Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vteclipsegs View Post
    YMMV but this is what I got. Any tips on how I can get to a month-month? Keywords to say?
    ****One thing I want to make clear, you cannot fight the $4.99 fee. This fee is already in the contract so you cannot make an argument to get out of the ETF because of this fee. Your only option is to fight the $.40 / line increase with the regulatory fee.

I called *2 and I followed the prompts to the cancellation (retention) department.

I was polite, but I was direct and explained exactly why I was calling. The first person I spoke to agreed that the fees were not good but couldn't help me too much. I asked to speak to a supervisor.

Waited a few minutes for a supervisor, when I got one on he explained that the $4.99 can be credited, he also was not aware of the regulatory fee and had to 'look into it'.

He looked into it for a few minutes, he explained it's $.40 / line and that it was there to assist in helping Sprint pay for fee's that are passed down to them. I explained that this fee was not mandated by law, as my bill has a separate section for government regulated fee's and this would NOT apply in this case.

I explained that per the contract you and I both signed that if there is an material adverse effect to my billing, my bottom line that I am allowed out of contract without an ETF.

He said he will 'look into it' again, placed me on hold and hung up on me.

I called back, spoke to a lady. I explained that A) I was upset that I was hung up on and the caller never attempted to call me back. B) I am calling to get my contract removed because of the additional $.40 / line regulatory fee. She said that this was a fee that was already in the contract and that it may go up and any time. I said that I agreed with her, but I also explained the clause that reads I am allowed out of contract when there is a material adverse change to the contract, which in this case would be the additional $.40. She then mentioned that I could not cancel w/o an ETF. I asked to speak to a supervisor. She put me on hold, checked her her supervisor and she came back on the line and explained that the contract from my account has been removed and I am on a month to month billing cycle.

I thanked her and hung up. Called immediately back to confirm with a different Sprint rep and they said I was on month to month.

I checked Sprint website and it reads this for contract fulfillment.

Sprint Subscriber Agreement: Expired on 12/12/2009
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhyde View Post
    ****One thing I want to make clear, you cannot fight the $4.99 fee. This fee is already in the contract so you cannot make an argument to get out of the ETF because of this fee. Your only option is to fight the $.40 / line increase with the regulatory fee.

I called *2 and I followed the prompts to the cancellation (retention) department.

I was polite, but I was direct and explained exactly why I was calling. The first person I spoke to agreed that the fees were not good but couldn't help me too much. I asked to speak to a supervisor.

Waited a few minutes for a supervisor, when I got one on he explained that the $4.99 can be credited, he also was not aware of the regulatory fee and had to 'look into it'.

He looked into it for a few minutes, he explained it's $.40 / line and that it was there to assist in helping Sprint pay for fee's that are passed down to them. I explained that this fee was not mandated by law, as my bill has a separate section for government regulated fee's and this would NOT apply in this case.

I explained that per the contract you and I both signed that if there is an material adverse effect to my billing, my bottom line that I am allowed out of contract without an ETF.

I called back, spoke to a lady. I explained that A) I was upset that I was hung up on and the caller never attempted to call me back. B) I am calling to get my contract removed because of the additional $.40 / line regulatory fee. She said that this was a fee that was already in the contract and that it may go up and any time. I said that I agreed with her, but I also explained the clause that reads I am allowed out of contract when there is a material adverse change to the contract, which in this case would be the additional $.40. She then mentioned that I could not cancel w/o an ETF. I asked to speak to a supervisor. She put me on hold, checked her her supervisor and she came back on the line and explained that the contract from my account has been removed and I am on a month to month billing cycle.

I thanked her and hung up. Called immediately back to confirm with a different Sprint rep and they said I was on month to month.

Good job. That is the way to do it, though I would ignore the 4.99 issue completely, and just quote from the contract mention a) and b) as I outlined before. You should threaten to file a complaint with the FTC and the BBB if they try and blow you off.
    you can get month to month now. Just buy the phone outright andyou don't need a contract. Right?
    hmmm I tried getting month to month. Sprint said I cant do anything until January when it actually happens.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Good job. That is the way to do it, though I would ignore the 4.99 issue completely, and just quote from the contract mention a) and b) as I outlined before. You should threaten to file a complaint with the FTC and the BBB if they try and blow you off.
    Were you able to stay on the same plan after being released from contract ? Has your price increased? Did you loose anything ?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Were you able to stay on the same plan after being released from contract ? Has your price increased? Did you loose anything ?
    Thanks
    Plan stayed the same.
    Still have 1500 minutes
    Still have unlimted data / txt on two phones.
    My monthly payment remains the same. Actually, my employer discount jumped 7% so my payment did go down but it had nothing to do with the contract.
    From my conversation with the retentions department last night combined with the chat log it looks as though month-month is only an option if you've fulfilled at least one 2-year contract. I started in june with a new line so I'm not able to go month to month. I can walk away ETF free but I cannot just opt for month to month.

Several reps have flat out told me that "a person cannot come to sprint with a sprint phone and activate a new line of service without signing a 2 year agreement."

Any sprint reps able to comment if this is true?
    I was curious, so I called Sprint and asked if my account had an ASL on it. I was told that my account had no limits on it, and that I would not see the $4.99 increase in January. But I was curious what the ASL actually was, so I went to the Spring website and found this in the their terms:

"Account Spending Limits ("ASL")
    An ASL is a temporary or permanent limit (typically based on credit history, payment history, or to prevent fraud) we place on the amount of unpaid charges you can accumulate on your account, regardless of when payment on those charges is due. We reserve the right to determine which charges count towards an ASL. If you have an ASL, we may suspend your Services without prior notice if your account balance reaches the ASL, even if your account is not past due. We may impose or increase an ASL at any time with notice. An ASL is for our benefit only and should not be relied on by you to manage usage. "

I really like the last line, for their benefit only! Sheesh, anyone who gets a $4.99 charge should ask them what benefits they get from adding $4.99/month.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Pretty much, yeah. Lying is wrong, even if you think that Sprint has "hosed" you by not taking a loss on your purchase, and by making you pay for a phone when you weren't due for an upgrade.
    I have 5 lines at .40 per line is an extra $2 a month which equates to $24 a year. Not to mention they are gonna apply taxes & surcharges to the new inflated price, which makes it even more a year. So who is lying. I have a legitimate gripe. So if I choose to opt out, then maybe a couple days later change my mind and decide to sign-up again I'm morally wrong. Oh F'in well. "He who is without sin. Let them cast the first stone."
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Just called Sprint to find out the deal with the change of contract. I told them that I wanted to cancel both lines because of the .40 deal. I was offered a couple of deals.

1. $10.00 credit for 12 months I refused this
    2. Then was offered $10.00 credit for 24 months I refused this
    3. Was offered 2 new phones at 0.00 each.

I told her that I would think about it for a couple of days. I don't think I will cancel Sprint but wanted to see what they would offer me. They also told me that I could not cancel until Jan. 1st and to call back then. I asked her how the porting of the number would work. She told me to call on the 1st and tell them I am canceling because of the contract change. They will remove the ETF and when the new company calls, the number will be released with no fees.
    .... I swore off this thread on page 3 or 4, but it is interesting that this increase only applies to spending limit accounts. No offense to those who might be on spending limit accounts, but there is some added risk to Sprint to handle some of those.

.40 isn't too bad of an increase, but if it irks you so, it's nice to leave and be appreciated elsewhere. Kinda like being able to go home from work instead of being glued to my chair all night.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I may try to go for the month-to-month thing. I don't really want to drop Sprint entirely, mostly because I'm still liking my Pre right now and there isn't really any other plan out there right now that offers as much for the same price as Sprint's Everything Plan (except T-Mobile maybe, but whatever, I have no desire to switch to them). However, it would be nice not to be tied to a contract. I payed nearly full price for my Pre back in June since I wasn't up for renewal yet, so canceling at some point really won't bother me since my phone wasn't really subsidized anyway.

At least with month-to-month I can have the option of jumping ship if something better comes along in the next several months, or one of the other major carriers decides to start getting competitive with their plan pricing. And if not, oh well, I'll just stick with Sprint and renew once the Pre 2 comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by einnyen View Post
    Incorrect, Sir.

I worked for Sprint for 5 years. It's not an easy thing to do, however it is possible to have no contract on a line in P2K (Sprint internal system).

The problem is getting a rep that actually knows the system well enough too work it. I've found that most service centers have no idea how to do anything outside their narrow sales/activations/esn transfer activities.

Call telesales with an old phone, or purchase one at full retail price and they'll be happy to put you on a 0 year contract. Although I'd advise getting someone who speaks English as a first language...
    P2K isn't used anymore, probably because from a business perspective there were too many loopholes to get around policies without it being detected. After the merger the entire billing system was converted over to Ensemble which Nextel was using previously. Much of the overhead P2K required with individual coding is handled automatically now including contract attachment.

