1.    #1  
    Well... to start off, I've been on a cheap plan for a long time now. Basically it's the $29.99 200 min. plan, but since I have perks I only pay $32 out the door. I don't use talk time since I've become a txting ***** and got that free unlimited.

The problem starts because I need to get mobile internet soon. I can cave and activate my Pre and pay $70 + fake taxes or I can go try Metro PCS which is $40 for everything unlimited and no contract. I'm not sure what direction I should head. Are there any other alternatives I've missed? Thanks
    I get nervous when people say unlimited web as opposed to unlimited Data (As Metro does) I'll be honest I know almost nothing about Metro PCS but unlimited web usually is short for mobile browsing which isn't like browsing on the Pre at all. If I were you I'd check it out in a little more detail. Personally I say activate the Pre and enjoy, but if Metro offers what you need at a price you like then shoot son do it
  3.    #3  
    Actually, I hadn't thought of that but I was also told that once I get out of my area I'm screwed for coverage. I also, don't know what kind of phone they have for internet browsing as well as being able to tether.

So far it's looking like everyone's saying bite the bullet and go with Sprint. I know I'll use the hell out of it and I'll be happy about having it. I'll just won't when I get the bill each month.

Anyway, thanks for the info.
    Considering what you get for the price, Sprint is still the least expensive of the big 4 so keep that in mind too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    Actually, I hadn't thought of that but I was also told that once I get out of my area I'm screwed for coverage. I also, don't know what kind of phone they have for internet browsing as well as being able to tether.

So far it's looking like everyone's saying bite the bullet and go with Sprint. I know I'll use the hell out of it and I'll be happy about having it. I'll just won't when I get the bill each month.

Anyway, thanks for the info.
    You pretty much are. Granted MetroPCS' coverage area is expanding, but it'll be nowhere near the size of any of the major carriers. And you should check to see if you can get a corporate discount. There's also EPRP plans available from Sprint, and those are usually cheaper as well. Depending on your corporate discount though, the normal plans+discount usually work out to be cheaper.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah, I just don't know if I can justify $70+ a month not that any other option is cheaper... I know I won't get my money's worth in calls.

Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    And you should check to see if you can get a corporate discount. There's also EPRP plans available from Sprint, and those are usually cheaper as well. Depending on your corporate discount though, the normal plans+discount usually work out to be cheaper.
    Oh, good idea. It's for work but they aren't providing it though. It's for my sanity because there will be a lot of down time on the job.
    I understand, I rarely use up all of my minutes but when they're unlimited (Ala Sprint's Simply Everything plan) it doesn't even really matter. The unlimited everything else makes up for paying for unused minutes IMHO, besides you could go through AT&T and get charged twice as much for the pleasure of adding last months minutes that you didn't use to the ones this month that you probably won't use

I got a corporate discount for my personal phone, some employers offer it. Certainly worth looking into.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    I understand, I rarely use up all of my minutes but when they're unlimited (Ala Sprint's Simply Everything plan) it doesn't even really matter. The unlimited everything else makes up for paying for unused minutes IMHO, besides you could go through AT&T and get charged twice as much for the pleasure of adding last months minutes that you didn't use to the ones this month that you probably won't use

I got a corporate discount for my personal phone, some employers offer it. Certainly worth looking into.
    Yeah, is the "data" part really "unlimited"? Can I activate now online and then try to get the corporate discount or should I call or should I go to a Sprint store?

Again, thanks for the help.
    As far as I know unlimited means unlimited, I've heard about a cap being in place but I've never reached it (Lord knows I've tried lol) You can order and sign up online and have the corporate discount added later, that's what I did, however I'd really recommend going to an actual sprint store.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    You can order and sign up online and have the corporate discount added later, that's what I did, however I'd really recommend going to an actual sprint store.
    You didn't have to bargain with them or have to threaten to leave to get the discount? lol I feel like I have to have something to make them want to keep me especially if I'm gonna be throwing a lot more money at them.
    My discount was from a previous employer. I'd check with yours first to see if they have any kind of discount through sprint, if they do you can usually get it for your personal phone with no hassle, although you may have to have a confirmation code or something similar from your employer before they add it to your account.
  12.    #12  
    Hmm.. ok, I've never done this before but I doubt they have any kind of corporate discounts. They do however have work cells that stay at the site that are from Verizon. I may have to just get them to add my 10% of each mo. like I have on my plan now.