Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I have had a Sprint Pre since launce, and it's had tons of problems. Namely, a loose battery, oreo effect, and random shutoffs. I've taken my phone to get a replacement, but they refuse to replace it because the issues can't be reproduced at will (shutoffs). So I'm fed up with my terrible quality phone, I have the $7 a month Sprint insurance, how much would it cost to have my Pre have an ''accident'' and get it replaced? What would be the cheapest way of doing this?
    $100
    Instead of having an accident with your phone, just place it somewhere on the couch where it might get lost. If it does get lost, then contact the insurance carrier and indicate that your phone is missing, presumably lost or stolen. You will then have to pay a $100 deductible (and your old phone will be put on a list of phones that should not be reactivated - in the event that you ever find that phone).

EDIT: I must be getting tired. - I just thought about this and you shouldn't be required to use insurance for something like this. Go to a few more stores and try again. If you have a loose oreo that's causing your phone not to work, it's Sprint/Palms warranty problem and not an insurance problem for you.
    Last edited by sudoer; 01/24/2010 at 11:22 PM.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    They wont replace for oreo effect?
    Quote Originally Posted by gvndeb60 View Post
    They wont replace for oreo effect?
    I've seen reports of people getting replaced if loose. I've also heard of people attempting to replace only to get worse phones. My guidance to people is that a little bit of oreo might best be tolerated if the phone is perfect in every other way. If the slider feels loose though, I'd demand replacement as it will probably get even looser over time. If you have a new phone, open and close the slider about 1000 times before around 20 days, and then ask for a replacement if/when the phone feels too loose. Tell them you'll switch to Verizon and not have to deal with slider problems if they aren't willing to replace it.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    you can also try local or outsourced repair shops rather than going into an actual sprint store.these repair shops don't care what condition ur phone is in...basically if ur phone has ANY of the above mentioned problems they will send it to palm for a replacement. I actually had to have my pre replaced because screen stop working after I had 2 webos doc it! I walkedinto my only local sprint store & said give me a new phone,the screen doesn't work!....they said what happened I said I used webDoc to fix it & they actually said quote,"webos doc is 3rd party & voids manfc. Warrenty."......***!?!!?!?!?! I looked at the guy & said webDoc is from palm...he stared @ me....I said peace out & went to a local repair shop 30mins later they said my new phone will be here in 2days!!! Sweet, but sorry, DO NOT GO TO LANCASTER,CA Sprint store...they do nothing for help & are friggin stupid!!!!
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    many stores will not swap for the "oreo" effect at all. My store included and as a 6 month pre owner I agree with the policy. It in no way effects the functionality of the phone.
    talked to sprint last night for similar issue, (be polite lol) and told them what's goin on with mine. They transferred me to second level tech support and did an advanced replacement. Sending me a new pre and packaging to send mine in. Done. Just emphasize the issues. Sprint has an equipment contract and will hold up there end. If your phone is defective, don't listen to some putz @ the store, ask to speak to the manager and if he doesn't help with a warranty replacement your next call is sprint and make them aware. People need to be held accountable for their actions.
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Thanks for the answers guys, I'll try again with some other stores.