The only way to technically add a line without a contract would be to have it activate with the contract and remove it, which no rep in their right mind would do if they value their job since it isn't in the policies. Sprint policy is every new activation requires a 2 year agreement. All of those types of changes are automatically monitored now and reported.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Here's my little story.

I have a two line account, one with everything for my Pre, and one with just basic talk minutes, extra phone/line in case main phone breaks.

Two weeks before I got my Pre, my main phone broke (I washed it) and my second/back up phone was already dead (dropped in toilet) and I was going out of town for a week. So, instead of being out of town for a week with no phone, I go get a new phone=new two year contract. I get back to town and get the Pre=new two year contract on that line also.

So, I am stuck with two lines on two year contracts (both end June 2011) I don't want that extra second number and want to use this change in my contract to dump it with out having the ETF. I'll even give that phone back to Sprint if they want it.

Any thoughts on this scenario?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    Here's my little story.

I have a two line account, one with everything for my Pre, and one with just basic talk minutes, extra phone/line in case main phone breaks.

Two weeks before I got my Pre, my main phone broke (I washed it) and my second/back up phone was already dead (dropped in toilet) and I was going out of town for a week. So, instead of being out of town for a week with no phone, I go get a new phone=new two year contract. I get back to town and get the Pre=new two year contract on that line also.

So, I am stuck with two lines on two year contracts (both end June 2011) I don't want that extra second number and want to use this change in my contract to dump it with out having the ETF. I'll even give that phone back to Sprint if they want it.

If you were out of town for a week, you could have just brought the second phone back and returned it while getting the Pre for your main number at the same time. Sprint offers a 30 day risk free guarantee. As long as the device isn't damaged you can return it, you just pay for the usage. Just pointing that out.

Otherwise the fee increase could let you out of those contracts if you wanted to.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post
    Otherwise the fee increase could let you out of those contracts if you wanted to.
    Yeah, I realize that now. I want to keep my Pre and main line, just want to dump that second line.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

On December 22, 2009, I will have been a Sprint customer for 10 years. On Black Friday I purchased 4 Palm Pre phones (at $79 each). That .40 cent increase equates to a $1.20 per month charge. My $69.99 plan for 2 phones increased to $169.99 for 4 phones so that additional $1.20 charge just adds to the increased charges I'll be paying.

Question: If I call Sprint and the ETF is removed and I am successful in being placed on a month to month plan, would Sprint remove the employee discount that I get now? (25%)

I don't want to call them if there is a chance that they remove that employee discount. I can't afford to lose it. The hit to my purse would really sting.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jacarmn View Post
    On December 22, 2009, I will have been a Sprint customer for 10 years. On Black Friday I purchased 4 Palm Pre phones (at $79 each). That .40 cent increase equates to a $1.20 per month charge. My $69.99 plan for 2 phones increased to $169.99 for 4 phones so that additional $1.20 charge just adds to the increased charges I'll be paying.

Question: If I call Sprint and the ETF is removed and I am successful in being placed on a month to month plan, would Sprint remove the employee discount that I get now? (25%)

I don't want to call them if there is a chance that they remove that employee discount. I can't afford to lose it. The hit to my purse would really sting.
    My employer (INGENIX) has a 20% discount with Sprint. After I went month to month I continued to have my 20% discount applied to my account (verified w/ Sprint billing).

Here's my little story.

Please see my above post.
    Quote Originally Posted by postalUT View Post
    Sure, I would love to switch to AT&T or Verizon and pay an extra $110 a month for all the services I get on Sprint included in my plan. That would be super!

Don't give me the Verizon has better coverage argument either, it's played out.
    Agreed. I switched from Verizon 2 years ago, to AT&T for iPhone and now to Sprint for the Pre, and call quality on Sprint is just as good as Verizon IMO, in fact it seems like Sprint has less call drops and connection failures than either of the other two...could be a side effect of the great phone tho
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    My employer (INGENIX) has a 20% discount with Sprint. After I went month to month I continued to have my 20% discount applied to my account (verified w/ Sprint billing).

Please see my above post.
    Did Sprint give you a hard time when you called them about the change they made to the contract? Was it difficult to get them to agree to cancel it and remove the ETF?
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast