1.    #1  
    Anybody else receiving an error when trying to send a text?

Something's down on Sprint's side.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    I just sent and received a text 1 minute ago with no problems. Maybe it's your location that has a network issue...
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    I am texting my girl friend and have been for about 30 minutes now with no issues. I'm in Maryland...
    I'm having the same issue. Did some Googling, and there's other Sprint customers out there with the same issue tonight. Apparently it's being worked on, though... :/

EDIT: Link to the forum I found - androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/28216-anyone-elses-text-not-working-right-now-i-keep-getting-9230-2112-error.html
    Last edited by Socrguru; 12/17/2009 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Add link
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Still works for me, but I did some googling and found some are having issues too. I forgot to mention I am at home and using an Airave. That might make a difference...
  6.    #7  
    there were some people that said sprint reps told them to turn their phones off for 10 mins then turn back on. did nothing for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BronTron View Post
    there were some people that said sprint reps told them to turn their phones off for 10 mins then turn back on. did nothing for me.
    But it did wonders for them. It got you off the phone with them!
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyfool View Post
    But it did wonders for them. It got you off the phone with them!
    haha this is probably true.
    well...
    sprint: the most love-hate relationship ever.
    Yep, started getting this about 20mins ago in the Texas gulf coast area.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    wow wth this really sucks.
    My daughter had it several times last night about 10:30pm PST, I had it once. But it seems to have cleared this morning. Of course, the Blackberry RIM servers are down and I can't get any email. It's nation-wide, not carrier related. They have an ETA of 5:00pm today.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    The Blackberry servers seem to be having quite a few problems lately, on multiple carriers. It kind of makes me wonder since they are notorious for being dependable.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)