Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well my 3rd Pre in 5 months just went out. 2 touch screens, and 1 had a blown speaker and was stuck in headset mode. Some of these were intermittent problems that took a couple trips to sprint store before they would replace phone. I've had enough, so I called in and calmly asked my options since I've been through so many phones, and at the end I asked if would let me out of my contract, and on came a supervisor who said yes. Tried to get them to give me a Touch Pro 2 and they declinced.
    See ya Sprint, gonna prob try an Iphone or the Droid. Just want something I know is dependable after all the Palm Pre crap, I liked it, when it worked.
    Buh-bye.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    With that much bad luck, I'd be careful crossing the street. There might be 3 buses coming! Good luck with your next phone.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rajun asian View Post
    Buh-bye.
    +1billion
    Best of luck! Go with Verizon if you want any chance of coverage =)
    Yeah, because complaining about 5 replaced phones is awful. Far be it for people on the forum to actually give constructive replies-- Let's just snark instead, that would be greaaat.

Oh wait, I forgot! If one had any grievances about the Pre or Sprint, they should write them down on a piece of paper, put them in a box, and throw it into the river. Nobody on the Sprint/Palm Pre forum wants to hear any of that foolishness!

I love the Pre in all it's glory seems to be the only acceptable response.
    Quote Originally Posted by ali.fazal View Post
    Yeah, because complaining about 5 replaced phones is awful. Far be it for people on the forum to actually give constructive replies-- Let's just snark instead, that would be greaaat.

Oh wait, I forgot! If one had any grievances about the Pre or Sprint, they should write them down on a piece of paper, put them in a box, and throw it into the river. Nobody on the Sprint/Palm Pre forum wants to hear any of that foolishness!

Uhhh ...

What are we supposed to say? He came here to vent. The guy dumped his frustrations on us and we're expected to give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek?

Uhm, okay.
    We probably hear more bad experiences on the forum more than good. It's a common occurance on forums and that's just how it is. Constructive criticism and the acknowledgement of issues is important for the community and possibly a good way for Palm to understand that there are issues. I would love it if someone at Palm would monitor these forums and make an official statement about how they are dealing with build quality issues, new software updates, etc. Then it would hopefully reduce rumors and misleading statements by users.
    As far as the Precentral community is concerned, we all need to help out here in solving issues and problems. And yes, most of us are fans of the Pre hope that the Pre (WebOS) does become a really good viable Smartphone solution for the future. It does have alot of challenges not only from competitors (iPhone, Android and possibly Windows Mobile), however it does have it's own challenges with the OS itself.

Bottom line, we'll all go where we feel is best for us, whether it is WebOS or something else. Help the community out by providing positive responses.
    I've said it before...

This website needs a technical support forum. Everyone posting their complaints and woes in the general forums is just flooding us with drivel.

It also makes the phone seem like it has serious issues. It discourages new Pre users and gets people nitpicking about every little detail. Like the slight wiggle on the phone, for example.

=)
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    Uhhh ...

What are we supposed to say? He came here to vent. The guy dumped his frustrations on us and we're expected to give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek?

Uhm, okay.
    Actually from my view point, he had his own valid points and even better, he did state that he liked the Pre when it was working. The problem is when people just start a personal attack, it reduces any chance of the original poster to provide valuable feedback for the manufacturer. We would love if the users left and then came back to the Pre to let us know his experience with the other smartphones. Most of us haven't had the chance to experience the other solutions in the market first hand.
    Ok it's like walking into a Star Wars convention and yelling about how you think Yoda sucks.. what do you expect to happen?

Exactly what advice are we supposed to give here? What can we do for this guy? Are we supposed to feel really bad for him and pool our money and send him a check for his inconvenience?

Sprint was the only entity that could help him, and they did. Canceled his contract with no ETF, Merry Christmas! Now he can go buy any phone he wants on any service he wants.

