Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The rumor mill has 3,000+ to be announced next week. Needless to say that's after Xmas. I guess they have been saying they were going to outsource 5,000 to 10,000 positions to save operating expenses. Appears the 3,000 could be a low number, but one of many?
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    i have had the opportunity to speak with sprint customer service twice this weeks. as i sit there i always ask where they are and carry on some sort of conversation based on where they are. the last one told me they are not allowed to discuss their location. however, the lady i spoke to a few days before that told me they were in an asian country. i forget now witch one but i was amazed on how well they spoke english. they did however not understand some slag terms.
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    i have had the opportunity to speak with sprint customer service twice this weeks. as i sit there i always ask where they are and carry on some sort of conversation based on where they are. the last one told me they are not allowed to discuss their location. however, the lady i spoke to a few days before that told me they were in an asian country. i forget now witch one but i was amazed on how well they spoke english. they did however not understand some slag terms.
    You're surprised by this?
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
  4.    #4  
    Funny, most of the time I ask them where they are located and get an answer. I have had good experiences with Sprint CS, especially getting a free Airave. I have no complaints with CS, maybe with all the outsourcing and layoffs that will change? Sprint has been very competitive from a price standpoint, especially if you have the Everything plan. Things always change though.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    that sucks. I love sprint. I've been with them for 10 years for a reason. Great price, good service and EXCELLENT cs. Like I told someone who worked for sprintcs yesterday, I have a feeling they will fail in somesort though because they are a great company that listens to their customers and that is the problem. They give everything away to make their customers happy, without customers asking. They give constant cs credits of $$$ and devices and people take advantage of that. I guess that's why its such a love affair with sprint. People who don't get the world free from them where told they would and expect it. Idk, just my ponderings
    Palm prē-ist.
    Customer service won't necessarily go down the drain because of more outsourcing.

Yes, I have dealt with overseas Tier 1 customer service reps from a few companies, and they were no more and no less competent than a North American rep.
    is this the answer to the jobs summit? Lol didn't sprint get a bailout????
    Palm prē-ist.
    During college I worked as tech support @ dish network, we were not suppose to say our location for security reasons. Does it really surprise anyone that Asian countries have better English standards than our schools. They don't know slang because they speak properly and better than our kids.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I was one of the 8000 laid off last March from Sprint (I worked in the IT Dept.). Then they outsourced pretty much the entire network services department back in Sept. (that is the 5K to 10K) then I heard there were another 2,500 recently. NOt sure if this is the 3000 mentioned in the opening post.
    almost whenever I call CS some one answers and states their location. last week the guy said he was from Topeka, KS. I have had several in the past from there too. also, the wait time was nil, vs long waits of years past.
    I have to say that Sprint's technical support seems to be pretty good at managing Pre questions. Basically the provisioning process and broken/non-working parts. I haven't ever called them on any WebOS questions though as this forum does a great job at teaching me or at least for me to find an answer fairly quickly. The move to outsource support could mean a drop in customer satisfaction in the short term as they get up to speed with the knowledge. It is very common for that to happen. First level help desk service always is a waste of time in my opinion. For example with my Verizon DSL service when I first provisioned the service about 10 years ago or more, they had a difficult time with trouble shooting my issues, many times it was their network which was down and not my connection or DSL Modem. Over the years it got better and then became more automated through their voice activated/interactive response system. Now I called them up for my Aunt to provision the service and it was totally automated where I didn't get to speak to a human until after about 15 minutes going through the automated steps. Finally the human got on the line and said all I needed to do is to go to the modem click on one button, and voila DSL service provisioned. Too bad it took so long for the interactive voice response system to get me to a human. It was not smart enough to just go through the proper step with me. However, I'm sure that system really lowers the cost of every incident, especially if the system could solve my issue right up front. I am sad to hear about the loss of jobs in the US, however it is a business issue to stay competitive and survive.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    sprint's downfall was the nextel purchase. they never should have done it, and if they did anyways, it should have been done differently
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    welcome to hope and change.
    LOL!
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ventnor1 View Post
    almost whenever I call CS some one answers and states their location. last week the guy said he was from Topeka, KS. I have had several in the past from there too. also, the wait time was nil, vs long waits of years past.
    Companies are very quick to point out when they are in the US. Odd its not a "security threat."
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    sprint's downfall was the nextel purchase. they never should have done it, and if they did anyways, it should have been done differently
    I agree.

Funny thing is the payroll savings from the March layoffs pretty much matches Sprint's recent cash influx to the Clearwire venture.

They purchased Nextel mainly to get the Spectrum for the Wimax venture which they sold to Clearwire for a 51% stake in the new company.

Then they had a network and customers they had no idea how to handle.

That is beside the bill of goods they were sold by Nextel. Nextel had oversold the network in several areas and fudged numbers that made it look like the network was doing well.

Then Sprint tried getting Nextel customers to switch to the Sprint network which alienated many do to the misconception they were trying to shut down the Nextel network.

While the truth is the network was saturated and they needed to get rid of customers from that network until upgrades could be accomplished. Well they got their wish and Sprint has been bleeding customer ever since.

I would not be surprised one of these days to see Sprint sold. Trimming the workforce, outsourcing areas that other carriers (potential suitors) already have outsourced.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    welcome to hope and change.
    I don't think the President is on the Board of Directors at Sprint/Nextel Jewel.

Regardless.....I'm sad to hear that 3000 or some people will be losing their jobs. Sprint is likely trying to cope with continued reductions in it's customer base. These everything plans (which as a customer I love) haven't attracted the subscriber numbers they had hoped. However as webOS hardware gains momentum (as the kinks get worked out) and Sprint releases more Android hardware things will start to change....I mean how couldn't they with the best combination of price and service in the USA.
    Most of the people I've talked to in customer service and technical support have been in the south, mostly Virginia and Texas. Haven't encountered anyone from outside of the US yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ventnor1 View Post
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Most of the Sprint call centers are located in the U.S., the overseas call centers are used primarily for overflow when the domestic ones are saturated.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    that explains it, I don't think I've ever talked to someone outside of the us, they are usually from ks, philly, texas like others have said
    Palm prē-ist.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast