know how to get this to work? I wouldn't mind moving to Verizon with my Sprint Pre and not having to sign up for a contract at the moment. I could then wait for the next generation WebOS phone and then sign up for a contract with that phone.
    It has been discussed in the other forums for years. Sprint will not activate a Verizon phone on their network, and vice versa. The way they can tell which vendors phone is which is the ESN number of the phone, so whether it is a good or bad ESN is not relevant. It may be technically possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath trying to make it happen.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the advice. And the ESN is hardcoded to the device, correct?
    Yup, very hard coded. It is possible to change it, but what would you change it to? Every provider has a list of their phones

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."