1.    #1  
    you stop your contract in january, do to them changing the contract, and get your old sprint pre activated on verizon???
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    you stop your contract in january, do to them changing the contract, and get your old sprint pre activated on verizon???
    Quite possibly. In theory you could do it even if verizon didn't have the pre since they use the same networks.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    personally I like sprint more than any other carriers. For me its the same reliability as verizon but at much much cheaper rates.

anyway, would verizon getting the pre affect the decline in interest by the public? I've shown off the pre to several non sprint users and after the initial "wow" then they all seem more interested in the iPhone and android.
    I have lots of people that love my Pre but refuse to switch to Sprint for whatever reason. To bad Sprint has a bad reputation because I love Sprint. Best bang for you buck by far. The network is great and even if I do have to roam I'm roaming on Verizon which is an even larger network. I live in Arkansas which was the home of Alltel...Verizon was already here too but now that Verizon owns Alltel this entire state is red on their map. You could be in the middle of the woods in the Ozarks and still get full bars and 3G.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Verizon will NOT activate a Sprint phone, even if it is a model they carry. The ESN is carrier specific.
    Hey guys, let's keep Sprint in business, ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Hey guys, let's keep Sprint in business, ok?
    Why should we care about that? This is a Pre forum! Once AT&T and VZ release the Pre, life is is going to be great app wise - tons of pre's are going to get sold.

If the success of the Pre depends on Sprint being successful, then we are screwed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    Verizon will NOT activate a Sprint phone, even if it is a model they carry. The ESN is carrier specific.
    Yes they will, it's not easy but is possible. I haven't heard of anyone doing it with the Pre but I have seen it done with other phones.
    Yeah, that makes sense, take your pre over to Verizon and pay almost twice as much for the service.
    sprint rocks
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I don't like companies that overcharge for about the same service. Sprint has a great deal with the AnyMobile plan. I do have to admit though, asking people to change carriers seems more personal than asking them how much money they make. There is uncomfortableness, silence, sweating...with that said, I can't wait for the Pre to get on several networks to increase the number of units sold=more exposure=more apps and updates!!!
    I personally believe that such crazy comments like leaving sprint, needs to be removed from his forum. Why do we tolerate this none sense. Other boards have moderators that would remove this stuff immediately. It is obvious these people are disgruntled. Why would I want to pay for more for the same service? If it is not constructive, can the moderators please remove the comments.

Come on get real. Funny leave sprint for verizon (been with verizon before I came to sprint so been there done that and not going back). Going to AT&T is looking going to your own funeral. That company is awful. I would not let them operate my home phone, net access, nor my cell phone. AT&T = rubbish (so i guess that equals a no to them as well). Sprint, I guess we are in this together.

For those seriously contemplating switching, you might want to do your research instead of listening to some trolls.
    Just because Sprint is CDMA just like Verizon does not always mean they have similar covereage, even with roaming. In my area, outside the coverage is similar, but Sprint's building penetration fails miserably compared to Verizon. Walking through the mall absolutely kills battery life and a signal to be found is few and far between. I had no such issues with Verizon when I was with them.

Both companies customer service has been top notch.

I won't comment on AT&T since I haven't had them in over ten years. But I will say....every provider will offer different results for different people, area dependent. If a person wants to use a contract clause change in order to leave one provider for another, then so be it.

To delete a thread because a subscriber wants to leave Sprint is ridiculous.

What happens when a current generation Palm device is on Verizon and AT&T as well, and someone wants to leave one of those providers?
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    when I worked @ radioshack and we had sprint and verizon, people always like the sprint phones better, and if they had verizon and broke their phone withought ins. They had to buy a phone outright. (as in unsubsidized price so add a minimum of $200) so we used to sell them sprint phones outright if that's what they wanted, but it was manual programming. And I mean manual! Line by line upwords of 39 steps. Getting the prls and data was always the hardest part though.

Sucked but made the customer happy thus having them come back for other things.

and yes it did **** off our verizon rep that we couldn't ''bring 'em over'', but our management loved it because the company didn't have to wait on the verizon subsidy.
    Palm prē-ist.