Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm not sure why so many people were not aware they had and ASL on their accounts. I've been with Sprint for just over three years, and have never had one. I was approved for 5 lines when I opened my account and didn't have to pay any form of deposits. I called the other day when this information came out, and was told that I essentially had an unlimited account (whatever that means ) and did not have an ASL.

Just for clarification, this is how Sprint defines ASL:

"Account Spending Limits ("ASL")

An ASL is a temporary or permanent limit (typically based on credit history, payment history, or to prevent fraud) we place on the amount of unpaid charges you can accumulate on your account, regardless of when payment on those charges is due. We reserve the right to determine which charges count towards an ASL. If you have an ASL, we may suspend your Services without prior notice if your account balance reaches the ASL, even if your account is not past due. We may impose or increase an ASL at any time with notice. An ASL is for our benefit only and should not be relied on by you to manage usage."
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    its just crap saying they can cut service if your late on payment .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    The ASL is there to prevent you from racking up a huge bill that you can't pay. The ASL limit is based on the credit ranking assigned when the credit is run. IF you have had your account open for a while (like 18 months) you can call in to Care and see if it can be removed, you can also call in after 12 months of on time payments to see if your credit ranking can be run again, you may end up being bumped up int oa much higher ranking.

I had a customer who was limited to 2 lines, $150 deposit each and a $125 spending limit per line. After rerunning their credit they were approved for 5 lines no deposit, no spending limit and could then bill to their account. If your credit has increased you may be able to get the entire rank upgraded instead of just getting the limit removed.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    For the record, there is no reason for me to even have an ASL. My account was opened under a corporate umbrella account many moons ago in Florida and I never paid any deposit at all. I get calls from Sprint all the time trying to get me to add lines and I've never been cut off for reaching my ASL or for non-payment either so I dont even know why I have one. I'm going to to call and see if I can get it removed when I'm home the rest of this week...

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I too am an unfortunately new customer to Sprint (06/06/09 - yes, I'm a palm Pre owner) and was just informed today about the upcoming ASL fee.

I've already contacted Sprint letting them know they're not collecting it from me. If they want to lose the $1259.00 they'd be getting from me in regular service charges over the remaining 18 months in my contract over collecting an additional $60, then they can lose it all...

Really, who is making customer service policies over at Sprint? I was a Verizon customer for over 6 years and never had an issue with them (except for an occasional dropped call) - that's including billing, payments, plans, customer service. The only reason why I dropped Verizon was because they were so far behind the game with adopting smartphones that were actually really good (no, the original Blackberry storm is the biggest piece of crap my hands have ever placed their hand on.) Now they're looking to be the next carrier for the iPhone and they're going to be carrying the Palm pre.

So, since this does present a "materially adverse" effect to my contract - 7% of the average monthly bill is materially adverse btw - I now have to consider dropping Sprint and switching back to Verizon...but wait, again, Verizon is coming out with a Palm Pre in January.

It's almost like someone at Sprint is playing out of the Phil Schoonover (former Circuit City CEO that buried the company into non-existence) handbook.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrph View Post
    You can also get 10% of by being a member of a Credit Union.
    Is this in addition to corporate discounts?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    You've got me, man. I used to run credit checks hundreds of times a month for Sprint, and the results were never predictable. I had many guys in sharp suits and great haircuts pull a $500 deposit, and many homeless-looking people get 5 lines, no deposit. Honestly, I think Sprint just pays a bunch of people in the credit department to sit there with Magic 8-balls.
    the guys in suits are trying to look respectable whereas those with good credit dont need to dress up to hide their problems.
    Does your account have an ASL on it?

Quote Originally Posted by njdave_04 View Post
    I too am an unfortunately new customer to Sprint (06/06/09 - yes, I'm a palm Pre owner) and was just informed today about the upcoming ASL fee.

I've already contacted Sprint letting them know they're not collecting it from me. If they want to lose the $1259.00 they'd be getting from me in regular service charges over the remaining 18 months in my contract over collecting an additional $60, then they can lose it all...

Really, who is making customer service policies over at Sprint? I was a Verizon customer for over 6 years and never had an issue with them (except for an occasional dropped call) - that's including billing, payments, plans, customer service. The only reason why I dropped Verizon was because they were so far behind the game with adopting smartphones that were actually really good (no, the original Blackberry storm is the biggest piece of crap my hands have ever placed their hand on.) Now they're looking to be the next carrier for the iPhone and they're going to be carrying the Palm pre.

So, since this does present a "materially adverse" effect to my contract - 7% of the average monthly bill is materially adverse btw - I now have to consider dropping Sprint and switching back to Verizon...but wait, again, Verizon is coming out with a Palm Pre in January.

It's almost like someone at Sprint is playing out of the Phil Schoonover (former Circuit City CEO that buried the company into non-existence) handbook.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Just called and had mine removed. The CS girl was very nice but acted clueless at first and like it couldn't be done. I was persistent but nice and she called some people in dif departments, and eventually had a manual credit adjustment check done. You have to have no late payments and your credit score has to be good. Be careful though, the system had an error of me having a late payment in June from when I renewed my contract getting my pre (was out of contract since April), and she corrected it since the system showed I had actually paid well in advance. Make sure they check for payment errors first before the credit adjustment or else you might not get the spending limit removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Does your account have an ASL on it?
    i think most accounts have it. im on the phone with sprint right now. ill move to tmobile and go android.
    Quote Originally Posted by njdave_04 View Post

sprint is a sinking ship along side with winmo.
    i just called and it's 40 cents per line increase and $4.99 per account increase if you have a spending limit, not $4.99 per line. they told me the $4.99 can be waved if you set up auto pay. don't know if they are lying or what but thats what i was told by 2 people.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    i just called and it's 40 cents per line increase and $4.99 per account increase if you have a spending limit, not $4.99 per line. they told me the $4.99 can be waved if you set up auto pay. don't know if they are lying or what but thats what i was told by 2 people.
    I think it's a $0.20 per line increase MAKING it $0.40 total, not that that small amount really matters either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by wessock View Post
    I think it's a $0.20 per line increase MAKING it $0.40 total, not that that small amount really matters either way.
    no it's 40 per line and $4.99 per account.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    no it's 40 per line and $4.99 per account.
    Well, my bill says "Regulatory Charge/Ts&Cs Changes Effective 1/1/10, the Regulatory Charge will increase to $0.40/line"
    Well, my bill says "Regulatory Charge/Ts&Cs Changes Effective 1/1/10, the Regulatory Charge will increase to $0.40/line"
    Correct, it WAS $0.20 per line, and it will NOW be $0.40 per line.
    You have two options:

1. Autopay
    2. Maintain a perfect payment history for 12 months with a minimum of an 18 month tenure. The ASL will be lifted automatically.

If you do not have perfect payment history, you will be an ASL.
    Just called and had mine removed. The CS girl was very nice but acted clueless at first and like it couldn't be done. I was persistent but nice and she called some people in dif departments, and eventually had a manual credit adjustment check done. You have to have no late payments and your credit score has to be good. Be careful though, the system had an error of me having a late payment in June from when I renewed my contract getting my pre (was out of contract since April), and she corrected it since the system showed I had actually paid well in advance. Make sure they check for payment errors first before the credit adjustment or else you might not get the spending limit removed.
    There are exceptions made for stellar payment history regarding an accelerated removal of the ASL status. Rare occurrence though.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12