1.    #1  
    Two days ago the GPS on my Pre seemed to get stuck on old coordinates from the night before, then after a reboot wouldn't get any coordinates at all. Google maps wouldn't bring up the blue dot and dialling ##GPS# then tapping Get Fix would just show an error. It fixed itself the next day but last night and this morning it's at it again. I'm wondering if it's a server problem on Bell's end with the ephemeris data or if my Pre's just gone wonky. Anyone else on Bell having similar issues this weekend?
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Do not use the GPS that often, but it is working right now. (B.C.)

Mike
    Last edited by msilverton; 01/24/2010 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Naming location
    I'm having the same problem in Edmonton, though mine hasn't come back to working in almost a day! Not sure what the issue is...
    same problem here in New Brunswick. Now I know it's Bell for sure
    Last edited by BrainFade; 01/25/2010 at 04:22 AM.
    Some people are like a Slinky...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs
  5.    #5  
    Yeah, texted my friend with a Blackberry on Bell and he had the issue too. He texted two more friends with Blackberries, one on Bell CDMA and the other on the new GSM network, and the CDMA wasn't working while the GSM was. Regardless, seems to be back up now. I'm just glad to know it wasn't my Pre...

Edit: Make that sort of working, accuracy is 800m with 0 altitude, probably just picking the nearest cell tower. I am indoors but usually it still works in here.
    Last edited by ktessner; 01/24/2010 at 08:45 PM.

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
  6. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Just tried and it seems to be working for me (north of Toronto)
    still acting wonky here in NB
    Some people are like a Slinky...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs
    Quote Originally Posted by interupt View Post
    I'm having the same problem in Edmonton, though mine hasn't come back to working in almost a day! Not sure what the issue is...
    I'm also in Edmonton, and have been having issues with it on and off for a copule weeks. It won't work for a while, then an hour or 2 later and it's working fine.
  9. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I don't get an error now, but the fix is all zeroes, I'm inside though so I should probably try it outside.

Couple this with the 12+ hour outage I had with Rogers yesterday, and it's been a stellar Canadian technology weekend.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
  10.    #10  
    Still seems to be wonky today so I took matters into my own hands...

I followed the instructions here to find my MSL, then the instructions in this thread to change the GPS options for stand-alone operation only (uncheck Assistance-Spherical, Assistance-Cartesian, AFLT and GPS/AFLT Hybrid; check GPS Almanac, GPS Ephemeris, GPS Almanac Correction and Autonomous). For my Bell Pre on WebOS 1.3.5 I had to follow these instructions to tweak the diagnostic driver so it would install, and my MSL was found straddling the two rows at memory addresses 0x00A642C0, 0x00A642D0.

Not for the faint of heart and the Time-To-First-Fix (TTFF) is slow, but it makes your GPS work again while Bell gets this sorted out.

Huge thanks to Ebag333, rudedog830, and derossi for their contributions to the WebOS community!

Ya that seems a little to much for me. I can't believe Bell is having problems with this. My Sprint nav won't work nor will my gps Dashboard. Getting a little agitated to be honest. Maybe Ill call them. (Ontario)
    GPS working fine here...Kitchener, ON
    Just called Bell. The guy on the phone did not have a solution nor did he confirm that this is a widespread problem (Said i was one of the first people to call with the issue). He then escalated the problem. ##gps# gives an error. Ugh, I hate Bell
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I'll add myself to the list of Bell Mobility users in Ontario whose GPS doesn't work.

Mods, this thread should be consolidated with this one which covers the same topic:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-gps-work.html