1.    #1  
    ~1-1-2000 - My wife and I sign up with Sprint as our cell phone service provider. Never been late with a bill.

12-22-2009 -
    My wife and I buy her a new Palm Pre for Christmas.

1-5-2010 -
    My wife uses her new Pre to make a call and after pulling it out of the faux leather pouch... notices that the volume rocker switch is missing and nowhere to be found.

1-6-2010 -
    My wife goes to the Sprint store (Grant Communications) and asks them to 'fix' the problem.

The girl behind the counter:
    a) Declares that it is because of mis-use that rocker switch fell off.
    b) Says that while yes we do have insurance, it will cost us $100.00 to get a brand new out of the box replacement sent to her overnight.
    c) She is advised that she will need to send her 'broken' phone back with all of it's stuff or she will be charged for their replacement.

As she left, my wife took a room full of either existing or almost new customers with her as she declared - 'Sprint Sucks!'. They followed her out.

1-7-2010 -
    Replacement phone arrives from Asurion - it's not new - it's refurbished. It is a phone taped to a panel inside a box inside another box. No padding, bubble wrap, shredded paper, newspaper, straw, popcorn or plastic peanuts. Nothing. No supplies either... no charger, etc. nothing but a refurbished phone taped to a piece of cardboard inside a box.

I found this forum. Thank GOD. I am now waiting for the snow to clear long enough for me to get the phone replaced with a NEW phone and considering leaving Sprint just as soon as I can since they have changed the T&C of the agreement by $.40 a month per line which for me is $2.00 that appeared on my new bill. I love the idea of getting a new phone while at the same time getting out of the restrictions.

Now I have two questions -
    a) do I get different phone instead of a Pre?
    b) Since I am in a position to get out of the contract with Sprint, who would you suggest I go with or how do I become a month-to-month customer with Sprint and can Sprint prevent me from going month to month?

PS - to those who would say that I'm gaming the system or being unethical... I would say in return that I am using the tools at my disposal to try to level out a playing field that is always and has always been tilted in favor of the phone service provider. How many people are paying $100.00 a pop to Sprint to replace new and broken phones for repaired broken phones? If there comes a day that Sprint goes down the line of customers it has taken countless thousands of dollars from illegally, that is the same day I'll take my stupid pill once a day for the rest of my life and play the game 'their way'.
    You should have brought it to the sprint repair store. They replace them for you for free under warranty. You still get a refurb though.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha1john View Post
    ~1-1-2000 - My wife and I sign up with Sprint as our cell phone service provider. Never been late with a bill.

12-22-2009 -
    My wife and I buy her a new Palm Pre for Christmas.

1-5-2010 -
    My wife uses her new Pre to make a call and after pulling it out of the faux leather pouch... notices that the volume rocker switch is missing and nowhere to be found.

1-6-2010 -
    My wife goes to the Sprint store (Grant Communications) and asks them to 'fix' the problem.

The girl behind the counter:
    a) Declares that it is because of mis-use that rocker switch fell off.
    b) Says that while yes we do have insurance, it will cost us $100.00 to get a brand new out of the box replacement sent to her overnight.
    c) She is advised that she will need to send her 'broken' phone back with all of it's stuff or she will be charged for their replacement.

As she left, my wife took a room full of either existing or almost new customers with her as she declared - 'Sprint Sucks!'. They followed her out.

1-7-2010 -
    Replacement phone arrives from Asurion - it's not new - it's refurbished. It is a phone taped to a panel inside a box inside another box. No padding, bubble wrap, shredded paper, newspaper, straw, popcorn or plastic peanuts. Nothing. No supplies either... no charger, etc. nothing but a refurbished phone taped to a piece of cardboard inside a box.

I found this forum. Thank GOD. I am now waiting for the snow to clear long enough for me to get the phone replaced with a NEW phone and considering leaving Sprint just as soon as I can since they have changed the T&C of the agreement by $.40 a month per line which for me is $2.00 that appeared on my new bill. I love the idea of getting a new phone while at the same time getting out of the restrictions.

Now I have two questions -
    a) do I get different phone instead of a Pre?
    b) Since I am in a position to get out of the contract with Sprint, who would you suggest I go with or how do I become a month-to-month customer with Sprint and can Sprint prevent me from going month to month?

PS - to those who would say that I'm gaming the system or being unethical... I would say in return that I am using the tools at my disposal to try to level out a playing field that is always and has always been tilted in favor of the phone service provider. How many people are paying $100.00 a pop to Sprint to replace new and broken phones for repaired broken phones? If there comes a day that Sprint goes down the line of customers it has taken countless thousands of dollars from illegally, that is the same day I'll take my stupid pill once a day for the rest of my life and play the game 'their way'.
    AlphaJohn indeed!
    You can return the phone for a refund, free & clear within 30 days, no?
    I don't believe that you can go month to month, there is a thread here somewhere that will answer more specifically, but I recall reading that your contract is terminated ETF free & the relationship with Sprint ends.
    There is a majority opinion that the refurbished Pre's are actually better than new due to the increased QA they undergo, but YMMV.
    Good luck achieving a satisfactory resolution