1.    #1  
    So there's a chance I may be working in Libya for one year next year. Anybody know if there's a way of getting out of the ETF?

I'm guessing only gsm phones work there also. Anybody know?
    Yes. Yes it is.
    You could also try a Blackberry TOur tho as it is a 4-band phone.
    I think that Sprint (other carriers as well) require proof you are leaving the country, though I think they only specifically mention millitary service in the contract.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Yes. Yes it is.
    You could also try a Blackberry TOur tho as it is a 4-band phone.

I don't know too much about these world phones. I checked the Sprint website and it says $3.49/minute international roaming in Libya. That means every call even calls within Libya, right? And I don't think I get data services. Uhh, I'm not sure about that.
    I think its only for military personell... that u can get out without taking the hit..
    Military Personnel have the option of the military suspension, which keeps the line available when they come back. If you are moving to another country (doesn't matter if you are military) Sprint needs proof that you are moving to cancel the lines without ETF.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    i recommend you do not get any us carriers for international calling, all the price rate are high and will give you a crazy bill. but if u need it no problem go a head, i do on the other hand recommend the magic jack. u can get a us number and make calls through the web, works well from what i hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by acekilla View Post
    i recommend you do not get any us carriers for international calling, all the price rate are high and will give you a crazy bill. but if u need it no problem go a head, i do on the other hand recommend the magic jack. u can get a us number and make calls through the web, works well from what i hear.
    Good advice - or even Skype with Skype out. Can get a number in multiple countries, they have good long distance rates, and voicemail, etc. Lots of options...
    You should be able to put your line on seasonal standby. It holds up your contract until you come back from Libya. You re-activate your service, and it's like you never left :P
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Just use the upcoming fee hike to get out.
    Incase they dont let you out just read this thread...

http: //forums .precentral.net/cdma-north-america/218792-get-out-your-sprint-contract-free-january. html

Any cell company that wont let you out of your contract when your moving outta contry is pretty dumb.