1.    #1  
    Good thing Verizon is getting the new Pre and Pixi. But this makes one wonder how long they'll be around:

Verizon to cut 13,000 jobs, posts fourth-quarter loss - Jan. 26, 2010
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    didn't I read like 2 months ago that vodafone was complaining because verizon hadn't paid dividends in like 8 years or something? It's late and I could be wrong, I often am.
    That article is related to Verizon Communications (wireline services). Verizon Wireless hasn't announced any cuts ... though I suppose they aren't out of the question.
  4.    #4  
    Verizon Communications comprises both wired and wireless divisions. The article states that these layoffs come after a previous layoff of 17,000 in both of those divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by mike2128 View Post
    That article is related to Verizon Communications (wireline services). Verizon Wireless hasn't announced any cuts ... though I suppose they aren't out of the question.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Finally, some bad news on Verizon.

They should sell that Wireline business to Qwest.

Go Sprint, go team USA!
    Cutting # of employees often INCREASES a companys stock price ...
    Look forward to more automated menus ...