Yes, this is a Pre forum. It's a forum for people who use the phone, you're going to find most of us like it. And guess what.. I'm on my 6th Pre. Yup, my 6th. And I still love it. I don't come here crying and whining to a bunch of people who can't do squat to help me. Grow up, face your problems and move on with your life.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    If he was looking for advice or offering some legit advice, he would not get "snarked". From his post, I would gather he is never going to read this forum again, since he is moving on to another phone and network. So we SHOULD say buh bye.....and I hope the door doesn't bruise his **** on the way out. If the ONLY purpose of your post is to whine...then expect some backlash....if you are looking for advice, then expect help.
    I'm sorry, there there. Go to another carrier and phone and everything will be rosy and wonderful. It just sucks that only the Pre has problems and any other phone on any other network will give you nothing to complain about or wish for. Wahh, wahh. I work with so many whiners that gotta cry about stuff that doesnt cater to them. Go to another provider, things will be perfect....
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    We probably hear more bad experiences on the forum more than good. It's a common occurance on forums and that's just how it is. Constructive criticism and the acknowledgement of issues is important for the community and possibly a good way for Palm to understand that there are issues. I would love it if someone at Palm would monitor these forums and make an official statement about how they are dealing with build quality issues, new software updates, etc. Then it would hopefully reduce rumors and misleading statements by users.
    As far as the Precentral community is concerned, we all need to help out here in solving issues and problems. And yes, most of us are fans of the Pre hope that the Pre (WebOS) does become a really good viable Smartphone solution for the future. It does have alot of challenges not only from competitors (iPhone, Android and possibly Windows Mobile), however it does have it's own challenges with the OS itself.

Bottom line, we'll all go where we feel is best for us, whether it is WebOS or something else. Help the community out by providing positive responses.
    I agree... Palm should monitor to see the complaints to make it better in out Palm community to bad that he is getting rid of the carrier and the phone..We need more people to get hands on experience with the pre and pixi to see what webos is about to make this a better phone. More people play with it more people convert which causes more devs more ideas more everything for WebOS The OS is great Refurbish phones sprint gives you back sucks but I wouldnt knock webos out of the mix. iPhone OS you will miss the multi-tasking and Android OS you will miss the Clearity. must say good luck hope it works for you
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Imagine this guy in a bar. Comes there for 5 months. Says nothing. Disliking the drinks and people. And one day he tells everybody how ****ty the place is and how he's going next door to get a proper drink...
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    does this include the aircard also? one of my friends has it and she doesnt use it any more and i havent told her about the no ETF. I just want to make sure before i tell her.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ali.fazal View Post

So glad you could muster up enough time to crawl out from under your rock and award us with your first and so insightful post.

Now, go back and rest your brain for the next one on another board.

bj
    My take on the snarky replies is pretty much in direct response to the OP post.

Here is someone who has NOT been a part of this community, joined in August, never posted until now , has JUST this one post, and just posts to say he is leaving? I guess I just dont get his entire purpose for posting here.

I think he would have had a much less hostile response , had he been an ongoing poster, sharing his experiences, even the bad ones, and what he was doing to get it resolved, and listening and sharing what others have gone thru.

But to come to a forum, where you have not been involved JUST to say you are leaving, just leaves that person OPEN to the hostility he got..

I would just add to be aware of his bad luck, to look up to the sky, for falling Ooobleck..

Can't believe that they wouldent give you a tp2 or at least a credit towards one if it is a more expensive device. Really bad business on Sprints part- even if you were at fault, which I don't think you were. I bet gross margin is around 70% for Sprint service. (a guess but an educated one- it is way over 50% for sure)You would think they would eat a piece of hardware to maintain that.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    Actually from my view point, he had his own valid points and even better, he did state that he liked the Pre when it was working. The problem is when people just start a personal attack, it reduces any chance of the original poster to provide valuable feedback for the manufacturer. We would love if the users left and then came back to the Pre to let us know his experience with the other smartphones. Most of us haven't had the chance to experience the other solutions in the market first hand.
    I've tried the iphone 3gs and with att its bad, and the iphone foe get boring after a while. But the phone works great. I had the moto droid and loved it but the prices with verizon is cazy hihn,left. I tried the cliq with tmobile and also lobed it, but took it back because I didn't want 2 bills so went back to the pre and sprint where I have 3 lines with family. I will say that I am not happy with the pre's webos, its SLOW and wish someone ports android for it. Than I would have the best of both worlds. So many GREAT apps and free on android market! The pre store is a joke, and preware just has great PATCHES that should be stock from palm itself. As far as hardware for the pre I had to add TAPE here and there to stop the plastic squeaks, now I can deal with the hardware as it feels SOLID. But why does a customer have to do that? To be fair the cliq and droid also had their issues as well. All I can say is I hope someone brings android to the pre. And unless you have used and android phone like the cliq and droid, you will not understand why the request.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast