1.    #1  
    First of all, I didn't really know what to put this. No one in the CDMA forum could answer this in the thread I posted in.

When canceling because of sprint breaking the terms of agreement (the increase in $), do we have to pay money or give them our pre? Since we signed a new 2 year agreement last june in order to get the pre for $200, do we have to pay the difference to equal full retail price of the pre or return the pre to sprint since the contract is broken (even though Sprint broke the contract)?

Thanks!
    no you dont.

its yours to keep.
    i have a touch pro 2 like this i just got in NOV
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangmelish View Post
    First of all, I didn't really know what to put this. No one in the CDMA forum could answer this in the thread I posted in.

When canceling because of sprint breaking the terms of agreement (the increase in $), do we have to pay money or give them our pre? Since we signed a new 2 year agreement last june in order to get the pre for $200, do we have to pay the difference to equal full retail price of the pre or return the pre to sprint since the contract is broken (even though Sprint broke the contract)?

Thanks!
    yes you do ... If the following conditions are met:

a) you got the phone from a "local retailer" (not sprint direct)
    and
    b) it has not been a complete 6 months since you upgraded

if both these condtions are not met.. Than sprint will not charge you for the diff
    if Both are met sprint will not charge you BUT your local retailer WILL
    I believe the only way you do not have to pay the difference of your pre is if you are in my situation where you have recently bought the pre and it has not past 30 days. This is what I was told from my sprint representative. I plan on returning my pre and switching to Verizon to get the plus because sprint's reception sucks where I am at and their customer service blows as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by JERAVICIOUS View Post
    I believe the only way you do not have to pay the difference of your pre is if you are in my situation where you have recently bought the pre and it has not past 30 days. This is what I was told from my sprint representative. I plan on returning my pre and switching to Verizon to get the plus because sprint's reception sucks where I am at and their customer service blows as well.
    uhhh no. if you read right he is looking to get out of his contract for free because sprint broke contract terms with their recent increase of regulatory fees. sooooo you $200 etf is waived and you do not have to return the device or owe any money IF you get sprint to mark contract as fulfilled this way.

i just got a tp2 in november and a rumor 2 for my mom in october so those are pretty new 2 year contracts. Got my contracts marked as fullfilled the begining of this month for FREE and both phones are our to keep and i can port out from sprint anytime i want, no charges
  6. SAO
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    so basically I did just this last night. I called Sprint and told them I took issue with the extra fees being added to my account, and I told them that due to my hours being scaled back at work and being in charge of my other financial responsibilities around the house that I didn't know if I would be able to pay my bill every month. The rep suggested I enroll in AutoPay and I told her that wasn't an option as I didn't always know if I would have the money available on the date that Sprint withdrawls the amount due, and that I didn't want to get dinged twice, once by Sprint for the money not being there and second by my bank for the money not being there.. So the rep says "Well just put 100 aside before your bill is due and it won't be an issue".

At that point I was already thinking that perhaps Sprint really didn't give a damn. So the rep goes on a speel about how Sprint is less than Verizon...At&T and TMo, I agree with her and tell her I like Sprint and want to stay with thembut that these extra fees are making it difficult, especially when I can just jump to a regional carrier like MetroPCS and pay 40 less a month.

So the rep won't budge and finally I say to cancel my contract. There were no offers of enticement to stay made, no special deals or percentages off, just an "OK" and a staement that the ETF was now waived and my service would end on 02/09/10.

I asked the rep if my work situation improves could I come back to Sprint. She said Yes, if I come back within 45 days then I would just resume my contract but have to repay a deposit. If after 45 days I would need to pay another deposit and sign a 2 year contract over again. I said Ok, thanks. So she confirmed the account was cancelled sans ETF and went into a dialogue about a survey.

So all that bring me to this: I plan on porting my number out today to MetroPCs, because I need a phone for work, no two ways about it. Will Sprint hit me with a fee for porting before the 9th of Feb? I also have a balance due of $78 and change and a deposit of $150 so on the 9th does Sprint automatically take their $ from that deposit and send me the difference or do they give me a window to pay the amount due, and then issue my deposit back? And lastly, I am almost certain that my work will pick up (thieves are everywhere) again soon, so when and if I go back to Sprint and after paying the deposit then would I qualify for new member pricing again?

TIA to anyone with answers. And sorry for the long read.

PS: I plan on keeping my Pre, can I still update it via WiFi without Sprint service or how? This is assuming the new update isn't available by the 9th.
    If you sign a new 2 year contract then you should get the New Member pricing.

Yes, you can still use wifi to update even if you don't have Sprint service. However, if you mess something up and need to Doctor you're phone, you will have to modify WebOS Doctor via Linux Terminal to bypass the activation screen. I've modded a Doctor to do this and it works great. You'll have to edit it yourself though since we aren't allowed to share modded Doctors on Precentral.