Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Hi there - Looks like a new PRL from Sprint is out. Of three people with Pre's in my family, one has 60658 and two have 60657. Since there's a new cell tower near me that just got turned on, I'm trying to update my phone - one of the 60657s. Unfortunately, the Pre's built in PRL update function isn't bringing me anything newer. Thoughts? Customer service was completely baffled by the terms PRL and preferred roaming list...

Brett
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Dialing *2 (Sprint customer service) and pressing 1 at the first menu option seems to have automatically done the update. My PRL is now listed as 60658.

Brett
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbelex View Post
    Dialing *2 (Sprint customer service) and pressing 1 at the first menu option seems to have automatically done the update. My PRL is now listed as 60658.

Brett
    To update the PRL, open the phone app, select Preferences from the Sprint drop-down menu in the upper left corner, scroll down select Update PRL.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Neither of those options work. I've got 60657.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    +1
    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Platinum; Visor Phone, Palm Zire 72; Treo 270, 700p; Centro x2; Pixi, Pre
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    To update the PRL, open the phone app, select Preferences from the Sprint drop-down menu in the upper left corner, scroll down select Update PRL.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttkk1 View Post
    +1
    You sure? You dialed *2, gave your number at the first prompt and didn't automatically get the PRL update? That's all it took for me...
    still 57 here.
    I did the PRL update. It said the phone updated but I could not see which number it was. How can I check which number it is on?
    Nevermind I found it. It is still showing 60657
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Still 60657 no matter what I try.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Still at 57 here. I tried updating both ways to no avail.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I would say try *2 again. That's what ultimately worked for me and the other two.
    Individual towers being added to the network don't change the PRL. The Preferred Roaming List contains a list of SIDs and the order the device should try connecting to them (usually on how cheap it will be for the main carrier to operate roaming there). PRLs are usually only updated when a roaming agreement is added or cancelled. In addition the PRL contains the list for the entire country, so if you live in California and a change is made for EVDO roaming in New York, your PRL would update as well even though you would not see a difference (unless you went to New York of course).

Having a PRL out of date isn't a problem for most users. If you are having problems connecting however, then first try a PRL update and Data Profile update to see if that fixes it. It could be a roaming change and the old list doesn't work in that area anymore.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post
    Individual towers being added to the network don't change the PRL. The Preferred Roaming List contains a list of SIDs and the order the device should try connecting to them (usually on how cheap it will be for the main carrier to operate roaming there). PRLs are usually only updated when a roaming agreement is added or cancelled. In addition the PRL contains the list for the entire country, so if you live in California and a change is made for EVDO roaming in New York, your PRL would update as well even though you would not see a difference (unless you went to New York of course).

Having a PRL out of date isn't a problem for most users. If you are having problems connecting however, then first try a PRL update and Data Profile update to see if that fixes it. It could be a roaming change and the old list doesn't work in that area anymore.
    I'm in an area of particularly bad coverage, so roaming is often my only choice. I'll take any improvement this might offer...
    I just updated to 60658. Thanks for the tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    Same for me.
    same here, updated today...
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Ran update with no issue
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    Still 60657 no matter what I try.
    I was able to update today at first try via the phone preferences.
    Was not able to update vi phone prefs but calling in via *2 did the trick.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast