Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I'm wondering if it would be practical to use the new Verizon "Hot Spot" capabilty on a short-term basis. It would be great when I travel every 2-3 months to use this capability, but I do not want to pay $40/mo all the timel.

Does anybody know how Verizon deals with billing these options when you tun them on and off. I have a funny feeling that I will be billed for at least a month if I activate the Hot Spot option.
    Knowing Verizon, you will be billed for a month at a time. However, I can almost guarantee there will be a free homebrew tethering solution
    i looked a little bit in between COD matches and I couldn't find anything concrete, but I know they offer a 24 hour usage for their Navigator.

i do know that it will be something that you can add and remove at will, but I can't guarantee a day to day usage fee.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I suspect there will only be the $40 option, which you would be able to add or remove at will. You're likely to end up with a confusing bill given the pro rata adjustments if you do it more than a time or two. We'll no for sure by Monday, though, at the latest.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Even if this only worked in monthly increments that would be fine. The service would easily pay for itself if I use it for 3 or more days while traveling or at a conference or something.

It would be a steal if the bill could be pro-rated on something like a daily basis.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    The rep at the Verizon store told me yesterday that the rate can be pro-rated -- but so is the data cap. So, if you use a lot of data you could pay more for the pro-rated fee. Seems like a good deal to me.