1.    #1  
    The Palm C40 is apparently listed in Sprint's upcoming 2010 phone lineup. I'm sure many remember hearing about this before, but it's been "reconfirmed" so to speak.

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Sprint-2010-line-up-leaked-article-a_8697.html

So maybe all us Sprint Pre users should be happy we're not getting the Pre Plus, because hopefully come June there'll be an even better webOS device for us to upgrade to.

Thoughts??
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    I don't think Palm has much of a choice here. They need to have either an upgraded version of the Pre or a completely new WebOS device out on Sprint by June, or at least announced with a release date. Most Sprint Pre users are probably also Sprint Premier customers, which means they are eligible for a full upgrade every year. Once Pre users start upgrading, they will be buying a different brand if Palm doesn't have a newer and better device out by then.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Not sure what the Palm C40 is but it was in sprints inventory system back in August 2009. Maybe they will announce it at Mobile World Congress next month?
    im still betting that it's a clamshell/flip phone like the BB Pearl Flip.

im also betting that it's a 4G phone.

im also betting that my above two bets are hogwash and totally pulled out of thin air, just like everyone else.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    The screenshot with the C40 is from August of last year...
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    "pbskids says:
    January 9, 2010 at 11:37 PM

You can say I know who posted this, the htc wimax a9292 isn’t the hero 2, its like a hero 2.5, it is going to be launched dec 1st of 2010, I would’ve shown the dates but it water marks the pages with your ip. In response to joe, our 3g networks are pretty much the best, bgr did a test on the website. The only other phones I have info are the samsung m570, the exclaim with touchscreen essentially. Also the c40, the palm rep said that it is a new palm phone with either 16 or 32 gigs of memory and a bigger screen, 5 megapixel camera, and a side sliding qwerty.

I would also like to point out that everything sprint announced is cmoming out in the 1st quarter of the year, this was ces not ctia, which btw is in march, for those of you who don’t know CTIA is purely cell phones, and sprints planning on announcing a multitude of devices there, some yes, will make you go bleh, but some have a definite wow factor, 3 to be exact.

End rant, play nice, thanks for the time =)"

from some comment on BoyGenius.. how true it is idk. But a slide-QWERTY would make sense with Palm's goal of making a little family, including making a flip phone. I hope it has a faster processer.
  7.    #7  
    all I know is I am happy with what I got until June, then I want something newer, better, flashier.... Come on lets go palm!
    I really hope the side slider is true.
    it will be another kool phone that could very well be the first 4g phone but then again maybe not lol
    ĦṔ-ḶÝōṫ-Ŧḯōη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HChristianS View Post
    "pbskids says:
    January 9, 2010 at 11:37 PM

You can say I know who posted this, the htc wimax a9292 isnít the hero 2, its like a hero 2.5, it is going to be launched dec 1st of 2010, I wouldíve shown the dates but it water marks the pages with your ip. In response to joe, our 3g networks are pretty much the best, bgr did a test on the website. The only other phones I have info are the samsung m570, the exclaim with touchscreen essentially. Also the c40, the palm rep said that it is a new palm phone with either 16 or 32 gigs of memory and a bigger screen, 5 megapixel camera, and a side sliding qwerty.

I would also like to point out that everything sprint announced is cmoming out in the 1st quarter of the year, this was ces not ctia, which btw is in march, for those of you who donít know CTIA is purely cell phones, and sprints planning on announcing a multitude of devices there, some yes, will make you go bleh, but some have a definite wow factor, 3 to be exact.

End rant, play nice, thanks for the time =)"

from some comment on BoyGenius.. how true it is idk. But a slide-QWERTY would make sense with Palm's goal of making a little family, including making a flip phone. I hope it has a faster processer.
    Landscape sliding phones for the loss.. Unless it's as thin as the Pre and has a really REALLY good on screen keyboard, they can keep it.

I really don't see Palm going this route though and if they do it won't be their primary phone, a la Pixi (younger brother or sister.. to the Pre)
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!