Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I don't think anyone is intending any insults, but most of the country has been on 10 digit dialing for almost 20 years.

i guess i really just don't understand why it ended up being phone specific to my situation.
    i live in dc and we have as long as i can remember dialed all 10 digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I don't think anyone is intending any insults, but most of the country has been on 10 digit dialing for almost 20 years. It started when many areas (like mine) ran out of numbers for the area code we had, and instead of dividing up the area, they overlayed the new area code over the other. So it was possible that I would have 503- area code, and my neighbor next door would have a 971- . That also went along when all phone companies had to upgrade their switching equipment from the old mechanical analog system (read rotary dialing) to the new digital systems (read touch tone dialing). So while using 10 digits for you is a new experience, it is something that the majority of the country has been dealing with for years.

Strangely, Chicago just made it 100% mandatory about a month or so ago. It used to be from within your own area code, you could still just dial the number only. NOW it's mandatory to dial 1+10 digits.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Dialing all 10 digits is as old as not having to dial the number 1 before the area code...
    i live in the south east coast of florida only have to dial area code if calling out of my own area code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12