1.    #1  
    my GF's tmobile phone (htc shadow) can send/receive calls of my home wifi with ZERO extra equip or setup. The Sprint coverage here is spotty and this seems like a perfect solution vs. an Airave. Why can't Sprint do this - is it a CDMA vs. GSM thing?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Considering you're using wifi it has little to do with CDMA or GSM. This has to do undoubtably with some sort of VoIP software loaded on the Shadow. Google Voice is currently available for the Pre and I imagine more apps will become available as time goes on.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    T-mobile started the Wifi calling originally because they had virtually no coverage (and its still very true in my area). I was a means to get people to buy their service despite having a severely crippled network compared to the larger companies. It wasn't due to bad coverage at your home and needing to fill in a hole, it was due to no coverage at your home.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)