1.    #1  
    Has anyone else seen these commercials?? I just saw one for the second time today. At first I thought I didn't read it right, but now I'm pretty sure since I watched pretty intently the second time. I tried to get on the Sprint website and confirm this but couldn't find it anywhere. Can anyone confirm?? That seems like a killer point for me to switch to Sprint. I really love the Pre and would love a Pre Plus, but if I can upgrade my phone to the latest webOS device every year, that would be great.
    Sprint Premier Member
    Quote Originally Posted by decaren View Post
    Has anyone else seen these commercials?? I just saw one for the second time today. At first I thought I didn't read it right, but now I'm pretty sure since I watched pretty intently the second time. I tried to get on the Sprint website and confirm this but couldn't find it anywhere. Can anyone confirm?? That seems like a killer point for me to switch to Sprint. I really love the Pre and would love a Pre Plus, but if I can upgrade my phone to the latest webOS device every year, that would be great.
    Yea with a 2-year contract extension. They (unfortunately) don't just let you upgrade. You could, just @ full retail and not the discounted price.
    To qualify, you must have a bill of at least $69.99 on a single line, or $99.99 on a shared line, for at least 3 months.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  5.    #5  
    So basically if I just keep extending my 2 year contract I could still upgrade my phone every year.
    So basically if I just keep extending my 2 year contract I could still upgrade my phone every year.
    Yes, and you also get discounts on accessories at the sprint store. You have to tell them you are a SP member though, most reps dont check.
    Quote Originally Posted by sabin View Post
    Yea with a 2-year contract extension. They (unfortunately) don't just let you upgrade. You could, just @ full retail and not the discounted price.
    Hey! Just like every other carrier at the two year mark! SWEET!

8.    #8  
    But I need to be a Sprint Premier member?? The commercials made it seem like this is a new program allowed for any Sprint subscriber. I don't mind extending my contract everytime as long as I get the new hardware. I know AT&T and Verizon won't let you do that (except in the case of the iPhone). Verizon is still new every two though.
    It only applies to the Premier member - the rest of my family on my plan don't qualify. They're still on the 2 year plan.
    the Sprint Premier thing has been around for a while

from what i understand, if you have a pre and are using the sprint network, you have to have a data plan (dont they require it now?) Cheapest data plan is 69.99 for consumer plans. Based on the link i attached below, as long as you have been a customer 6 months, and maintained a plan of 69.99 or higher for 3 months (69.99 for single, 99.99 for shared plan), you are eligible for SP, and should automatically become an SP member.

Sprint Premier Info page.
    You can upgrade every 12 months, but when you upgrade you have to extend your contract for two years. I've just gotten notice that I can upgrade my phone on March 1st, but I've still got another year on my contract.

Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    Hey! Just like every other carrier at the two year mark! SWEET!

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    It doesn't add two years to the end of your contract, just one. It's not some perpetual way to exponentially add to your contract.

One further thing. This only applies to the main line. All others get 75 bucks instead of 150 each year.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I don't mind extending my contract everytime as long as I get the new hardware.
    What do you mean?

Does this mean that you'll agree to an 4 year contract if they let you upgrade to new hardware twice? 6 year contract for 3 hardware changes?

Or do you mean that you'd agree to two years from the day they let you upgrade?
    It just replaces your existing (one year or less remaining) contract with a new 2 year contract. (No unbounded growth going on here.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    When you sign a new contract it ends the old contract. The contract extensions don't stack.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.