Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    they allow the Pre on 450 min plans?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I have the same 450 minute plan with everything data for only $45. Originally I was only paying $35 for 350 minutes w/ unlim. data, but was talked into upgrading it to the 450 plus a Centro to replace my Treo 650. While I'm happy that I am still paying the low price for the 450 relative to everyone else, I only ever once made it even close to 350 minutes after having the plan for over two years.

I wish I still had my cheaper 350 minute plan, but at least I still have a good deal.

EDIT: Although now that I think about it, I don't think the 350 minute plan included 3G speed, which is why the plan upgrade was necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    they allow the Pre on 450 min plans?
    yep, and since its $69, i still qualified as a S|P member and I can upgrade my phone after 12 months for low price.
    Quote Originally Posted by tfracs33 View Post
    I was in the Sprint store looking around and started to talk to one of the associates about plans and pricing.

I am not sure how many of you are on the $99 Everything Plan, but I just switched to the $69 plan and it includes unlimited Talk, Web, Text, Data too! The only difference is, you are only allowed 450 minutes to landlines per month (with nights and weekends starting at 7pm)

I don't know about you, but I NEVER call landlines so it was a great fit for me and might be a good way for you to save some money too.

Also, I have 2 lines attached and the price went down to $59 per phone and 1500 landline minutes!!

I thought it was a pretty good deal and wanted to share...Happy New Year, I think Palm/Sprint are great (IMHO)

I think that you're a little late to the party, mate. These plans have been out for some time now.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    yep, and since its $69, i still qualified as a S|P member and I can upgrade my phone after 12 months for low price.
    Whoa, I thought Sprint Premier and the 12 month upgrade required a $99 plan?? If this is true, I might make the move.
    As you can see, I'm most active during the night so I always get the cheaper plans because of the free N&W covers my active minutes so I rarely ever use any of the anytime minutes. Plus the any mobile any carrier...well, its all unlimited .
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Whoa, I thought Sprint Premier and the 12 month upgrade required a $99 plan?? If this is true, I might make the move.
    Its True, I too am a premier member now thanks to the $69 plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    That was my understanding as well. I'd recommend that you confirm this with the rep, and have them make notes on your account that the rep said you still qualify. Then have them read the notes back to you, so it doesn't just say something like "discussed qualifications for premier status".
    my company pays $20 for unlimited data/text and we have a fee per minute plan, but free sprint mobile to mobile... and I mostly call sprint friends family for free.

I guess come to think of I it pay nothing anyway, so who cares.
    be careful because if people call you from a land line you get charged
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    That was my understanding as well. I'd recommend that you confirm this with the rep, and have them make notes on your account that the rep said you still qualify. Then have them read the notes back to you, so it doesn't just say something like "discussed qualifications for premier status".
    $99 is for shared minutes plan

from sprint press release http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoen...oom&ID=1250915
    Eligibility requirements for Sprint Premier are simple: 1) For three consecutive months, consumer customers must be on an individual wireless plan of at least $69.99 per month or spend at least $99.99 per month on a plan that shares minutes, or 2) they must have been a Sprint wireless customer for at least 10 years.
    So I see, I suspect they changed that, I'm almost positive it was $99 individual and $149 for shared at one time.
    Quote Originally Posted by heartlessjez View Post
    For some reason, my Sprint coverage only has a 76.99 option for the 450 landline minute plan.
    That sounds like the $69.99 450 minutes/Any Mobile to Mobile/ Unlimited texts / Unlimited Data plan with the $7.00 TEP tacked on. You sure it isn't?

All this talk about phone plans is making me reconsider my international calling plan that I barely use... granted, I've had months where it saved me roughly $100 bucks, but I haven't used it in 2 months...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    So I see, I suspect they changed that, I'm almost positive it was $99 individual and $149 for shared at one time.
    Nope, I still have the original Sprint Premier customer letter they sent out somewhere around here and it stated all you had to have was a single phone plan that totaled $69.99 a month for 6 months, a family plan that totaled $129.99 for 6 months, or being a Sprint Legacy customer for 10 years or more.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Wait... Are you saying that Sprint is no longer forcing you to switch to the Everything Plan if you want to use a Pre? When I purchased the Pre 7 months ago I was told the only compatible plan for the Pre was the Everything Plan. I already had a plan with messaging, data, and picture mail but that didn't matter, I had to change plans.
    I have a family plan, 3 lines, 1500 shared minutes and my TOTAL bill is $142. per month. It would be double if we had stayed with Verizon.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by echto View Post
    Wait... Are you saying that Sprint is no longer forcing you to switch to the Everything Plan if you want to use a Pre? When I purchased the Pre 7 months ago I was told the only compatible plan for the Pre was the Everything Plan. I already had a plan with messaging, data, and picture mail but that didn't matter, I had to change plans.
    SIMPLY EVERYTHING is the plan with unlimited minutes and data and everything else for a hundred dollars or whatever the price is (im not clearing my cookies).

the EVERYTHING DATA plan is 450 minutes for 70 dollars or whatever.

as long as it has the word EVERYTHING in the plan, you can use it with the Pre but you don't have to get the unlimited minute plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by maryinredding View Post
    I have a family plan, 3 lines, 1500 shared minutes and my TOTAL bill is $142. per month. It would be double if we had stayed with Verizon.
    i can't believe my parent's are getting charged $30 a month in surcharges alone on top of Verizon's $99 family plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by jants13 View Post
    I just saved a ton of money by switching to Geico
    LOL
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I have a great family plan rate from the time the Treo first came out and you could negotiate deals with "retentions." My Sprint family plan rate for 2 phones and 1,000 minutes and unlimited data and 500 text messages for both phones is a total of $65 not counting the insurance.

I have been told by several Sprint Reps that I can not stay on this plan and purchase a Pre but would have to change to the more expensive plans. I really want to buy a Pre but am reluctant to double my monthly phone costs.

Does anyone know of better deals than the $129 for a family plan?

Thanks.

JC
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast