Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, so here's the deal. I decided to use the $4.99 fee for ASL accounts as my opportunity to exit my Sprint contract without a cancellation fee. Spoke with sprint yesterday and got out! My contract has officially been cancelled.

Now, I am trying to get my Pre activated on Boost Mobile. Why? Well, as of today, Boost is now fully embracing CDMA with a $50 unlimited plan for CDMA phones. It's basically the Simply Everything plan from sprint. Just half price and no contract. Pretty sweet huh?

The only problem is the plan only (officially) supports the new CDMA phones that boost is launching this week. But it never hurts to try right?

So I just got off the phone with an activations rep for Boost. He started by telling me he could only activate one of the officially supported phones and that there was nothing he could do for me. But....after telling him the phone I wanted to activate was a Palm Pre he said he'd give it a try. Turns out he is a Palm Pre owner too and was pretty curious to see if he could use a Pre on Boost as well (and pay half of what he is paying with Sprint).

Long story short, we got pretty far in the activation process but we hit a hiccup. My phone has not been completely deactivated from the Sprint network. Maybe because I just put the cancellation order in yesterday.

Anyway, this rep gives me his name and direct extension so that he can see this thing through. I'm not sure how long it will take for my phone to be fully off the sprint network but he said that it's a possibility we may be able to make this work.

This would be awesome! 3G and unlimited voice for just $50 + NO CONTRACT!!!

I'll keep you guys posted on progress but in the mean time...thoughts? Anyone try this yet? Think it'll work?
    only way i see it working is by a metadoctor
    I'd be interested in your follow up. I don't get why people are leaving Sprint...i understand for issues with the service but what is everyone doing with their phones....can you port to Verizon????

You are only one i've read trying to port..so would be interesting if you can port to Boost.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Getting the Pre to work on boost is possible but im gonna warn you now. the only method that will work is changing the ESN which is illegal in most countries. it took me 2 weeks of reading different tutorials to get it to work. voice and SMS is not too hard but Data is what was the hardest to get right. its totally worth it though to pay $54.36 a month unlimited voice and Data, also works for tethering! its even better also because if i go someplace that I might lose my phone I can just turn my Pre off and power my old HTC touch that has android flashed to it and i'm on my way. the problem I think you will have with customer service is they wont activate any phone that was an exclusive to Sprint since the system will reject the ESN(has more digits than a normal ESN). you must use an old Data capable phone, have that activated onto the account first then clone the ESN into the Pre.. do a search on mobile-files for the tutorials if you cant get it done from Customer service. if you updated to the most recent firmware then you might not be able to change the ESN. AMSS system offsets were completely changed around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary Tech View Post
    Getting the Pre to work on boost is possible but im gonna warn you now. the only method that will work is changing the ESN which is illegal in most countries. it took me 2 weeks of reading different tutorials to get it to work. voice and SMS is not too hard but Data is what was the hardest to get right. its totally worth it though to pay $54.36 a month unlimited voice and Data, also works for tethering! its even better also because if i go someplace that I might lose my phone I can just turn my Pre off and power my old HTC touch that has android flashed to it and i'm on my way. the problem I think you will have with customer service is they wont activate any phone that was an exclusive to Sprint since the system will reject the ESN(has more digits than a normal ESN). you must use an old Data capable phone, have that activated onto the account first then clone the ESN into the Pre.. do a search on mobile-files for the tutorials if you cant get it done from Customer service. if you updated to the most recent firmware then you might not be able to change the ESN. AMSS system offsets were completely changed around.
    I too have a sprint HTC touch just laying around, and am interested in how you have android flashed to it? Can you give me some info there? I don't necessarily want to use the phone as a phone, just want to tinker with it and play with android. thank you for any help you can give.....
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary Tech View Post
    Hmmm... this sounds interesting. I still plan on trying with the Boost rep but I'm very interested in your method. You were able to get your Pre to work with boost? Is everything up and running ok? Nav probably does not work but what about the app catalog?

Would you mind posting a brief step by step? Honestly, this would be great for a lot of people!
    BOOST MOBILE! Yo Dog, where you at?

http://images.vimeo.com/61/60/53/616...66_200x150.jpg
    You don't need to change the ESN. I used to be a Boost customer and was very active in the community. You can get any Sprint phone activated on Boost. The main problem people were having was getting a service rep to do it. Most of the customer service people would just read from the script and say that Boost mobile doesn't support this.

There have been alot of people who have got Sprint phones on Boost CDMA. Luckily for you, you already found a rep who wants to make this work. Check out the Boost forums for more info and people who know alot about doing this kind of thing.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Boost Mobile

Good luck, I hope it all works out for you
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Boost is not Cricket. Boost is owned by Sprint. It would not be in Sprint's best interest to allow you to cancel a Sprint line and activate it on Boost. Boost will only activate Boost serial numbers. This may change in the future, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Any News on getting the pre on Boost?
    half price what are you talking about I pay 42.99 a month for my pre. Boost mobile is horrible my dad had for 2 weeks because something happened with his at&t account and the 2 weeks he had it well they were horrible he never had service
    The problem with Boost is that you don't get access to the extended Verizon roaming a normal plan offers on CDMA. Same goes with other Sprint MVNOs like Virgin Mobile and the like. Huge reason as to why I switched my grandmother over from Virgin Mobile onto my family plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    half price what are you talking about I pay 42.99 a month for my pre. Boost mobile is horrible my dad had for 2 weeks because something happened with his at&t account and the 2 weeks he had it well they were horrible he never had service
    He was probably on Boost IDEN... Boost CDMA is a whole different thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    just how do you get your plan whatever it is for 42.00 a month ?????????????
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    just how do you get your plan whatever it is for 42.00 a month ?????????????
    5 lines on a Family 1500 Data plan. $130+20+20+20=$190/5=$38

$38 a month for text, data and any mobile calling is the best deal anywhere.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post

Yea... How about us people who don't have 5 lines? lol.

what kind of deal can I get? I'm on a single line plan?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Ever since I have gone unlimited everything I don't trust the minute plans.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Listen I have 2 Sprint Touch Pro 2s on Boost mobile. Its not hard to do. YOU have to use one of the boost phones to do your initial activation, wait a few hours and then swap the ESN by calling and telling the rep you want to put a different phone on your account due to a key being broken or alot of dropped calls. If they ask what type of phone just tell them you don't know. give them the ESN/DEC and it will work. If you need more info send me a message and I will help you free of charge. Like I said I have 2 Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2's on boost with all features working and yes I get the 3G sppeds and the EVO. ALL FEATURES ARE WORKING.......... If you are using a smart phone just let me know there may be an extra stop you have to peform.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast