Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Regardless of the anecdotal opinions of Sprint here, Verizon still rules Glad to see the Pre on Verizon in just over a week
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Verizon + Family plan + Smartphones? No thanks. Props to their coverage, but no thanks.
    total BS
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    total BS
    Why? because Sprint did not win a single category? Head over and read the survey, it's the reality.
    Being a former Verizon customer for 10 years, I cannot tell any difference between Verizon and Sprint where I live (SoCal) except when I scratch the check every month, Sprint's plan is ALOT less money.
    This isn't a contest lol, this is the dumbest Mine is bigger than your thread I have ever seen.
    I used to trash Sprint, why cuz I had it a long time ago and I was with Cingular, who was by far the best carrier. Well Cingular ATT merged they sold off towers and now I think it is the worst. Verizon has been moving along with great coverage but terrible phones and expensive plans. Sprint has leaped forward and really expanded coverage, at least here and the places I visit.

So whatever meet your needs is the best service. Verizon had mediocre coverage here in the OC, it has lousy coverage at my Mountain House. Sprint is cheap and I have great coverage whereever I have gone, and for a cheaper price....
    LA, THE OC, SF, NOLA, PX, NYC, all Hawaii, OK.. No coplaints, go with the carrier that mets your needs.

and don't get all **** size defensive about it. We all are on the same team, Team Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Being a former Verizon customer for 10 years, I cannot tell any difference between Verizon and Sprint where I live (SoCal) except when I scratch the check every month, Sprint's plan is ALOT less money.
    Same here, I have had both and the only difference is the price I pay which is QUITE a bit less with Sprint.

The only reason I would chose Verizon is if I traveled for work and needed 3G in lots of places, for my situation and where I live I get all the 3G I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    Why? because Sprint did not win a single category? Head over and read the survey, it's the reality.
    I don't give a **** if sprint won or not. I had verizon and their costumer service SUCK
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    You always go for Sprint if they have great coverage in your area.
    Why? In general their plans cost MUCH less.

Btw, that survey seems outdated. Sprint's customer service is good... It's gotten to the point where they'll fire employees that suck. I heard that happen at my local Sprint, lol.
    It seems to me a some people had some bad experiences a while back with Sprint and cannot forget them and have told the whole world about them, and then those listeners blindly believed what they were told. And since those folks either dumped or never gave Sprint a chance to do right, they have no clue how good the service is today.

As a simple example, during Hurricane Ike down here north of Houston Sprint, while strained, was the only consistent cell phone working in our area at least and didn't run out of fuel for its tower generators, at least that I noticed.

I have never had any bad experiences with customer service. I am not saying Sprint has never screwed up anything, but they quickly made it right and treated me, at least, right. Verizon on the other hand has- IMHO- an attitude of superiority and until recently (yet to be proved) had outlandishly high prices for not even close to the same service as provided by Sprint. I always have sticker shock when I go in there to look around (yes, I do shop the competition), particularly on family phone/data plans.

Sprint has come a long way (I have been with them for about 10 years) and gets better every day. And with the new high speed internet coming (G4 or something like that), why would anyone change (other than the "need" for maybe an iPhone, which is nice but I prefer the Pre much more) carriers (again, at least for the underlying technology).
    Whatever.

Thankfully, everyone has their own opinion, that's what makes it fun... but I see no need in the near or distant future to change. I just hope they don't get taken over by someone who destroys what is being built.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    verizon *******....

remember these pointless posts from my days on crackberry...
    and dont mension the fact that with unlimited roaming well im on verizon lol
    ĦṔ-ḶÝōṫ-Ŧḯōη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I don't need a survey to tell me anything. I've been with Sprint for about 11 years. At the present, I have no issues with them in regards to pricing or coverage. In fact very satisfied. So for me, I see no reason to spend more money on any other network.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylork View Post

As a simple example, during Hurricane Ike down here north of Houston Sprint, while strained, was the only consistent cell phone working in our area at least and didn't run out of fuel for its tower generators, at least that I noticed.

i didnt have any problem with Verizon service after Ike, and I was actually using my phone quite a bit DURING the Hurricane.

Verizon also waived that month's bill for all of us.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    For all interested here the link to the survey. Zagat Survey

Zagat Wireless Carriers Survey

Here are the results of Zagatís first survey of Wireless Carriers. See how 2,319 wireless consumers rated AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless on the key aspects of their performance

Wow really 2,319 people are you kidding me!!!! Hmm with over what 200 million wireless customer we are basing surveys now on 2,319?

We should all switch to Big Red this survey is spot on!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    For all interested here the link to the survey. Zagat Survey

Zagat Wireless Carriers Survey

Here are the results of Zagatís first survey of Wireless Carriers. See how 2,319 wireless consumers rated AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless on the key aspects of their performance

Wow really 2,319 people are you kidding me!!!! Hmm with over what 200 million wireless customer we are basing surveys now on 2,319?

We should all switch to Big Red this survey is spot on!!!!!!
    lol good point
    Quote Originally Posted by dannydos View Post
    lol good point
    yeah, and if those 2000 survey participants are anything like the crybaby blowhards on this site, well.....
    Don't you get one of those cool red maps floating over your head with Verizon? :-)
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Honestly how many people actually take surveys? Out of those how many are truthful and unbiased? I've only been with two carriers cingular and sprint. no complains with either LOVE sprint though. Only prob I've had with sprint was two *******s in a store that refused to help me yesterday that *2 quickly corrected lol
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    yeah, and if those 2000 survey participants are anything like the crybaby blowhards on this site, well.....
    They were invites from TIPB