1.    #1  
    I am on Verizon now and bought a family plan wife and I both got bb's a tour and curve back in May/Juneish. So could I switch to a pre and pixi wth the bogo and what is it going to cost me if I am not in the upgrade period? Is it cheaper to terminate your contract and resign up?
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Your best bet is probably to wait a couple months and you will be able to get them on ebay far cheaper than full price from Verizon. Then you can sell your BBs and get some of the $ back.

Otherwise you will be buying 2 phones at full price or paying 2 ETFs.
    Quote Originally Posted by tritan View Post
    So could I switch to a pre and pixi wth the bogo
    sure.

and what is it going to cost me if I am not in the upgrade period?
    about a thousand dollars, give or take.

Is it cheaper to terminate your contract and resign up?
    after all is said and done and you receive your rebates, yes, but you're still looking at 450 dollars up front for the phones plus your ETF fee and you'll lose your numbers.

EDIT: also, you can wait until your 12 months is up and go the early upgrade route. but i know how long that 6 month wait can feel.
    as kd0axs stated, its best to just buy them from eBay or wherever you can w/o a contract and just use it with your current Verizon contract.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Several folks at a couple of Verizon forums I sometimes read have mentioned having success in the past with getting one-year upgrade pricing for new devices, even when they've only been a few months into their contract.

If you're happy with your BlackBerry devices, then why not stick with BlackBerry for now?

If you're not happy, if you're on a profitable (for Verizon) rate plan, and if you've always paid your bill on time, it probably wouldn't hurt to give Verizon a call on Monday. The worst you're going to hear is "no," although, as I mentioned, other folks in the past have had success going this route. Good luck if you decide to give it a try.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by justen View Post
    Several folks at a couple of Verizon forums I sometimes read have mentioned having success in the past with getting one-year upgrade pricing for new devices, even when they've only been a few months into their contract.

If you're happy with your BlackBerry devices, then why not stick with BlackBerry for now?

If you're not happy, if you're on a profitable (for Verizon) rate plan, and if you've always paid your bill on time, it probably wouldn't hurt to give Verizon a call on Monday. The worst you're going to hear is "no," although, as I mentioned, other folks in the past have had success going this route. Good luck if you decide to give it a try.

My blackberries are good on battery and email and that is about it. Most of the apps suck all 30 of them.
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!