Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    There are no cheaper plans for those with multiple Pre's. My wife and I don't come near the 1500 shared minutes a month, but you can't add a Pre to the individual 450 minute plan. The only thing to make it cheaper is via corporate discount. I get 15% through my work. Wish I could find a larger discount.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I was looking into changing my plan from the 99$ unlimited to the 69$ 450 minute one however the 450 minutes plan does NOT allow you to call your voicemail, 800 numbers or send or receive calls while roaming without going towards your minute pool. I know during lunch at work I will call my girlfriends mobile but frequently I am on roaming so this would now go towards my 450 minutes. I decided that I'd probably get hit with massive overage charges and kept my unlimted plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave99ag View Post
    There are no cheaper plans for those with multiple Pre's. My wife and I don't come near the 1500 shared minutes a month, but you can't add a Pre to the individual 450 minute plan. The only thing to make it cheaper is via corporate discount. I get 15% through my work. Wish I could find a larger discount.
    Not entirely true. Their is the EPRP plan. It is basically the same the the ED $129 plan except that it gives 1600 minutes for $109. That is what I have. The catch is you cannot convert and regular plan to it, the only plan you can convert to it is SERO plans. You would have to start new lines to get it. The other catch is you can't use corporate discounts with it. So if you get a large corporate discount then you may be better of to stick with a regular plan and take the discount.
    you can't add a Pre to the individual 450 minute plan.
    Yes you can
    Quote Originally Posted by JBH613 View Post
    the 450 minutes plan does NOT allow you to call your voicemail, 800 numbers or send or receive calls while roaming without going towards your minute pool.
    I think your information about 800 numbers is slightly inaccurate. 800 numbers always deduct from your minute pool during normally charged hours, whether you're roaming or not -- toll free calls aren't completely "free" on a cellular network: you won't pay long distance fees ("toll free"), but your minutes will still be deducted from your pool like any other call. This is standard operating procedure among cellular networks.

But yes, you can avoid spending all those minutes by getting an unlimited plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    Their is the EPRP plan ... you can't use corporate discounts with it. So if you get a large corporate discount then you may be better of to stick with a regular plan and take the discount.
    Correct. This is how I only pay $54/mo for the Everything Data 450 plan
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    Yes you can
    Just getting back to this thread. What I meant was that you cannot add an additional Pre to the 450 minute plan. My wife and I both have Pre's, but don't come close to the using 1500 minutes a month. Maybe the rules have changed recently, but it looks like we have to use the 1500 minute plan.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfracs33 View Post
    I was in the Sprint store looking around and started to talk to one of the associates about plans and pricing.

I am not sure how many of you are on the $99 Everything Plan, but I just switched to the $69 plan and it includes unlimited Talk, Web, Text, Data too! The only difference is, you are only allowed 450 minutes to landlines per month (with nights and weekends starting at 7pm)

I don't know about you, but I NEVER call landlines so it was a great fit for me and might be a good way for you to save some money too.

Also, I have 2 lines attached and the price went down to $59 per phone and 1500 landline minutes!!

I thought it was a pretty good deal and wanted to share...Happy New Year, I think Palm/Sprint are great (IMHO)

my deal was better.

i left my sero plan cause i needed the pre, i have 2 lines. i called retention and they offered me the $109 1600 family share everything plan 2 lines. then what i did was i call sprint to add 27% corporate discount. Also sprint was raising the new chargers to the plan agreement which people were entitle to cancel without cancelation fee, i spoke to them about it and they gave me $20 credit every month to my account. by the end i'm only paying $60 for both lines.
    I'm on da 1500 min fam plan also...and I also get 20 percent off my bill which makes it 107 fo both phones
    Just getting back to this thread. What I meant was that you cannot add an additional Pre to the 450 minute plan. My wife and I both have Pre's, but don't come close to the using 1500 minutes a month. Maybe the rules have changed recently, but it looks like we have to use the 1500 minute plan.
    That is becasue it is an individual plan. You can't add a non-pre phone to it either.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I switched to the same plan once unlimited M2M came out.

Called them to add my GV number to one of my pick three as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmhanson View Post
    That is becasue it is an individual plan. You can't add a non-pre phone to it either.
    Yes, I know that. I just wish Sprint offered a multi-phone plan with less minutes that was cheaper. That's all. Our current plan is overkill for us, but the only option.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eduardmc View Post
    my deal was better.

i left my sero plan cause i needed the pre, i have 2 lines. i called retention and they offered me the $109 1600 family share everything plan 2 lines. then what i did was i call sprint to add 27% corporate discount. Also sprint was raising the new chargers to the plan agreement which people were entitle to cancel without cancelation fee, i spoke to them about it and they gave me $20 credit every month to my account. by the end i'm only paying $60 for both lines.
    Yes. that's a great deal. I didn't think you could add a corporate discount to the $109 plan? And would the $20 credit be available if you haven't signed up for a new plan agreement yet? Thanks for the additional information. JC
    Also you can get Sprint2Home to call 1 land line phone number without using your daytime minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysdon04 View Post
    Also you can get Sprint2Home to call 1 land line phone number without using your daytime minutes.
    I'm not aware of this concept with sprint. Do I need to call Sprint or can I add the number online? ...and does it cost extra?
    my dad is a sprint employee so I get his discounts because I'm part of his family so I have unlimited text, data, mobile to mobile, nights&weekends, and I think 500 anytime minutes a rarely use, no contract on the phones, and able to upgrade yearly for the contract price all for $20/month :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmike04 View Post
    Ive got five lines on the 1500 minute everything data family share plan and with the Anymobile Anytime, we use less than 500 minutes every month, and that is for all five of us. With my discount each person only pays $35 a month for unlimited (essentially) everything!
    what discount?
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmike04 View Post
    Ive got five lines on the 1500 minute everything data family share plan and with the Anymobile Anytime, we use less than 500 minutes every month, and that is for all five of us. With my discount each person only pays $35 a month for unlimited (essentially) everything!
    +1, only I have NINE lines (not sure how they let me put nine on a single plan, but they did, thay said I can have up to ten.)

So (129.99 + (19.99 add a phn * 7) with a 27% discount) + (7 ins * 9) = I LOVE SPRINT!!!

that's about 32.00/person ... for everything! it's awesome.

(Sprint offers that discount to people that work at the company I work for)
    Quote Originally Posted by jants13 View Post
    I just saved a ton of money by switching to Geico
    HA!
    Main reason I went to sprint from ATT was for monthly savings. Getting a Pre was a bonus.

One place sprint sucks, however, is that they charge by the minute to forward calls to another number. I get bad reception at home, so would always just forward to my vonage number while there. That first bill was quite a surprise.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Sprint$ $is$ $the$ $only$ $carrier$ $that$ $does$ $this$.
    : (){:|:&};:
    tell em you work for directv/adt you'll save 23% that what I did LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by chadking View Post
    tell em you work for directv/adt you'll save 23% that what I did LOL
    do they ask you for verification? how do you prove you work for direcTV?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast