Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ali.fazal View Post
    Yeah, because complaining about 5 replaced phones is awful. Far be it for people on the forum to actually give constructive replies-- Let's just snark instead, that would be greaaat.

Oh wait, I forgot! If one had any grievances about the Pre or Sprint, they should write them down on a piece of paper, put them in a box, and throw it into the river. Nobody on the Sprint/Palm Pre forum wants to hear any of that foolishness!

I love the Pre in all it's glory seems to be the only acceptable response.
    That was his one and only post. What would you expect the response to be? This isn't Palm's web site, it's not Sprint's.

He wanted his little rant, and he got an appropriate response.

BTW, it was 3 Pres, not 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman View Post
    I've tried the iphone 3gs and with att its bad, and the iphone foe get boring after a while. But the phone works great. I had the moto droid and loved it but the prices with verizon is cazy hihn,left. I tried the cliq with tmobile and also lobed it, but took it back because I didn't want 2 bills so went back to the pre and sprint where I have 3 lines with family. I will say that I am not happy with the pre's webos, its SLOW and wish someone ports android for it. Than I would have the best of both worlds. So many GREAT apps and free on android market! The pre store is a joke, and preware just has great PATCHES that should be stock from palm itself. As far as hardware for the pre I had to add TAPE here and there to stop the plastic squeaks, now I can deal with the hardware as it feels SOLID. But why does a customer have to do that? To be fair the cliq and droid also had their issues as well. All I can say is I hope someone brings android to the pre. And unless you have used and android phone like the cliq and droid, you will not understand why the request.
    Thanks for the positive input. By the way, someone's jailbroken the iPhone to add multitasking to it similar to Pre's ability. The issue for the iPhone is that it's on a poor 3G network. As Precentral's side by side review the big concern for the iPhone moderator/reviewer is that it is the impression of having 4 bars of coverage however it has nothing to do with the actual data rates as it was only on the 1x network. Manging expectations are the most important thing. I truly think that everyone had too high of an expectation out of the Pre's ability out of the box. I personally had huge hopes for the Pre, however after a couple of months, I realized I was wrong and needed to be patient with it. I think after 6 months, I'll figure out whether I should stay or go. For most of my business needs, it is okay... though missing some business applications. Reliability is another issue, which should be addressed and properly responded to.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    ....why is this a relevant thread? HELLO!
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    My take on the snarky replies is pretty much in direct response to the OP post.

Here is someone who has NOT been a part of this community, joined in August, never posted until now , has JUST this one post, and just posts to say he is leaving? I guess I just dont get his entire purpose for posting here.

I think he would have had a much less hostile response , had he been an ongoing poster, sharing his experiences, even the bad ones, and what he was doing to get it resolved, and listening and sharing what others have gone thru.

But to come to a forum, where you have not been involved JUST to say you are leaving, just leaves that person OPEN to the hostility he got..

I would just add to be aware of his bad luck, to look up to the sky, for falling Ooobleck..

+1. The issue for me is that this is yet another "one post wonder," not someone who bothered to take the time to be involved in the community prior to publishing a "sayonara" post.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    My take on the snarky replies is pretty much in direct response to the OP post.

Here is someone who has NOT been a part of this community, joined in August, never posted until now , has JUST this one post, and just posts to say he is leaving? I guess I just dont get his entire purpose for posting here.

I think he would have had a much less hostile response , had he been an ongoing poster, sharing his experiences, even the bad ones, and what he was doing to get it resolved, and listening and sharing what others have gone thru.

But to come to a forum, where you have not been involved JUST to say you are leaving, just leaves that person OPEN to the hostility he got..

I would just add to be aware of his bad luck, to look up to the sky, for falling Ooobleck..

+1. It was one post just to say goodbye. No mention of any problems until his first and only post to say goodbye cuz he's going to get an iphone or Droid?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    my first post!!!

I'm a palm pre lover. I've had my pre since day 1. I read this website religously mostly everyday trying to update myself with the articles and the threads. What I find very ridiculous is everyone who replies to others rants and talk so highly about the phone like its gold and try to degrade someone cuz they said something that was wrong or disliked about their pre. SERIOUSLY! I have this image in the back of my head that yall are a bunch of tech nerds who have no life. Jus cuz someone needs to vent doesn't mean you say, "you don't deserve the pre.." or "you expect a hug?" How old are you guys? Grow up. Its a phone. Those who vent may not be looking for someone to reply back with love. Jus updating us with a problem they've encountered. If you read the titles use common sense and don't 'click it' if you know its a rant. You guys are seriously immature so grow up. I'm tired of reading someones post and these dork are talking about the phone like its gods gift to the hands!!! ITS NOT!!! You guys flood he threads with unneccasary Space. ****. I gottah go but I'll finish what's on my mind one day. stupid losers! mahalo
    Quote Originally Posted by rajun asian View Post
    Buh-bye.
    +1
    Look at it this way: If you take the OP's statement out of the context of the forums, and imagine s/he came to a party, and everybody in the party (for the most part) is having a great time. For the party-goers that aren't having a blast, they speak up and are immediately given assistance by the party hosts. Throughout the course of the party the OP sits in a corner and sulks, while each drink or appetizer tastes worst than the last. Suddenly, in a fit of anger, the OP stands up and announces to everybody that the party sucks, the food sucks, the drink sucks, and s/he's leaving. In this case the others at the party would probably throw their drinks at the OP as s/he walks out the door in anger. Posts like these, if you dare open them, are a total buzz-kill and completely nonproductive, and I don't blame the community for telling him/her to buzz off.
  9.    #29  
    Damn, tough crowd!!! I was just posting info for others that are in my situation, to let them know that you can get out of your contract for free if you want. I do come to this website often to learn the latest with the Pre, sorry I don't post regularly, so that I can be worthy of an opinion.
    I did jump the gun a little, and went and swapped out my Pre again. We'll see how this one goes. Thanks for all the Constructive Criticism.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12