Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yea... How about us people who don't have 5 lines? lol.

I have 1 line and pay $39

Everything data: 69.99
    15% Corporate discount: 10.50
    20/24 discount: 20

Total $39.49
    With unlimited free mobil to mobile calling, all you need is the $69.99 plan with unlimited everything except 450 min. calling. I have the family plan with 3 phones with 1500 min. calling and the most min. used in a single month for the last 7 months has been 230.
    Quote Originally Posted by lynch2800 View Post
    Listen I have 2 Sprint Touch Pro 2s on Boost mobile. Its not hard to do. YOU have to use one of the boost phones to do your initial activation, wait a few hours and then swap the ESN by calling and telling the rep you want to put a different phone on your account due to a key being broken or alot of dropped calls. If they ask what type of phone just tell them you don't know. give them the ESN/DEC and it will work. If you need more info send me a message and I will help you free of charge. Like I said I have 2 Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2's on boost with all features working and yes I get the 3G sppeds and the EVO. ALL FEATURES ARE WORKING.......... If you are using a smart phone just let me know there may be an extra stop you have to peform.
    can you give me a step by step on how to do this? i have a boost mobile phone already and i want my pre on the boost mobile network.
    Quote Originally Posted by kineticvision View Post
    Ok, so here's the deal. I decided to use the $4.99 fee for ASL accounts as my opportunity to exit my Sprint contract without a cancellation fee. Spoke with sprint yesterday and got out! My contract has officially been cancelled.

Now, I am trying to get my Pre activated on Boost Mobile. Why? Well, as of today, Boost is now fully embracing CDMA with a $50 unlimited plan for CDMA phones. It's basically the Simply Everything plan from sprint. Just half price and no contract. Pretty sweet huh?

The only problem is the plan only (officially) supports the new CDMA phones that boost is launching this week. But it never hurts to try right?

So I just got off the phone with an activations rep for Boost. He started by telling me he could only activate one of the officially supported phones and that there was nothing he could do for me. But....after telling him the phone I wanted to activate was a Palm Pre he said he'd give it a try. Turns out he is a Palm Pre owner too and was pretty curious to see if he could use a Pre on Boost as well (and pay half of what he is paying with Sprint).

Long story short, we got pretty far in the activation process but we hit a hiccup. My phone has not been completely deactivated from the Sprint network. Maybe because I just put the cancellation order in yesterday.

Anyway, this rep gives me his name and direct extension so that he can see this thing through. I'm not sure how long it will take for my phone to be fully off the sprint network but he said that it's a possibility we may be able to make this work.

This would be awesome! 3G and unlimited voice for just $50 + NO CONTRACT!!!

I'll keep you guys posted on progress but in the mean time...thoughts? Anyone try this yet? Think it'll work?
    has it worked yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yea... How about us people
    I presume you mean those in the Arkansas public school system?

I kid...I kid. Don't get mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
    I presume you mean those in the Arkansas public school system?

I kid...I kid. Don't get mad.
    I don't get the joke. Should I be offended? lol
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    What are you telling the rep.....and what city/state are you calling from .. I know for a fact that the Touch PrPrPr $and$ $all$ $the$ $Windows$ $Mobile$ $phones$ $are$ $really$ $easy$. $I$ $have$ $done$ $quite$ $a$ $few$ $phones$ $all$ $of$ $which$ $were$ $windows$ $mobile$ $phones$... $i$.$e$.. $mogul$, $touch$ $pro$, $touch$ $pro$ $2$, $and$ $a$ $blackberry$ $tour$. $maybe$ $it$ $has$ $to$ $do$ $with$ $the$ $pre$ $being$ $a$ $sprint$ $premium$ $phone$ $but$ $then$ $again$ $that$ $should$ $not$ $matter$. $sen$ $dme$ $a$ $pm$ $and$ $I$ $will$ $contact$ $boost$ $for$ $you$ $via$ $3$ $way$ $call$.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    The WinMo units use a different data plan code on the account end. It's a simple data plan code that has been in he system forever. All the Android/Instinct/PalmOS units use a newer data plan code which is why everyone has to change plans with these newer phones. That could be the big difference between getting a Touch Pro on Boost and a Pre.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    hi there, i'm currently looking forward to do the same ... i initially wanted to try the Palm Pre on MetroPCS network and later found out that Metro doesn't use the regular CDMA band in NYC....

So anyway,

how many people have succeeded adding your Pre's into BoostMobile's CDMA network yet ? Please let me know more about this as i am planning to do the same in the near future.
    I have a Pre I want to activate on Boost as well. I already have an HTC touch pro on it and just want to switch. I tried doing it myself using the Sprint.com account method but it wants to change my plan and wont go through. Anybody have an inside man that will help me out I will pay.
    Lynch. I have a pre I want on boost. The boost reps are less than helpful. Please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    The problem with Boost is that you don't get access to the extended Verizon roaming a normal plan offers on CDMA. Same goes with other Sprint MVNOs like Virgin Mobile and the like. Huge reason as to why I switched my grandmother over from Virgin Mobile onto my family plan.
    You want the benefits of the Verizon Network on a Sprint Palm Pre : just flash the PRL to verizon and then activate the phone with Pageplus cellular!
    They use The Network! And they have monthly Prepaid plans available. You
    can't add the Pre's ESN online with them, but you can call them and say you have a flashed phone you would like to add. If they give you any **** about it, tell them that you have the msl code and know how to manually program it! Woooooord! ............ BigMoe In The House!
    So is there any new word yet? I can get a pre for about $70 and would like to get it on boost. I believe the phone has a clear ESN and has been off Sprint for some time. I've never personally been with either company.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbird144 View Post
    So is there any new word yet? I can get a pre for about $70 and would like to get it on boost. I believe the phone has a clear ESN and has been off Sprint for some time. I've never personally been with either company.
    The Palm Pre cannot be activated on Boost Mobile. The ESN/MEID calls up a plan that is only available on Sprint, and shows the phone as not compatible with the Boost system. The only way to do it is to "repair" the ESN/MEID with a Boost phone ESN/MEID, or an acceptable Sprint ESN/MEID.
    Quote Originally Posted by lynch2800 View Post
    Listen I have 2 Sprint Touch Pro 2s on Boost mobile. Its not hard to do. YOU have to use one of the boost phones to do your initial activation, wait a few hours and then swap the ESN by calling and telling the rep you want to put a different phone on your account due to a key being broken or alot of dropped calls. If they ask what type of phone just tell them you don't know. give them the ESN/DEC and it will work. If you need more info send me a message and I will help you free of charge. Like I said I have 2 Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2's on boost with all features working and yes I get the 3G sppeds and the EVO. ALL FEATURES ARE WORKING.......... If you are using a smart phone just let me know there may be an extra stop you have to peform.
    i have a palm pre i completeky wiped and im trying to put it on boost mobile and i need help. badly
    FWIW The Pre I am currently using I got as a refurb and had a devil of a time activating it as it thought it was a boost phone. When I called customer service from the phone for help it went to boost. I had to do a full reset, then enter all the phone info manually to get it back on sprint, so it can apparently be done.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    yesterday I switched my backup phone from Boost iden to Boost cdma.I told them the truth.coverage in my area with iden is crap.I told them I'm not buying a phone for cdma unless coverage is good.I told them my friend gave me a used phone to try the service.they asked me for an esn number and they activated.it was a red palm centro.I bought a palm pre today for $30 clean off craigslist.hopefully tomorrow they swap it.I have feeling they won't because sprint always been jerks about smartphones unless it windows mobile or palmOs
    sooooooo.. you could do the same ESN swap trick to activate a CDMA Ipad2 on Boost as well?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12