Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Ethical issues aside, aren't some of you on Sprint Premier? I can't imagine Sprint letting folks stay on Premier if you go month-by-month...wouldn't you lose the ability to get new phone pricing every year?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Ethical issues aside, aren't some of you on Sprint Premier? I can't imagine Sprint letting folks stay on Premier if you go month-by-month...wouldn't you lose the ability to get new phone pricing every year?
    You don't have to be under contract to be a SP customer. If I call them to go month to month, it wouldn't be because I want a new phone. It would be because I want to go month to month. I always keep my phone until they wear out or break down and that is usually every 3 years. Ver
    anyone know if Ill be charged by best buy if i do this? Im still within the 181 day period.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacarmn View Post
    You don't have to be under contract to be a SP customer. If I call them to go month to month, it wouldn't be because I want a new phone. It would be because I want to go month to month. I always keep my phone until they wear out or break down and that is usually every 3 years. Ver
    It sounds like a new phone is exactly why folks seem to want to go month-to-month. If I were Sprint, I certainly wouldn't keep folks on Premier if they got out of their contract over a $.40 charge, because their actual agenda is pretty transparent.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    I have 5 lines at .40 per line is an extra $2 a month which equates to $24 a year. Not to mention they are gonna apply taxes & surcharges to the new inflated price, which makes it even more a year. So who is lying. I have a legitimate gripe.
    If you actually get out of your contract because of that, I would totally agree.

So if I choose to opt out, then maybe a couple days later change my mind and decide to sign-up again I'm morally wrong. Oh F'in well. "He who is without sin. Let them cast the first stone."
    Well, that's where your ethics get a bit muddy, isn't it. You aren't changing your mind, if you always intended to sign back up. It's nobody's place to judge you, but pretending that it's not unethical is just silly: it's more honest to just say "I found a loophole and I'm going to lie to Sprint to get something out of it".
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    So I looked at my bill today, and I see a $0.40 Regulatory Charge there. Are there any other .40 charges on our plans I may not have noticed before, or is this THE one we're all talking about here? If so, I think I'm going to call today and see if I can switch over to month-to-month.

Edit - Never mind, I looked back to October and the $0.40 Regulatory Charge has been on there for a few months now at least. So is this going to be ANOTHER $0.40 charge on top of the one already there?
    Last edited by Big Dookie; 12/18/2009 at 02:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if getting a new MyFi now would qualify for this contract change issue?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jacarmn View Post
    Did Sprint give you a hard time when you called them about the change they made to the contract? Was it difficult to get them to agree to cancel it and remove the ETF?
    Nope.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I called and they said the fee only applies to consumer accounts, and that I have a corporate account because of my discount. I can't call about the 0.40 increase until I see it in my bill after January 1st.

I want to get rid of my Pre and get a Hero. The Hero has a lower retail price and I'd gladly return the Pre they replaced with everything along with it. I'm a Sprint Premiere Customer and would get to switch next November but that's a little too long with this horrible hardware.

Is there anyway of getting my phone switched without some excessive fee?
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by grynv View Post
    I called and they said the fee only applies to consumer accounts, and that I have a corporate account because of my discount. I can't call about the 0.40 increase until I see it in my bill after January 1st.

I want to get rid of my Pre and get a Hero. The Hero has a lower retail price and I'd gladly return the Pre they replaced with everything along with it. I'm a Sprint Premiere Customer and would get to switch next November but that's a little too long with this horrible hardware.

Once your contract ends, you can go get a new handset with full subsidy.
    Its sad that the PRE is really a cool phone and should be the one to kick ****...but there are so many issues and PALM nor Sprint really seem to care. Sprint does offer a good plan at a good price BUT if you keep on lossing the connection or continue to get lousy service is it really worth the 80 bucks month? For now i am going to stick with the PRE in hopes that a big wig somewhere realizes that its going to come down to a job for them or not... consumers will only put up with poor quality or lack of service for so long...its not like Sprint is the only carrier around.. and for contract terms.. for better service and product screw the $200. fee its worth it to move on......
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by RobFLA View Post
    Its sad that the PRE is really a cool phone and should be the one to kick ****...but there are so many issues and PALM nor Sprint really seem to care. Sprint does offer a good plan at a good price BUT if you keep on lossing the connection or continue to get lousy service is it really worth the 80 bucks month? For now i am going to stick with the PRE in hopes that a big wig somewhere realizes that its going to come down to a job for them or not... consumers will only put up with poor quality or lack of service for so long...its not like Sprint is the only carrier around.. and for contract terms.. for better service and product screw the $200. fee its worth it to move on......
    Sprint is the weak sister here. Palm isn't getting the kind of support in marketing from Sprint, but VZ should fix that. Without large number of handsets selling, app develops won't build for the platform.

A lot of things will get better when Sprint is out of the picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by grynv View Post

If you're a premier customer, and not eligible until next November, does that mean you bought your phone in November? If so, aren't you still within your 30 days?

BTW, using the .40 charge, they are not going to take your phone back. Bringing up the charge to them only lets you out of the contract, it doesn't obligate them to buy back a phone that you're having buyer's remorse over.
    Plus, if you got it with a new contract fairly recently, you should have gotten the phone at a highly subsidized price anyway. Why not just cancel the contract without the ETF, sell the phone, then sign a new 2-year contract and get the Hero or whichever other phone you're interested in again at a highly subsidized price?

Note that I'm not necessarily condoning this course of action, as even I would admit it skirts the "ethical" boundary somewhat, but it is a viable option I would think.
    lets say I wanna port my number to verizon. Should I call verizon to port my number, then once my number is working with verizon, call sprint and cancel?

bcuz I was under the impression that if I call sprint to cancel first, then I wouldent be able to port
    Quote Originally Posted by ziploker View Post
    lets say I wanna port my number to verizon. Should I call verizon to port my number, then once my number is working with verizon, call sprint and cancel?

bcuz I was under the impression that if I call sprint to cancel first, then I wouldent be able to port
    If you port your number first they will say you canceled the account and you will be charged the ETF. You might get you money back but it will be a pain in the ****.

you dont have to cancel the lines. You need them to honor the contract. Keep in mind that if sprint doesnt charge you the fee or agrees to waive it, you have no recourse to get out of the contract sans the ETF. I just spoke with sprint reguarding this issue (had to call on something unrelated) and their first response was to waive the fee increase till the contract expires.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    you dont have to cancel the lines. You need them to honor the contract. Keep in mind that if sprint doesnt charge you the fee or agrees to waive it, you have no recourse to get out of the contract sans the ETF. I just spoke with sprint reguarding this issue (had to call on something unrelated) and their first response was to waive the fee increase till the contract expires.
    either way.. If sprint offeres to waive the .20 cent increase. It is up to me to accept their offer or get out of the contract. True?
    FYI, if you get Sprint to make you Month 2 Month they will also revoke your Premier status which means you will be back to a 22 month upgrade schedule vs 12 month.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    either way.. If sprint offeres to waive the .20 cent increase. It is up to me to accept their offer or get out of the contract. True?
    Yes.
    They offered to credit me the money. I said no, I want out of my contract.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast