Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Personally, I don't think that Verizon wants the iPhone. Android has surpassed iPhone sales, and VZ wants to be synonymous with Android the way AT&T is synonymous with iPhone. VZ wins in several ways. They don't have to submit to Apple's demands, they don't get their network screwed up with the network abusive iPhone traffic (currently 60% of AT&T's traffic is from iPhones, no wonder their network has problems). And they can tie themselves to one of the few companies with the resources to take on Apple (Google).

Meanwhile, Apple can threaten AT&T with loss of exclusivity and demand as much as they want. Apple doesn't have to build a CDMA phone, because both Verizon and AT&T are moving directly to LTE in about 18 months.

I don't think Sprint has the clout to be a dominant partner to either Apple or Google. Unless they can do the same thing with Windows Phone7, Palm is their best shot at creating something more than a low cost alternative to VZ.

AT&T claims their deal with Apple runs in to 2012, which lines up with LTE plans and the scenario I've outlined above. I really think the battle lines have been drawn for the next 18 months. AT&T/Apple vs VZ/Google. Everybody else is playing in the consolation bracket. Sad, but true.

Apple has already sold 2 million iPads. They have bigger fish to fry than Sprint, but they have to keep the possibility around to keep AT&T in line. IMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Meanwhile, Apple can threaten AT&T with loss of exclusivity and demand as much as they want. Apple doesn't have to build a CDMA phone, because both Verizon and AT&T are moving directly to LTE in about 18 months.
    You know, that threatening reminds me of this quote from Pirates of Silicon Valley:

"Steve Jobs: What is this? This is like doing business with a praying mantis. You get seduced, and then eaten alive afterwards?"
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    If I was Sprint, I'd sell Dan Hesse's soul to get the iPhone.
    It'd be a great way to steal customers from BOTH ATT and VZW.
    Sprint could use it as an example of how much they've improved their network and customer service. Their everything plans at $70 would be a steal with the iPhone.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Well, so much for April and May.
    Perhaps June or July?
    LOL. Rub it in.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12