Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I bought my pre about 3 weeks ago, so I still have time to return it, so the question is, should I? There are so many rumors of a CDMA iPhone, HTC WiMax Android device, pre2, and more coming to Sprint. Here are my questions simplified:

1. Should I keep my Sprint pre?
    2. If not, when will there be more phones on Sprint? When is the HTC WiMax phone coming?
    3. Sprint iPhone? Or no?
    There aren't going to be any 4g phones on Sprint until 2011.

We'll probably get an updated Pre or Pre2 around summer.

There have been rumors of iphone coming to Sprint.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post

what about the htc wimax phone? Isn't that coming in 2010?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    All of those phones are at least 6 months away. The HTC Supersonic (Android, Wimax) will not be till late 2010. Plus the iPhone thing is still just a rumor.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    There are new HTC android phones comin in April (per my friend who is a Sprint associate) so if you want android lose the pre and wait till April. He said if you want a great smartphone now get the Pre. Pre2 may come in the summer, but that's quite a ways a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post

The iPhone is not coming to Sprint. Apple is not a big fan of CDMA, but VZ will likely get the iPhone when the iPhone does LTE. Of course, Sprint isn't building an LTE network, so even then iPhone won't be on Sprint.

In any case, with WebOS on the march and Android breathing down Apple's back, not having the iPhone will not be nearly as toxic as it used to be...
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    You should have bought it a few months ago, but thats OK.

There is nothing new coming to sprint for another 5 months or so.
    HTC supersonic looks perfect. Rumors say so anyway. Also saying it could be announced next week.
    Is there any confirmation to the Pre2? That is the only phone listed that I am interested in coming to Sprint. I have not yet purchased my Pre, and may wait if I know I can get a better phone with just a few months' wait. (Then again, I am sure I will love my Pre just as much as people will love whatever is coming..)
    There are definitely new phones dropping on Sprint in April. Whether that is more Android, or more dumb phones, I do not know. In fact, no one knows. Even the business rep that gave me release dates for other things has no idea.

Funny thing is that this April timeframe also corresponds with the Iphone rumor I heard from a friend that personally tested the iPad prior to launch, saying that the Iphone would move elsewhere in April. So I guess, we'll see.

The Pre (with 1.4) will be a great phone to keep, IMO.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Ok, I guess that is what I needed. Looks like I will be grabbing it later this week then!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Just bought a Pre from ebay. Can't wait to get it. I'm eligible for an upgrade in April but wanted to keep that open for the next big thing maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by erikmarcus View Post
    I bought my pre about 3 weeks ago, so I still have time to return it, so the question is, should I? There are so many rumors of a CDMA iPhone, HTC WiMax Android device, pre2, and more coming to Sprint. Here are my questions simplified:

1. Should I keep my Sprint pre?
    2. If not, when will there be more phones on Sprint? When is the HTC WiMax phone coming?
    3. Sprint iPhone? Or no?
    If you like WebOS I would say yes, keep it. The hardware seems to be somewhat improved compared to launch day Pre's and if you get WebOS, why would you want an iPhone?
    Last edited by vza33; 02/20/2010 at 08:22 PM.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    The Iphone will be @ Verizon in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2010. The race is basically over folks, Verizon & Att are the driving force in the mobile phone market. All others Sprint, T-Mobile, Metro PCS, are second tier providers. People have been leaving Sprint in droves, check there stock price the last three years. That pretty much says it all in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by erikmarcus View Post
    what about the htc wimax phone? Isn't that coming in 2010?
    yes, i love my pre but if i was you i return it and wait for ether the htc supersonic or palm pre 2, hopefuly it will be pre 2.