1.    #1  
    With less than a week to go until the Palm Pre Plus and Pixi Plus are available on Verizon, I haven't seen any ads from Verizon. Does anyone here think that Verizon is going to even make any push in trying to sell these Palm phones? Also, why hasn't Palm done any new ads to get people thinking about the phone before the release on Verizon? With so many hopes that Palm being successful on Verizon would mean that we all could expect better things from Palm in the future, is anyone else concerned about this lack of trying to get market mindshare?
    Did a search on the Verizon Wireless site. Came up with all kinds of accessories, ie, holsters, touchstone, cords...so I know it's eminent.
    they've started radio ads in Detroit. Hear a couple everyday driving to and from work.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I started hearing ad's in the Houston market this weekend.
  5.    #5  
    Well that's good to hear. I hope there is a big push this weekend during the NFL playoffs.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Well... the NFL is Sprint's thing, so I'm not sure how much that will impact Verizon's advertising.
    I remember the original storm getting pumped way before it came out. They pushed the Droid way before it came out. It concerns me that they aren't pushing palm. I think Palm really needs the Verizon launch to be successful for the longterm success of the company.
    Link to an email I received (from Palm) on January 7, 2010, announcing the Palm Pre Plus & Pixi Plus release date of January 25, 2010:

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/q...almprepixi.jpg

Introducing the PalmŪ Pre™ Plus and Palm Pixi™ Plus phones, available January 25 on Verizon Wireless.

Palm Pre Plus features a refined design and double the memory. Palm Pixi Plus is still incredibly thin and lightweight, but now includes Wi-Fi. Whichever you prefer, both are amazingly powerful yet simple to use, making it easy and fun to stay connected and ahead.1

And you can run your favorite apps—like FacebookŪ, Pandora, and Yelp—on Pre Plus and Pixi Plus. With over 1000 apps available and more added each week, chances are you’ll find the ones you want.
    Newspaper ads? How many twenty to thiry something people read newspapers these days?

Another thing, if Big Red was really pushing the phone you would think they would have something on their website, I mean you have to do a search just to find a page that ask's for your email address.
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 01/22/2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: add sentence